Be real.

Be organic.

Be that guy or company.

Screenshot_20180610-224653_Photos.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Mike, being supportive of your community is both admirable and a good business practice. I'll let Marty and Friends have fun working you over for any perceived (or real) self congratulatory comments on your part.

I'd like to ask this:

Could you do as well with this sort of support in Santa Cruz, or is this more effective in a "small town" atmosphere?

Perhaps tied in with that: Did you ever do similar things in CA when it was your home base?

Reactions: Mark Saiger
F

FB7777

Being in a relatively small community of 25,000 people I can say that getting involved both volunteer and paid sponsorship pays dividends far in excess of paid advertising

Especially if you are a small shop

People always remember the companies that give back

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Mike, being supportive of your community is both admirable and a good business practice. I'll let Marty and Friends have fun working you over for any perceived (or real) self congratulatory comments on your part.

I'd like to ask this:

Could you do as well with this sort of support in Santa Cruz, or is this more effective in a "small town" atmosphere?

Perhaps tied in with that: Did you ever do similar things in CA when it was your home base?

Mikey would do things like that all the time in Santa Cruz. In fact, when I would go to the Beach Boardwalk I would often see Mike on the beach busily pulling tennis balls out of the blow holes of whales. I’ve seen him drag beached dolphins back into the surf. It’s a good thing Mike is Herman Munster tall because he was able to drag them back extra deep.

Another time I saw him save a seagull that was stuck in the local lighthouse. Everytime the light would make a rotation, the poor bird would get a little more cooked. Mike scaled the lighthouse, busted out the window, and the bird was freed.

The best and most heroic story is the time Mike saved all the Bananna slugs from a brutal death on a construction sight of new homes. The bulldozers surly would have ground them up into Bananna pudding. Bananna slugs only come out in the early morning when it’s cool. Mike went to the construction site at 4 am wearing his best overalls and started collecting all the bananna slugs. He loaded his pockets and 10 gallon hat with every slug he could find. He then took them into the forest and lovingly placed them around the base of a redwood tree.

Oh, last but not least, lets not forget the time a baby seal fell off the pier and hit it’s head on a surfer, knocking the baby seal unconscious. Mike quickely jumped into action, swam out to the baby seal, and in the middle of a school of stinging jellyfish, gave that baby seal mouth to mouth resuscitation. The seal sprung back to life and thanked Mike with a regurgitated fish.

So yes @Jim Pemberton , Mike did this stuff all the time in Ca. . The only difference was all the damn hippys here do the same thing all the time, so no one really notices. In Beer Can Springs, where Mike currently resides, he’s a bit of a peacock.

B669BD8F-E204-4BCB-B142-50D0303D4B8D.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Mikey would do things like that all the time in Santa Cruz. In fact, when I would go to the Beach Boardwalk I would often see Mike on the beach busily pulling tennis balls out of the blow holes of whales. I’ve seen him drag beached dolphins back into the surf. It’s a good thing Mike is Herman Munster tall because he was able to drag them back extra deep.

Another time I saw him save a seagull that was stuck in the local lighthouse. Everytime the light would make a rotation, the poor bird would get a little more cooked. Mike scaled the lighthouse, busted out the window, and the bird was freed.

The best and most heroic story is the time Mike saved all the Bananna slugs from a brutal death on a construction sight of new homes. The bulldozers surly would have ground them up into Bananna pudding. Bananna slugs only come out in the early morning when it’s cool. Mike went to the construction site at 4 am wearing his best overalls and started collecting all the bananna slugs. He loaded his pockets and 10 gallon hat with every slug he could find. He then took them into the forest and lovingly placed them around the base of a redwood tree.

Oh, last but not least, lets not forget the time a baby seal fell off the pier and hit it’s head on a surfer, knocking the baby seal unconscious. Mike quickely jumped into action, swam out to the baby seal, and in the middle of a school of stinging jellyfish, gave that baby seal mouth to mouth resuscitation. The seal sprung back to life and thanked Mike with a regurgitated fish.

So yes @Jim Pemberton , Mike did this stuff all the time in Ca. . The only difference was all the damn hippys here do the same thing all the time, so no one really notices. In Beer Can Springs, where Mike currently resides, he’s a bit of a peacock.

View attachment 82559

Post of the MONTH!

Mikey P

Administrator

View attachment 82559

No pee jobs today?

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom