The Drill Brush + Encap is Amazing

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
What encap juice is that Grant?
Australian made product called All Round.

CA3ED272-6985-4C4F-8C8C-96D0B99B01F6.jpeg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
That fabric looks like Herculon aka olifin fabric.
Kinda hard NOT to get great results.
sorry to burst your bubble Grant.

Reactions: GeeeAus

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
That fabric looks like Herculon aka olifin fabric.
Kinda hard NOT to get great results.
sorry to burst your bubble Grant.
Your not bursting my bubble at all. I loved how simple it was to fix up. The wall mounted bedhead at the hotel is a polycotton blend.

The scrub tool is the shit. It works and it's fast. That's what I like.

And the ShearDry.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
You know I do a bit of upholstery. Mostly polyester thankfully. But I think upholstery is an area where more time saver and effort saver devices and processes need to be developed so we can all do better and make better returns on our appointments.

I used to agitate these manually. And its just shocking how with one new gadget and in less than three weeks my scrub time has fallen in half on a single residential upholstery booking. The least profitable type of job from my most profitable line of service.

Big gain.

Makes me wonder what others there are waiting?

Tell me your secrets.

@FredC do we have a board sponsor for Drill Brush or a similar gadget I can link to?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The shear dry has some nice qualities. It is ergonomic, narrower head than the SS tool, so a little easier to get to tighter spaces.

However the other issues make it far less good than the SS tool:
  1. Plastic in contact with fabric is rough (they say it is for agitation) which I guess may be good for Herculon and the likes. Though most of us use the tool primaraly as a rinsing tool and agitate with a brush or a mit. It makes the tool a no no for delicate fabric.
  2. Will leave more marks and harder to remove, on fabrics with nap.
  3. It over sprays when off the fabric. Which takes away the convenience of working in a dry environment. I guess good for the client as they get both their upholstery and their floors washed as well.
Just a tool appreciation balancing act, Grant :winky:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The shear dry has some nice qualities. It is ergonomic, narrower head than the SS tool, so a little easier to get to tighter spaces.

However the other issues make it far less good than the SS tool:
  1. Plastic in contact with fabric is rough (they say it is for agitation) which I guess may be good for Herculon and the likes. Though most of us use the tool primaraly as a rinsing tool and agitate with a brush or a mit. It makes the tool a no no for delicate fabric.
  2. Will leave more marks and harder to remove, on fabrics with nap.
  3. It over sprays when off the fabric. Which takes away the convenience of working in a dry environment. I guess good for the client as they get both their upholstery and their floors washed as well.
Just a tool appreciation balancing act, Grant :winky:
I agree with the overspray. I could do without the reverse spray bar.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
the drill brushes are good for a lot and cheap

but the Makita 9237 is a must on any truck

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
This drill brush is extremely good, however, it must be purchased from the U.K.
Upholstery Agitation Drill Brush
A well made brush for the agitation of cleaning chemicals.
The brush makes upholstery cleaning far easier and much faster, saving you both time and energy.
Hard to remove spots and stains along with built up dirt will become simple to remove instead of the usual nightmare of manual agitation.
Approx diameter of brush is 6in.
The outer bristles of the brush do not spin preventing over spray and flicking of dirt.
Can be used on carpets, (ideal on stairs) sofas, car seats, tiles, grout, hard floors, the list is endless.

It is very similar to the old brush on the Von Schrader machine in that it has a centre brush that rotate, & an outer brush that is fixed, thus stopping any over-splash.

Like Bjorn, we also use the Makita 9237 with bonnets extensively, also the HOS Orbot Micro with various brushes.

Each tool is merely that, a tool, it's up to the individual to find what suits them best & gives the best results for the job at hand.

:yoda:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
  1. It over sprays when off the fabric. Which takes away the convenience of working in a dry environment. I guess good for the client as they get both their upholstery and their floors washed as well.

I would think adjusting the PSI at the TM or tool would solve this problem.

I have 2 drill brush heads-- I never really took time to use them.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Doesn't.
Unlike the SS tool or PMF's internal jet, the tool is not designed to suck the water when any part of the tool is off the fabric.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
The ShearDry is capable of suspending the stream if the side of the shoe becomes exposed but not the front or rear edges alone.

If I clean a chair arm and I can keep 2/3rds of the tool engaged and say 1/3 of the side of the shoe is exposed it will not spray back.

More than 1/3rd exposed and you’ll get wet.
Doesn't.
Unlike the SS tool or PMF's internal jet, the tool is not designed to suck the water when any part of the tool is off the fabric.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Why don't you seal it with goop in the rear spray and allow front to take over? I put foam inside it too to help with flow so it doesn't go crazy on me. Specifically in the center and the both ends.

Name
Jeff T
It is cheaper to work with better tools.
Particularly if ones cleans more than one sofa a month.
Yup.... I’m cleaning 2 couches, a sectional, 2 lazy-boy-style chairs, a large breakfast nook bench, and 6 dining room chairs in the AM.... oh, and a full house of wool W/W.... I’ll be using my SS.... I HATED UPH before I got that tool.... now, it’s just money, money, money.....

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom