The inconvenient OO question..

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I plan on hitting my dad up for a loan if calamity strikes. I have been meaning to get disability insurance. Think I'll look into it. We have very little debt so my wife could get a job to cover the bills. Right now she subs once or twice a month at a school, but she could go back to work at the hospital where she used to work.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
How will you earn an income producing a low budget animation or comick book?
Have no idea.. keep in mind that i have been working on this for long time and would like to see this go out. Even if i dont make anything off it, that okay. I did something that i enjoyed. Who knows with enough patience and contents, my bro and i will get enough following to make money. So how much i would make...? Maybe none, maybe a lot.

Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

It's a great question ... One that should be asked looong before the event occurs.

Grew up in a household short on cash. When I started , first thing my folks worried about was " what if you get sick or hurt?"

If it happens , I'll just catch up on Netflix and play guitar

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
We helped a guy out last year, the only other decent O/O in our town broke his leg in a ski accident. I would hope he’d return the favor, but a couple of our employees might do okay without Scott. We will test this when he has carpal tunnel surgery.

If Scott dies, the liquidation of the business assets will be in Jim Pemberton’s capable hands. I don’t know anyone I would want to sell the business as a whole to because they’d have to live up to Scott’s standards and if the business couldn’t continue with the same drive and passion and attitude, I’d rather it fold. Jim will come up, help me inventory the garage, and set up a big sale for you suckers :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We helped a guy out last year, the only other decent O/O in our town broke his leg in a ski accident. I would hope he’d return the favor, but a couple of our employees might do okay without Scott. We will test this when he has carpal tunnel surgery.

If Scott dies, the liquidation of the business assets will be in Jim Pemberton’s capable hands. I don’t know anyone I would want to sell the business as a whole to because they’d have to live up to Scott’s standards and if the business couldn’t continue with the same drive and passion and attitude, I’d rather it fold. Jim will come up, help me inventory the garage, and set up a big sale for you suckers :)
:eekk:

:winky:

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
So, how much life insurance do you have on him?
Whatever he has on himself. I didn’t have any input on that. I don’t want him to die. But we all need to be prepared, don’t we? No one’s tomorrows are promised. He keeps saying the arsenic I put in his food will catch up to him eventually...

If he dies, what am I going to do with a garage full of carpet cleaning equipment? As of today, there’s no second truck guy who’s trusted to run a truck 100% on his/her own, so keeping the business going without Scott wouldn’t be feasible. I’m not planning, just participating in the thread.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Whatever he has on himself. I didn’t have any input on that. I don’t want him to die. But we all need to be prepared, don’t we? No one’s tomorrows are promised. He keeps saying the arsenic I put in his food will catch up to him eventually...

If he dies, what am I going to do with a garage full of carpet cleaning equipment? As of today, there’s no second truck guy who’s trusted to run a truck 100% on his/her own, so keeping the business going without Scott wouldn’t be feasible. I’m not planning, just participating in the thread.
I was close. :shifty:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
O/O of if you have a JOB more or less the same.

Heard today where 60% of the population has less than $500 dollars in the bank.

Would fall behind, but survive a broken leg.

Death or long-term disability, another story.

Other than bills, the only debt I have is a $309.00 a month car payment. No mortgage.

Ya that death ones a deal breaker.

My wife does alright if it’s not suicide.

Reactions: darcie smith

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I have enough insurance for darcie to bury me and pay off the house. Biz only has chevy van as a debt. Everything else is paid off. We have rentals that pay the house payment.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Umm, yeah. Tell me about it.
It’s smarter to have plans. I don’t know how many of you have lost someone extremely close to you, but grief is an ugly thing. It comes in waves, good days, bad days, good minutes, bad minutes. The person left behind has a ton of things to deal with and decisions to make at a time when they may not even be able to get out of bed or remember they have to put the sock on before the shoe.

The best thing you can do for your other half (or your kids or whoever) is have a plan for what happens if something happens to you. Plan for the mortgage, the business, where the kids will live if you both die, who gets Grandma’s oriental rug. If these decisions are mutually agreed upon before anything happens to you, you give that person the best gift-peace of mind so they can grieve you without having to make huge, life-altering decisions alone.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My wife would be ok with just phil working carpets only, drop the tile and upholstery.

Hopefully I can pay everything off that alway helps.

The suck thing is I just bought a new van when my other one was paid for.

<<<<<idiot!

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My wife would be ok with just phil working carpets only, drop the tile and upholstery.

Hopefully I can pay everything off that alway helps.

The suck thing is I just bought a new van when my other one was paid for.

<<<<<idiot!
If buying a new van makes you an idiot, then I’m the king of idiots. I have a van payment, tm payment, and new car payment. $2,200 a month worth of idiot.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and SamIam

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Swamp cooler is deactivated and winterized.. i rather get and good ol fashioned A-Team Van and a 370. Id say the payments will be far less than your Californian lifestyle?:winky:

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom