THE KISS OF DEATH

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I have always said, the further out you have to schedule the customer, the more chance ther is that they will cancel. They either find someone else to do it sooner or they find something else to spend the money on. Ideally I don't like to be booked more then 2 or 3 days out.

Walt

Right after the stock market tanked we had 2-3 of those a week. It was a little distressing at first. Not nearly as many now - maybe once a week.

We are very understanding but it's a drag when it's last minute.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have a guy who has changed the appointment 4 times on me so far. He hasn't called yet, and usually he gives me a days notice. I've busy enough with resto-work that it hasn't cost me any money. I am kinda tempted to call him and reschedule just to mess with him.

But I think Steve Toburen would fly out here and personally smack me if I started acting childish towards my customers.

If you required your customers pay a 50 dollar deposit at the time of booking their appointment with a credit card, I guarantee you they would not cancel. If I was booked out weeks at a time, I would definetely require a deposit.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Some people think the credit card thing is not right to do. But if you're a high end company why not. When you go to a high end hotel or restaurant, you hold a reservation with a credit card, same concept.

Rex Tyus

danielc said:
If you required your customers pay a 50 dollar deposit at the time of booking their appointment with a credit card, I guarantee you they would not cancel. If I was booked out weeks at a time, I would definetely require a deposit.

I guarantee you would not have to worry about the cancelation. The appointment would never get booked.
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Some people think the credit card thing is not right to do. But if you're a high end company why not. When you go to a high end hotel or restaurant, you hold a reservation with a credit card, same concept.

Only time I ever have to give a credit card to make a reservation is to guarentee LATE arrival. Anyone that would be willing to pay a deposit for a resturaunt or carpet cleaning is a twit.

Rex Tyus

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Considering Rex thinks Hooters is a high end restaurant I understand his comments.

Little Stevie, don't confuse "high end" with pretentious.

Hooters may not be "high end" but it is my kinda place. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom