The inconvenient OO question..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Guys you need to read your policies. After you are vested, usually 2 years, any death is covered and yes suicide. If a spouse murders the other it is still paid out to the other beneficiary(s) what will keep the policy from being paid out is if you lied in the "interview" didn't disclose heath issues or habits, such as skydiving or past drug addictions. I had to write my life story and it was reviewed by 3 levels of management before they granted us the 20 year term policy on me. It is expensive being that I was an active skydiver and a recovering addict. I was thinking about trying to get my policy lowered since I am done skydiving because if my health but that might actually make it go up how bad I have deteriorated so we haven't asked. Now don't go out and off yourself to prove me wrong, or right. Money cannot fix what yiu family goes through after a suicide. I don't know if lora is ever going to be ok again. ☹️

Name
Lee Stockwell
I carried 400k life insurance when the kids were little, 15yr level term. It was cheap when I was 35.

Looked recently and you'd think they expect me to drop any minute from their rates. I'll just keep saving and working a few more years.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and SamIam

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I have a life insurance policy that has a quality of life benefit. It allows you to receive a 1-time payout where it can be used for critical illness or even longer life expectancy to supplement retirement income if needed. Let's say you have a 300k policy and you had to have a 90k surgery/hospital stay and needed money to float your bills for 6 months. They give you the 90k, you still keep paying your premium but in the event of your death the pay out benefit would be 210k. Right now I have 150k policy and only pay 43 a month. That was the most they could do without having to have a physical.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Shut up now my wife can kill me!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have a life insurance policy that has a quality of life benefit. It allows you to receive a 1-time payout where it can be used for critical illness or even longer life expectancy to supplement retirement income if needed. Let's say you have a 300k policy and you had to have a 90k surgery/hospital stay and needed money to float your bills for 6 months. They give you the 90k, you still keep paying your premium but in the event of your death the pay out benefit would be 210k. Right now I have 150k policy and only pay 43 a month. That was the most they could do without having to have a physical.

I have a 400k policy 20 year term.

I think I’ll be 60 plus when it’s over.

House should be paid off by the time I’m 65 Ira over 500k sell the house move to Costa Rica baby!

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
hopefully not cartoons...

If thing do get serious where i cannot work physically demanding job then i would definitely try again in the tech side. I can sling codes and develop websites using different framework if needed. I can develop softwares and games. Android and Ios app dev. Heck i can do little machine intelligence with R Lang and do data analysis with Octave.

Name
Scott Turknett
Have you taken the SFS course?

Ok. Serious time.

A few times I’ve been down for the count and thought I was going out of business. When I had pneumonia and couldn’t get off the floor of a carpet I was stretching, When my Amtex kept breaking down, then when I cracked my pre-heat exchanger on my SS870. All very scary times for me.

Now that I have my Amtex back and all fixed up and installed in my other van, I’ve decided to keep it as my backup rig. This year I’m planning on growing my commercial production and hire a couple of heads of cattle and teach them the ropes. Mentally for me this is a huge barrier but I’m forcing myself through it.

I’ve been going door to door to large commercial business and so far the response has been positive. Been asked to write a couple of estimates. As soon as I lock in one biggie, I’ll put out the feelers for a helper. It’s my goal to build something scalable and keep the quality up. Fingers crossed.

Name
Matt Ross
I try to live within my means. Avoid unnecessary debt. That is difficult in our society but it is possible. We buy used vehicles and pay them off quickly. We bought a house with a mother in law suite that family lives in. Either of us could pay the mortgage. Doing janitorial and having sub contractors means that even if I don't work we still make sufficient income. If I couldn't work we would only lose 20 percent or less income.
The question does make me think twice about snowboarding in the winter.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom