The Kit

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Handy little unit there Bob, however, I prefer a closed in tool box... especially in homes with children, taht way, I get to leave with all my tools :roll:

I use a 22" plastic box and have a few of them for different purposes and they stack well in my van.

Currently, I'm exploring ideas for a better system, that'll carry most of what I need inside in the one trip. At the moment, I'm haing to do sometimes up to three trips for some repairs, just to bring all the gear in. Keep in mind I have to carry a transformer as well as my KG. That is a trip by itself, then I carry my main 22" toolbox. Then I'll also want my 'inspection kit'. This has my duckbill napping shears, stanley knives and blades, marking pens, awl, long nose pliers, white chalk, in addition to thermo hygrometer and Protimeter moisture meter for my WDR inspections.

I also like to have my camera... a DSLR Canon 10D with aux flash and 2 lenses.

That is max, and requires three trips.

I've been toying with the idea of a suitcase type sales case on wheels that I can either carry or wheel inside with everything bar the inspection kit and camera bag.

Maybe everyone can post some photos of their 'standard load out kit'.

Sunday night here, so I'll see if I get a chance to put up a few photos tomorrow.

I also freely acknowledge that I possibly need to re sort my main toolbox as I'm probably still carrying gear from the days when I would take on any sort of install or repair job to pay bills. I'm a bit more selective now, and find there's a number of tools I rarely use.

John

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
John, have a squiz at this...............

ShowImageaspx.jpg

It's available from Bunnings for about AUS$108.00

Made by Stanley & called the FATMAX Toolbox.

When you set it up, the base stays on the ground and the top two shelves cantilever backwards so that all three trays are accessible.

I'm picking one up this week just for my carpet gear.

Ooroo

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Only had a very brief look at the only one in the store last week (Delia was with me :cry: )

Will let you know.

Ooroo

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
No worries mate. It would concern me that I'd have to lift the shear weight of the total unit into and out of the van if it doesn't come apart into individual units.

I half wondered if the likes of this would hold up to the rigors of use for my repair gear.

Maybe a bit bulky, but you get the idea.

ATC32063sm.jpg

I do want something that is modular so I cna add or delete boxes and just take in what's needed.

Maybe I just organise my existing toolboxes and get a wee trolley unit.

John

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You bugger Harry :shock: :lol:

I bet you got that just up the road from where Steve did his course :wink:

It's on my itinerary to go there when I get to Minneapolis.

Ooroo

harryhides

Name
Tony
Yup, since I'll driving down to Minneapolis to help Steve with his class. I'll be able to drive you to that place as well as National Carpet.

But I will NOT drive you to Chicago !! :p

And that's because you insist on putting up those pictures of Cairns and the Great barrier Reef in the middle of my winter !

harryhides

Name
Tony
You horrid man !!

I'm pretty sure I saw a man eating croc in a lot of those pics....

One of things I like about that box is the handle and wheels - makes it easy to pull around once it's out of my car.

:evil:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I like to keep abreast of things.

My kit has many,many, (weird &) wonderful tools in it :wink:

Thang Kew,

:twisted: Shorty :twisted:

PS ::: :idea: Like John, I also prefer to keep all my tools, as well as my spotters, in an enclosed container rather than an open bag.

Ooroo :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom