The Freshwater pump impeller kept going

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
In one of our set ups we had a jabsco industrial water puppy pumping fresh water from the tank to machine and the impeller kept going, whether it was friction and heat or who knows but it died two weeks ago in the beginning of a huge day, I keep a back up impeller on the truck but it seem to be the impeller housing so I stopped at a bait and Marine shop and grapped a RULE Fresh Bait pump and some sturdy bilge pump hose anda couple step down connectors and clamps. $158 later(would have been less but I needed the step downs and clamps because I was doing it on the fly) I have an awesome pump that automatically turns on and off without high level switch or anything. It has been incredible how well this has worked, I am curious how long it will last.

If it lasts next go around when the other two start to fail I will definitely go this route, simple easy and I can not see how it can fail. 3 yr warranty

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It should last you a long time as long as the water has no trash in it or has a strainer. These run on boats nonstop for days at a time some times. Good thinking.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Greg- I can get 2 Flojet 5 GPM pumps from Dultmeier for that price and they last a long time. I started with Jabsco diaphragm pumps and they were high maintenance. But you wouldn't know that since you're a young'n around here boy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom