The HOSS/ RVXL MFE Showdown!

Mikey P

Administrator
It will be interesting to see which machine is putting out more water in stock form.

My 1st generation HOSS has been fudged with to increase flow by increasing the "Flow Disc" hole size. I would assume it puts out more than the XL (even though I have not installed the full set of long spray bars yet,I'll do it Sunday) So I'm a bit surprise at how much quicker it recovers the watert than the XL does.

What with the new black shaped glides that we feel clean deeper and faster the two machines are near identical in effect and control except the HOSS needs far less dry passes.

I can't wait to see what Interlink has come up with.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
It will be interesting to see which machine is putting out more water in stock form.

My 1st generation HOSS has been fudged with to increase flow by increasing the "Flow Disc" hole size. I would assume it puts out more than the XL (even though I have not installed the full set of long spray bars yet,I'll do it Sunday) So I'm a bit surprise at how much quicker it recovers the watert than the XL does.

What with the new black shaped glides that we feel clean deeper and faster the two machines are near identical in effect and control except the HOSS needs far less dry passes.

I can't wait to see what Interlink has come up with.

Hoss has five vs four glides on the RV. Might 'splain better drying with bigger suck machines.

Mike Draper

I'd like to put my long spray bars on, but I also need longer bars from the center. As each size spray bar also has an bar that is made to a certain length for it. Apparently no distributors can get them, and calling the company multiple times go me nowehere. Just got the run around is all. They've been sitting in my truck since spring time. On a positive note, I just cleaned about 18,700 sq. ft of carpet in apartments with it last week. Its a great tool and a money maker. Cleaned carpet like a champ.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Knowing my tendencies and limitations, the tool I will get is the one that needs the least amount of maintenance and has the least that goes wrong with.

That's the feedback from people who owned both that I will appreciate. A little dryer after claning- nice. Easier to take out of van and get into the second or third floor- very nice.
Less maintenance and breakage- most important for this mechanically challenged individual.

So, which is it?

Reactions: FB7777 and hogjowl

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I'd like to put my long spray bars on, but I also need longer bars from the center. As each size spray bar also has an bar that is made to a certain length for it. Apparently no distributors can get them, and calling the company multiple times go me nowehere. Just got the run around is all. They've been sitting in my truck since spring time. On a positive note, I just cleaned about 18,700 sq. ft of carpet in apartments with it last week. Its a great tool and a money maker. Cleaned carpet like a champ.

Get on down to your local steel supply for some SS tube or auto parts store for some brake line. Thread it and there you go.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I believe it is called a high flow kit.....comes with the staggered long bars and a needle valve....

PC220821copy_zpse6be4542.jpg

Get on down to your local steel supply for some SS tube or auto parts store for some brake line. Thread it and there you go.

Brake line will rust.................it is steal......

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Shit, I guess ill be selling the XL I just bought, because my modded Hoss was the slloooooowwwwwest RE I had EVER used...

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim and I were wondering if the RV shoes need channels or holes to increase airflow and break the seal..

Somebody should bring a Makita and a grinding wheel to Vegas..

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
My Hoss was totally Jim Martin pimped, no flow disk, all long jets, Parker flow control valve... You had to move at a SNAILS pace to keep it from streaking.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Actually i thought about ordering another set of shoes, welding them closed, then drill 3/32 holes and some air channels into them... ala-chemdry rx shoes

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Had to be operator error....5 high flow bars...off set leading edge vacuum shoes...it is physically impossible not to go faster....

you are pushing 4 spray jets that have to fan out and vac shoes that plant themselves down into the carpet.........with no vac relief.......

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Equal only on your vortex. ..your comparing spray jets againest flow bars....and vacuum shoes that allow the air to move against ones that plant themselves. ..kinda like a glided vs a unguided wand....

Hoss is going to give you a better flush and dryer carpet....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom