The Judson Killer

Mikey P

Administrator
47a7e9dc.jpg

For the start-up business on a limited budget, or the portables-based operation looking to increase production and revenue, nothing beats the Rage from Sapphire.

Built with high quality no-compromise components, the Rage delivers superior heat and state-of-the-art engineering in an affordable package. Click here for all the details.
The Rage Advantage:

Easy to operate
Value-priced superior engineering
Super-narrow profile - only 16 in. wide! - almost half the width of the nearest competitor
Protected by Sapphire's two year warranty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rage Truckmount
The Rage is protected under Sapphire Scientific's exclusive two year warranty. Click for details.

Your purchase includes the following standard equipment:
· Carpet cleaning wand
· Two 50 ft. sections of 2 in. vacuum hose
· Two 50 ft. sections of ¼ in. high pressure hose
· One 50 ft. section of water inlet hose
· Installation kit
· Instruction manual

Specifications

Model #72-170
18 HP air-cooled Briggs & Stratton Vanguard
250 CFM dual lobe positive displacement blower
General HTX3S solution pump delivers 3.5 GPM at 1000 PSI
Aluminum fin and copper tube heat exchanger
90 gal. waste tank
Single 2 in. vacuum port

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions? Call your Sapphire dealer or call 800-932-3030.

Sapphire Scientific

Email: marcian@legendbrands.net
Toll-free phone: 800-932-3030
Sapphire Scientific is a Legend Brands company.

Mikey P

Administrator
Any idea on the price?

Now is the time to have a complete >10 grand package, regardless of component longevity/quality..

The Nellos mentality is alive and well in Flyoverville.

Todd Anthony

I just wonder if these small gas powered TM'S have more power then a Savage or Nordic1. 250 CFM? The Mytee m5 is 230 isn't it?

TimP

I got the e-mail about them too.

I wonder why Sapphire don't post MSRP on their machines. It's hard to believe the performance of this machine will be spectacular being it's an 18 horse with low cfm. But probably a decent upgrade for porty guys, and that's who it seems it's marketed to.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
would you rather have a machine that's working 100% when it's cleaning..OR a machine that is idleing and using 10% of it's potential....
which will last longer?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The unit is intended primarily as an entry level unit (low price, single wand only, medium performance).

I would hate Mikey's introduction to cause people to have expectations that would cause disappointment that the unit is incapable of matching something much larger.

It is however filling a new niche insofar a sa machine with 3L class blower performance at a pretty reasonable price point. I understand the MSRP to be at $10,995.00

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Judson products have a well established place in the marketplace, and this would not be the machine I'd use to compete with Les' offerings.

You do know how to make a compelling headline though, Mike.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks like a nice little unit, will it be able to do flood extraction too?

I like the size of the footprint, not bad investment for a start up or for someone buying multiple units.

Many years ago we had a pair of Hydramaster Bobcat's, small little units but they cleaned well for a single wand machine. I can see this machine being similar but even better due to improved technology since the 80's.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
No clutch for water extraction.

Its really positioned for guys who need to get away from carrying portables around, or someone that just needs a back up truck mount to do some residential and light commercial work.

Name
I'm Rick James
Wonder if Judson is going to answer the call for these small foot print machines that hoover around ten grand. I think Cobb is leading the race with the 2045

F

FB7777

both the Rage and 270 SS have 90 gallon waste tanks, small footprints, same pump and 18hp air cooled engines

WHy not call it The Fugitive

its looks like Sapphire is taking a play out of HydraMaster's Playbook and will be constantly changing the names of their units :mrgreen:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A lot different Fred.

Thanks for the heads up though. That type of perception could be a problem.

I'll make sure I watch how my salespeople present it.

F

FB7777

Can you explain how different a temp control system can be on these 2 units Shawn?

Are you referring to more HX like blower exhaust to get hotter?

After-all a unit this small is not going to get very hot, why would you need to 'control the heat'?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Fred,

The 270SS uses the SS/Sapphire style of exhaust diverter, pump clutch and a electronic thermostatic control. The Rage appears to have a simpler manual water bypass instead of the exhaust divert system and no pump clutch. Obviously there had to be some differences to explain the radical price difference between a Rage and a 270SS. The trade-off is that you would probably want to opt for the 370SS over the Rage if you were a Water Damage restorer.

From a Distributor point of view, the Rage makes for a lot more differentiation from the 370SS than the 270SS did from the 370SS.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I don't know about the truckmounts, but for such a new company they sure are launching a whole lot of truckmounts that are only slightly different from one another.

The Rage, the 270SS, the 370SS, the 454SS, the 570, the 2500 HS, and of course the tagalone bluelines the Thermal Wave, Thermalwave HP and their super water sucker.

Just seems like a lot of products to introduce in only a few years. They really don't have time proven reliability on their side yet, and now they are confusing the consumer with new models.. Maybe its just me, but my head is spinning with all of the "new toys"

In today's market I would think that most truck mount manufactures could cover the broad range of customers need with three truck mounts. An intro level for the single wand smaller company that needs the convenience of the truck mount but doesn't necessarily need alot of performance. A standard duty truck mount with increased performance for longer hose runs or higher flow with good heat and can still be used effectively for hard surface cleaning. And the high performance truck mount that gives you maximum versatility from ultra heat for grease pits, to true dual wanding capabilities to heat pressure washing capability.

They could save all of the money marketing the new truck mounts and invest it into increasing performance of their current models or make their manufacturing process more efficient so they can make their truck mounts more competitive price wise with out brining out a cheaper machine to satisfy the price shoppers in the industry.

Sorry just thinking out loud. :|

Ryan

Water bypass systems suck. Take from someone who has owned one for the last year and a half. On hot summer days it will fill up your waste tank quickly unless you crank the heat to 250 or so. Oh and upholstery will keep the bypass running constantly.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Ryan said:
Water bypass systems suck. Take from someone who has owned one for the last year and a half. On hot summer days it will fill up your waste tank quickly unless you crank the heat to 250 or so. Oh and upholstery will keep the bypass running constantly.

For some users it doesn't "suck". If you are strictly a single wand carpet cleaner that utilizes a fairly continuous cleaning style, then paying $2000-$4000 might happen to "suck" more :).

But for your considerations and desires, a 270SS would make more sense. That's all.

The reason to have variety is because there exists variety in your customers. Such is the case for the TM manufacturer too.

Ryan

I'm sure your right on this Shawn. And I'm sure SS makes a better bypass then steam action. I love my SA machine except for the water bypass and the way its plumbed.

But If you clean a lot of upholstery and buy a water bypass machine you had better have a portable to do the upholstery with... I'm just saying.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ryan said:
I'm sure your right on this Shawn. And I'm sure SS makes a better bypass then steam action. I love my SA machine except for the water bypass and the way its plumbed.

But If you clean a lot of upholstery and buy a water bypass machine you had better have a portable to do the upholstery with... I'm just saying.

Ryan
You can always..REMOVE the By-Pass hose & run it into your FrEShY tank.... :idea:

OR..You can remove it from the ...WASTE TANK...& run it into the lawn... !gotcha!

OR..You can set-up a "TEE"..off of your SOLUTION QD..@ the machine and run a
short "jumper hose"..& bleed off the ExCessIvE HeaT...with a "ball valve"..slightly
opened.... :!:

A $25.00..hEaT control System.... :lol:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4xwj7V-V46]

$11,000, which includes

The system itself
3 hose reels
150 ft. of Vacuum and Pressure hose
100 ft. of Water hose
10 gal. L.P. Belly Tank
1.5" double bend floor wand

Not shown on the video, but also included are:

AutoPilot ignitor for the LittleGiant
Panel mounted L.P. gauge, so you can tell at a glance how much is in your tank.

In my experience, a 36- sized blower (36, 3006, 3L) runs noticeably smoother with a 20 HP engine than with an 18. That's why I spec'd in a 20 for the Viper. The DSL blower is another nice touch, IMO.

Includes shipping or Installation, with a $600 limit on shipping. (Add $150 crate fee if shipped.)

Ryan

My bypass is officially hooked up to my water box. Thanks guys. I can't believe I never thought of that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom