The future of the mighty V

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So now that the dust has settled and things have quieted down some....I have sold mine....I know that a hand full of others have sold there's....I still get calls on repair issues but not as often as I was................Is this a sign....will the Vortex ever rise again.....or is she going into extinction like the might T rex....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Rich is probably a good guy, but he's made some bad decisions and had some bad breaks as well. He's building windmills last I heard. Kind of reminds me of Mr EZ...

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Come on Jim, are you trying to pour salt in our wounds now that you have sold yours?

Just kidding, I think most of us V owners know that we are kinda stuck, we can only hope that A/T and JMartin will help us out until we can move on to something else. I would love for my next truck to be an A/T cuz I love the set up, however I can't really say it is better or worse than any other TM because this is the only experience I have with TM's. I like the Judson C-4 simplicity, however I am not in love with the propane idea. I think most V owners like the idea of putting a great TM in a small box truck we have gotten kinda spoiled for space. I think your new set up looks great and gives you all the options you had before. I like the looks of the Prochem Everest 650 but I am not crazy about the cost, however it looks like they have dumbed them down somewhat.

And Lee it would be nice isf Sapphire was up to something Big, however would it be affordable.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Not trying to pour salt.......phone slowed way down....just wondering what is going on.......

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
On a serious note....because I always give you guys hell about the V....

Isn't technology supposed to make things work better in a smaller package?
Not sure why anyone would want to buy (or create) a huge machine when you're cleaning a 1/4 inch of fiber.

Maybe the greatest technology isn't here yet but there are surely better options than the monster V.

If you've got one now, I understand that you might feel trapped. I say make the best of what you have until you can get out from under it and find something smaller and more efficient.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
With Powerclean bankrupt I'm wondering who Shawn is going to get to build his machines now. Rumor had it that Jim Nape was going to be at the forefront of that project.

Ryan

Lee Stockwell said:
Ryan said:
http://www.pacificvacuum.com/used_carpet_cleaning/detail.php?siteid=795

Aha! that tells me Sapphire Scientific is up to something big....and Ron's making his move to be ready for it.

I may be wrong.
Lee

Or maybe things are slowing down and he realized its not feasible to run two of those trucks. I'm sure 4k a month in payments just for your equipment gets old.

I can see Ron getting rid of one for a smaller cargo truck, but for other cleaners with one V as their main truck, they should just keep the V and run it till the wheels fall off. That is the most profitable solution.

It really is amazing witnessing firsthand how the cleaning industry is changing everyday. Big trucks are fading away and encap is growing daily.

The next big thing will be box trucks with slide ins or dual slide ins. That will last for a few years, but eventually the majority of cleaners will be shifting to more powerful portables and smaller tm's (electric or battery powered).

If gas was cheaper than 2 dollars per gallon, no one would even mention selling their trucks. The real problem with this economy is the high fuel costs and the impact it has on everything. It has just taken a few years for everything to catch up. If the price of gas dropped a dollar per gallon, our economy would grow 10 percent a year for several years in a row.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
If BlueLine hadn't taken over the V at the time I wouldn't have bought one

but for other cleaners with one V as their main truck, they should just keep the V and run it till the wheels fall off. That is the most profitable solution.

I had purchased many truck mounts, traded one in and bought another, once I bought the V I didn't plan on buying another TM again, a box truck and big slide in with accessories was gonna run me $60,000, another $20,000 didn't really seem like that much more money to me

I'm sure 4k a month in payments just for your equipment gets old.

even with $1 buyout the payment is no where near that, that might be your payment if you tried to pay it off in 2 years with a few grand as a down payment

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ryan, Do you suck on lemons all day, or are you a professional pessimist. To answer your statement, things have not slowed down, last week I had one of the most profitable weeks ever. I am not selling the truck to downsize.

Ryan

ronbeatty said:
Ryan, Do you suck on lemons all day, or are you a professional pessimist. To answer your statement, things have not slowed down, last week I had one of the most profitable weeks ever. I am not selling the truck to downsize.

You mean I can make money doing this....? Its just a hobby right now! !gotcha!

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Most of the people on this board that are always talking about the cost of a Vortex, have never owned one. I have made this statement before and will stand by it: I have made far more money per operating hour since owning the Vortex's, with less physical labor. When you concentrate on cost without considering the efficiencies created by the additional power YOU miss the opportunity to excel.

Ryan

Would you have preferred I trade insults with you? I know the joke was lame, but I thought it the better choice.

G

George V

Here's ZeroRez's idea of what the future of Big Trucks looks like.

looks like a huge step backwards compared to the ground pounders they used to run.

zerorez_vanwrap.jpg

dsc00326.jpg

Whadayathink Beatty?

Is this what your trading your V in for?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ronbeatty said:
Most of the people on this board that are always talking about the cost of a Vortex, have never owned one. I have made this statement before and will stand by it: I have made far more money per operating hour since owning the Vortex's, with less physical labor. When you concentrate on cost without considering the efficiencies created by the additional power YOU miss the opportunity to excel.

Ron, if you sell your V for close to what you're asking, what will you replace it with?
(I'm ASSuming you intend to replace it, since you said you're not downsizing)

.......................................................................................................................................

Dan said;

but eventually the majority of cleaners will be shifting to more powerful portables and smaller tm's (electric or battery powered).

Dan, the bulk of fuel used is getting to and from jobs, not running the machine
An average TM uses 1 to 3 gal pr hour (most use much less the 3 GPH)
at $3 bucks a gal, the cost for an hour production time cost's "me" $4 dollars.
Until some wiz kid can make an electric vac (that doesn't need a GAS generator) to do the same job of an average sized (45) positive displacement blower , I'll "budget" that whopping $4 pr hour for a gas TM

The V is dead, but there will always be a very small niche market for a mega mount .
It will always be small, because it just doesn't fit most "knowledgeable" owner's biz model.
Very few can utilize the capacity $efficiently$

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom