The future of the mighty V

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
meAt said:
ronbeatty said:
Most of the people on this board that are always talking about the cost of a Vortex, have never owned one. I have made this statement before and will stand by it: I have made far more money per operating hour since owning the Vortex's, with less physical labor. When you concentrate on cost without considering the efficiencies created by the additional power YOU miss the opportunity to excel.

Ron, if you sell your V for close to what you're asking, what will you replace it with?
(I'm ASSuming you intend to replace it, since you said you're not downsizing)

Maybe, someone is building him the ultimate TM in a box truck since that was his question for the TM guru's up on stage @ Mikeysfest.

I still like the picture Les posted some time ago, and Mikeys idea of two C4's in a box.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ronbeatty said:
Most of the people on this board that are always talking about the cost of a Vortex, have never owned one. I have made this statement before and will stand by it: I have made far more money per operating hour since owning the Vortex's, with less physical labor. When you concentrate on cost without considering the efficiencies created by the additional power YOU miss the opportunity to excel.

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Lets take the guess work out of this. With significant equity from units sold, the payments on both Vortex's is less than $2400.00 a month. And remember, it's not what you spend, it is what you earn.

G

George V

floorguy said:
wonder whats inside the zero rez one

Don't know what's inside but the outside looks the same as every other carpet cleaner in town.

No more rolling billboard (more like a rolling business card) :-(

No more 240 gal freshy/stanky.

No more dual wanding.

No more insane heat

No more wicked fast dry times

No more 100db sound levels to attract a crowd

JP is gonna have to work OT to seperate them from the pack now.

I almost forgot. At least they still have their "special" water.

Just for the record I talked to a lady from Houston not long ago. She asked me about zero rez. She said they must be good. I told her to call a local owner op and get an estimate first.

That just goes to show that the general public will believe anything. She saw their ads on tv and automatically thought they were good.

Hey remember some people believed glaciers could stop the gulf stream in thousands of feet of water. Movies were even made about that completely impossible idea.

G

George V

I wrestle w/ that a lot.

Do I convience people I'm the best only to show up to the jobsite w/ 2nd best. deep down that ain't right.

Or, do every I can to deliver the absolute best.

What to do? I'm so confused!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
round and round we go, where it stops nobody knows

Hope it all works out for you Ron, I know someone in Portland looking for a good used one. It would be thier 2nd machine. I will pass your info along to a certain person.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
ronbeatty said:
And remember, it's not what you spend, it is what you earn.

Not what you earn, but what you keep...

It IS what you keep.

It's also about spending the least amount possible to get the same or better end result and optimal earnings.
So it's also what you spend AND what you earn.

Spend $1200.00 per month and make $10,000
Spend $500.00 per month and make $10,000

Of course, I'm only talking payments....Not insurance, upkeep, fuel etc etc etc.

Just trying to be nice. lol

PS. And I still didn't work as hard.

Walt

If only the math were that easy in deciding which machine to buy. When you take in to account production rates, drive time, size of jobs, amount of work based on return of investment, maintenance, longevety of equipment, tax incentives and even terrain (city vs suburbia -parking) it's a little more complex. Then there are the intangibles like appearance, customer satisfaction and pride of ownership to consider. My point is that someone can do the "math"'and come up with different and legitimate numbers. I'm certain that Ron knows what he is doing. On the other hand some of us, myself included, had little idea what they were getting themselves into and couldn't separate fact from fiction. Fortunatley for many of us it really didn't matter in the end we were fine - we made it work. However some weren't so lucky.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Brian R said:
[quote="Able 1":17c06ysy]
ronbeatty said:
And remember, it's not what you spend, it is what you earn.

Not what you earn, but what you keep...

It IS what you keep.

It's also about spending the least amount possible to get the same or better end result and optimal earnings.
So it's also what you spend AND what you earn.

Spend $1200.00 per month and make $10,000
Spend $500.00 per month and make $10,000

Of course, I'm only talking payments....Not insurance, upkeep, fuel etc etc etc.

Just trying to be nice. lol

PS. And I still didn't work as hard.[/quote:17c06ysy]
Brian, Here is some math that MAY make sense to you.
2006 $700.00 per month on van mounted equipment, 1100 hrs @ $193.72
2009 $1200.00 per month on Vortex's, 993 hrs @ $290.11
DO THE MATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not enough info to do the math correctly as said above.
But I will take your word that you made more at the end of the day with the V.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
sometimes I think of selling mine but like today is when I decide not to

your typical 2 story 1700SQ ft house tile kitche and bathrooms, 3 rooms + master L & D stairs, house was empty and home owner had vacuumed

I took a brush to the edges and pre sprayed, Drew took a crb to it

we both pulled in hose and went to work on the carpet, 1 hour and 20 minutes we had everything wrapped and put away and we took our time pulling the carpet

only broke a sweat when I did the stairs

12 flow on both wands @ 260, the first rooms we cleaned were dry to the touch with no fans

the truck isn't for the single wand group

I have a hard time putting value on the time the truck saves me

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Steve, That is exactly my point. I want to the equipment to help me work more efficiently, make me more money, and make the work easier. I have worked hard all my life, it is a little easier now. :idea:

sam gm

I Highly recomend a box truck,(especially owner/operator) The vortex & aerotech seems to b just the rite size for our trade. I believe the future is larger service vehicles that maximize space & storage.
Just look at all the new emergency & service vehicles ( ambulances, firetrucks, tow trucks, plumbers, ac& heat, ect,..) in the past 10 years or so. Having the power,set up, & storage is great.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh, and we forgot about adding the second guys wages to the math and the fact that he HAS to be there with you to dual wand.
Yes I know ....quicker with two guys....but he could be at HIS first appt across town instead.

I think I just need to shut the hell up. lol

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
but than you need two trucks and each guy takes twice as long cleaning, especially if he has a portable

as long as I can get parts for the machine I will be happy, hope to retire from the business in 5 years then sell the beast

I made just under $300 per hour so I'm happy

it's all good Brian, have a nice weekend

Maybe I am in the minority here, but the problem I see with having so much overhead and 100k dollar trucks is after a really big job you can't sit back and relax. You have to work all the time. I just couldn't deal with that kind of stress. If I had a really good crew, then I would definitely think different and a V would make more sense if a DEAL CAME ALONG. I could never spend that kind of money on a truck. If not I would rather have something like Jim's or Harp's. If I did own one that I bought new, then the only logical solution is to run it till the wheels fall off. In reality a V with a good crew should be bringing in 30k plus per month. I personally don't see duplicating those numbers with a second truck. Then again if I was in business for 40 years, then it might be possible. But if Ron was knocking out 40-50k per month as he should with those trucks and 40 years experience, he wouldn't be selling a mint V.

Ron still I agree you know what is best for your business. If you can make more in less time and keep more, then keep doing what you have been. I can see you trying to be more efficient with one truck and getting a cargo for extra work or as a back-up.

tmdry said:
meAt said:
ronbeatty said:

Ron, if you sell your V for close to what you're asking, what will you replace it with?
(I'm ASSuming you intend to replace it, since you said you're not downsizing)

Maybe, someone is building him the ultimate TM in a box truck since that was his question for the TM guru's up on stage @ Mikeysfest.

I still like the picture Les posted some time ago, and Mikeys idea of two C4's in a box.

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT !! YOU GOT IT.

x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wgx]

judsonshow023.jpg

judsonshow053.jpg

100_3387.jpg

Name
John LaBarbera
Great pictures, Les. Who's the kid with the "high waters"? Does he only have one shirt. It seem he wears the same one all the time. I think we should all spring and buy him a real shirt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom