The local chamber of commerce

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Who’s still an active member and does it help keep your business in the spotlight?

I was a member back in my first few years and I dropped out of it. I’m thinking about jumping back on the chamber bus since I’m well known in my community now.

Would it be a good move or waste of money?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Who’s still an active member and does it help keep your business in the spotlight?

I was a member back in my first few years and I dropped out of it. I’m thinking about jumping back on the chamber bus since I’m well known in my community now.

Would it be a good move or waste of money?
For our community (which is smaller) we support our chamber and we actually do get referral work from it. We also buy into their internet package they offer (advertising)

Again smaller community but we do have a well run chamber here

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Not a member of the chamber but have done several other networking groups.

Massive difference in results depending on how the groups are run.
I'd say smaller communities better results and it does get you to meet the decision makers instead of the gatekeepers.

Just don't expect to make a sale everytime or you'll be "that guy"

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
1986 was my last year, as useful as YP.
Before social media came, you're right. But I'm starting to see stuff on my Facebook page with the Chamber making several posts and giving awards to companies, which gets seen by thousands of people. That's what actually brought this question to mind. Is the Chamber the same chamber it was 15years ago or is it better.

That's why I dropped out of it 13 years ago. I was going to all the chamber meetings...I even partnered with the local Domino's pizza to host the meeting and it was the biggest waste of money back then. It seems different now though.

Mikey P

Administrator
How many members in the group?

Do this, go into Walmart or Costco and ask that same number of people if they are looking ( desperately) for a new carpet cleaner...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Before social media came, you're right. But I'm starting to see stuff on my Facebook page with the Chamber making several posts and giving awards to companies, which gets seen by thousands of people. That's what actually brought this question to mind. Is the Chamber the same chamber it was 15years ago or is it better.

That's why I dropped out of it 13 years ago. I was going to all the chamber meetings...I even partnered with the local Domino's pizza to host the meeting and it was the biggest waste of money back then. It seems different now though.
Then join
Idiot

Reactions: FB7777 and BIG WOOD

roro

Name
Ross Craig
We use it in our marketing as part of our presence as a legitimate company, to help set us apart from the Mom 'N Pop operators.
Pays for itself with the fuel discount we get, as well as trade discounts from other members.
roro

Back
Top Bottom