The Kingdom Hall called

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When I was a young kid helping around the plant, I saw several cases where my overweight, middle aged father who wore a hernia brace outworked the "young bucks" he hired. They would go out acting cocky and a little condescending, and come back with deep respect for his strength and stamina.

They also didn't have a young family, and mortage, rent, and tax bills. I often wondered if that had something to do with it. No doubt it does with you Damon.

Young guys mistake youth and muscles for stamina, intelligent pacing, and sheer will power.

steve_64

You’re Canadian?
I use to tell a joke where the punchline is Mexicans are to lazy to steal hubcaps. Your comment made me think of that.

Had nothing to do with drugs. Everything to do with a poor sense of humor. But I'm still not canadien they won't even let me in.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Omg, it doesn’t have to be pushing a wand which you can understand. I do churches and vacuum under pews with backpacks of course. I get em that say, that hurts my back,
that make my neck hurt, that’s too heavy, on and on. Then you catch em with parlor pan and broom🤬

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The latest thing my new guy is telling me is that I should be investing in radio advertising. He seems to think it would blow up my business. I just smiled and nodded.

He also thinks I should advertise in the Nickel Shopper. We had a long heated discussion about the types of customers that attracts and why I don’t advertise there.

Reactions: Cleanworks
J

JS41035

I clean at least 4 KHs. I've never been asked to do it for free.What I choose to charge is private. Every time the chairs have been moved and the floor is vacuumed well. Maybe a few spills but very rare. It is almost always the absolute best case scenario production wise.
From the stand point of a professional carpet cleaner,I am thrilled to see any facility that mandates carpet cleaning as a regular maintenance item. It is budgeted for and seen as a necessity.
From the stand point of husband, If I were in your shoes, I would do it for my wife.
Not for free of course,but It would probably mean a lot to her that you did an amazing job for something that is important to her.

Name
Jeff T
I went in this morning to bid on my daughters school. The janitor has been using the same guy for 15 years. I asked about his process (knowing full well the lack of quality), and he said ‘yeah, he does a great job, it only takes 2-3 days to dry....
I asked if the guy vacuums, does spot treatment, agitated, post bonnets, or used air movers? He looks at me and said ‘this sounds expensive ‘.... when asked about the brownout that was still evident from the last August cleaning, he said it looks like that cause the carpet is old.....
I know what this cleaner was doing it for price wise....
The janitor then said ‘it takes him 13-14 hrs, over 2 days’....
He was doing it for 475$.....

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Paula's that is..

I guess the one Brother who cleans, and would do it for free, didn't impress last time.

I've worked for enough of them now for my reputation to have spread.

It's a 2500 SF building with mostly CGD. The old guy took 4 hours to not impress them.

I told her I would like to see it in person first before qouting but after hanging up I thought it would be a great opportunity to get a better window seat in hell by running my Trinity over it so I offered to do it for $200..

I see suppose I could have offered for free..

But I'm really not a big fan.......

Funny, “a better window seat in hell by running my Trinity”. :)

If I die for some unforeseen reason, I want to go to hell. If it was good enough for Jesus, it’s good enough for me. :) Acts 2:31 King James Version

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom