The Fest.

Mikey P

Administrator
I can't thank the Dri Eaz crew enough for making this event go so smooth.
Months ago Janet, Mike, Marcia, Brandon, Steve, Bob Foster begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting and I started organizing this project with weekly early morning group phone calls. We were prepared for the worst for every situation (weather, crowds, power requirements, drunken Connections members crashing the event, too much or not enough food etc) and every thing and I mean every thing went perfect.

Janet Smith, Mike Newby and Foster went way beyond the call of duty with their efforts and should be excessively congratulated for an amazing job well done.

Bill Bruders should be very proud of his crew at the facility (and in Washington and Prescott) for pulling this off. He and his staff certainly took Mikefest to a whole new level.

The head count was exactly what we predicted. 170 give or or take a scrappy little dog or two. Vendor count was @ 25, give or take a whacked out right wing wacko or two.

The Upholstery and Carpet Repair classes were hits as were the Marketing, Blog and Rug presentations. All the instructors did a great job providing fresh new material with out turning any presentation into a sales pitch.

The Sales pitch presentations were well received as well. :shock:

Mike’s Truckmount Forum was a huge hit. The speakers and the audience all had a great time. You could say that the Truckmount is the heart and soul of this industry so to have the greatest minds who ever designed our life’s blood all on one stage was quite a treat. While some of those on the panel were very apprehensive and feared they were being set up to be attacked by rabid BB broke dicks, they left the session as giddy as a 13 year old school girl preparing for her first model shoot. It was an excellent expos'e into the past present and future of truckmount design.

Night time activities were as wild and crazy as any other Carpet Cleaning gathering in the past. Friendships were made, abused and strengthened. Folks who have chatted on line for many years met for the first time face to face and misconceptions and misunderstandings were cleared. Our little online family tree grew even stronger roots..

Even with out any pig shit fertilizer…

Just about all the vendor's booths and trucks were busy on both days. Not a complaint was heard, in fact most were thrilled with the outcome. Deals were made, product was sold and two offers to host the event next year were made.

A huge heartfelt thanks to all of the attendees, vendors, support crew and Bill.

Mikey P

Administrator
M6F007.jpg

M6F010.jpg

M6F011.jpg

M6F012.jpg

M6F013.jpg

M6F015.jpg

M6F016.jpg

M6F019.jpg

M6F023.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
HAHA I brought my jon don dry pro, but no one wanted to use it. I guess were getting an update for it. The way it is now it still worked better than that new waterclaw! duh.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
That's a pretty nice BBQ Terje got there. Is that the Chavez twins with the Zipper?

Dirtmonger

Hey Mikey

Excellent Excellent weekend Thanks for bringing the fest to Nashville. You had enough "stuff" there to fill two more days not counting the ASD yet to come. Also a big thanks to DriEze/Legends for sponsoring this event. It was really a good sized event to remain personal but had tremendous industry representation. Lee really nice to meet you as well. I'll look you up soon when I cross the LBL.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Dirtmonger I didnt meet you. and we are really close. Thank everyone for this, I have never been to anything like it.

Dan Lloyd

It was a great Fest. Well organized and ran very well.

I saw lots of people I've met before and met a lot of people that I didn't know. There are lots of good people in this industry.

Classes were great, lunch was good, snacks were plentiful. Great selection of demos and vendors.

I learned a lot and had fun. Doesn't get any better than that.

Not sure how Mikey got the weather to cooperate, but it did.

Thanks

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Great job by all concerned. I got to meet many of the posters and even the man himself, Evan Kessler. My brother drove up from Florida to meet me there and we had a blast at the bars on Broadway Ave. in downtown Nashville. Outstanding country bands, rockabilly mountain music, and rock and roll at dozens of places up and down the street all going on at once. Thanks to Jim Pemberton, Tony Wheelwright and Lisa Wagner for the classes I was at. Good to see everyone and thanks for all your efforts.

He was feeling pretty good last night. I guess everyone was. Free food, beautiful women in abundance, and lots of alcohol will do that. I had never tried Yingling until yesterday. It's good stuff.

dgargan

I was glad Marty didn't come and his look alike twin Steve Cameron was much better to talk to anyway. Bob V. was just as a imagined he would be..very funny guy, Duane was a day late as always, I learned CU makes a great Irish coffee, Jim Pemberton, Ivan Turner and Bill Yeadon are very smart guys.
Great time!

David

PS Oh and Tony Wheelwright learned to never ask two guys from Tn who polished off a bottle of Captain Morgan and a few beers to help jump start his Hybrid car in the parking lot at 2am. Sorry Tony those hybrids are weird. Glad we didn't do any long term damage.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Tony still having trouble with his hybrid Toyota? Ouch. I carried him downtown to the dealer Saturday afternoon and he thought (hoped) the problem was licked.

We'll have to get him a green card if he can't get back home.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Good times.

Getting ready for this week back @ Dri Eaz. shiteatinggrin

ron markam

Thanks for bringing the event to my home.It was cool to meet some of the people from the boards.One thing I can honestly say is I met people whose personality does match their online persona.Almost everyone was very nice and cordial(except for one vendor who shall remain as nameless as he is classless). I really enjoyed talking to Terry Brevik (real smart guy) and mikeys sense of humor was cool. When he told me what his mental picture of me was I cracked up.Real Fun and it will not be my last industry event.Thanks again to everyone.

Mikey P

Administrator
The build went real well.

I had no idea what the HX system was all about on these units so getting to see it all apart let us into Mike Roden's ingenious mind.

Very impressive way to capture the blower and engine heat.

damn blower almost sucked Jeremy into it when they fired her up with out the waste tank hose connected.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Many, many thanks to Brad, David and Lee for all your help.
My Toyota is humming along beautifully once more and I am now in Prattville, Alabama.

There was garbage all along the Freeway once you crossed the line into Bama and the number of dumb drivers seemed to really pick-up.
But Prattville was quite impressive - they even have paved roads and street lights which was quite a surprise to me.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Congratulations to all involved, on the success of the event.

What's the word on the new jet configuration on the Bentley wands?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Great photos - it certainly was an interesting, and energetic crowd. :) And I really enjoyed meeting a lot of really nice, knowledgeable cleaners.

Don't know if you know this, but Tony Miller from Jancoa was there - he's the one that the book "Dream Manager" was written about. Great friend of mine, and it was awesome to see him there. Drove down from Ohio, and I was shocked to see him. He has 25% of his city's janitorial business, 300+ employees.

Steve and Caryn Cameron - great seeing you both. Lots of great surprises ... and thank you Mike for the invite to speak.

Dri-Eaz of course, always top notch. The products, the equipment, the people.

Keep warm and dry wherever you all are!
Lisa

harryhides

Name
Tony
hogjowl said:
Thanks for not stopping by. I sent my wife to Gulf Shores, just in case.

I should be there for lunch, I can't wait to see that magnificent view of Mobile harbor.

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
Absolutely a first rate event! All the advantages of having the brilliant minds & leaders of our industry without having to fight through a crowd on inconsiderate people to pick their brains. Def. turned me into a MB Lifer, & in just one weekend... Mikey you should be proud. lol It was great to Meet everyone over the weekend and a special thanks to Mark & Andrechelle, Mr. Connecticut, The other Josh, JB, Oz, Davis, Freddie B., Terry, Jim the hotdog salesman, Art, JB, Lisa & of course Mikey, for taking me in as one of ur own sick n twisted friends lol and JK. It So great to make all the new connections as it is so much easier to work with people whom you've had a face top face meeting with. I just want to stress again what a great time I had and can't wait for the next event.

Extra Special Thanks to Bawb for getting me mixed up in this whole crazy thing we call Mikey's board!

Thanks again
Crash

Name
Ron lippold
Sure wish i could have been there. So was there a chemical shoot out. How many hrs on billys truck. Who had the biggest hangovers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom