the heater is on..

okccarpetman

when i got home today i checked the van with tm, and it has ice all over it.. i have a heater going its just -5 windchill, the water hose connector had a fat ice cicle on it.. so i put another heater on it, will it be ok when unthawsss.. im not starting until it thaws out.. what is way to keep from blowing fuses in the house, with 2 heaters?

james
_______________________________________________________\
talk about pissed off, ive worked my whole life for that thing, now what to do?

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Get a heated garage! Seriously, whats a few hundred a month for a heated garage with water? I don't understand why people make the kinds of investments they do in TM's and then fail to safegaurd them properly.

okccarpetman

because its to long for a small one,, plus when i had it there i couldn't get in after 9pm and before 9am it sucks,, i put two heaters on it now its thawing out!! maybe it will be ok , u think?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if your van is outside in the elements, you'll need much more than a 1500wt heater.

a sure thing is a kero convection heater.
about $120 bukz

put that in the van along with a small fan to circulate hot air (a must) , and it will stay warm at 20 below

if you use a kero heater, you MUST crack a window or two or the heater will consume all the oxygen and smother the flame.
You'll wake up to a soot covered ice cube if you don't have a window cracked

..L.T.A.

Becker

Name
Becker
So who really is ABC?

HEATERS... GLUE SOME FOIL BACKED PRESSED FOAM TO tHE CEILING... YOU WILL HAVE NO WORRIES.

I left a 12 pack of pepsi inthe garage.. detached. No heat. Out side temp got as low as 5, winds up to 25.. you do the math.. pepsi never froze.

In a word. get a garage.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if it is going to get that cold and you don't have a garage insulate like becker said and run some anti freeze through your system and make sure youhave the return hose to circulate it

when it thaws and you see the water coming out the exhaust when you turn the pump on that was your heat exchanger

Becker

Name
Becker
I never ever winterized my TM...

That seemed like way to much work,

I did bring my wand, tools and HF inside.

I was amazed how much a 1/2 inch peice of foam on the ceiling helped.

okccarpetman

it good and toasty now with 1500w and 1800w heater back there!!!!!!!!

think it will be ok when i start it , if the temp ever goes up?

james
___________________________________________\
abc carpet care llc
america's best clean everytime!!!!!!!!

okccarpetman

its in the back of a gmc 3500 pick up , thats 27 ft long,and it has a custom made utlilty camper on it !!!!!!! maybe i should lie some rhino on the bottom and top!!!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It should be ok but if your pump froze hard it could have done damage. Let your truck warm up well before you cut the heaters off to try it. Make sure the water in supply line is flowing well.

Able 1

Name
Keith
When I thought me s*it froze I had my van at 98 degrees for 3 hours... scared the living sh*t out of me! To hit that temp. I had my van running 2 heaters inside and a diesel 250,000 btu heater blowing in the back door... I did call Australia that day they were the only ones open because of the time difference to get some advice he said "Oh you should be good mate!" He did walk me through the things I should look for if it was damaged.

Phone call to Australia $60.00 (didn't even know about the boards back 3 years)

Now stays at around 38 in my van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom