The magic of a round waste tank..

Mikey P

Administrator
Wondering why only Aerotech is the only company that sees the magic of a round tank.

To be honest even AT could do it better.
Use three 2" ports at 12, 3:30 and 8:30 and Y them into a 2 port manifold.
A convex bottom with a 3 inch drain makes a lint filter not needed ( strain the waste)

Make sure the three ports have internal pipes to help create the "vortex" that Yappy may or may not have created. Nice smooth linear air flow..

Sure they waste space but any VAT owner will tell you, its the heart and soul of those trucks.

Ramble over..

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I think it comes down to the ease of being made, to make a true round tank is harder than just cutting straight flat pieces and welding together.
To roll a thicker gauge ss is a bit of work. It is kinda like everything else....until the people demand it enough, then nothing will change.
I know Tim can make them but he has told me it is not cheap.
I also think they would make a better waste tank.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I think the round tank idea is really cool, I think it would give a good gain in airflow also, and waste tank clean out would be a breeze most soil would be out it the first gush of waste water

tubad sosad

Name
joe mama
mike three two inch ports only has an area of 9 sq. inches. a 56 or 59 blower is in/out at 4 inches each way which equals 12.5 sq. inches. a #6 blower is 5" in/out and that comes out to approx. 19 sq. inches.

if the blowers are run at 85% capacity then you want 85% of the maximum area to be available. So using a 56 or 59 blower needs about 10.5 sq. inches and a #6 blower needs about 16 sq. inches of area.

a two inch inlet has 3.14 sq. inches. a 2.5 inch port has approx. 5 sq. inches and a three inch port has approx. 7 sq. inches of area. So you can see that your AT is actually not breathing as well as it could. it needs three 2.5 inch ports to maximize the blower's full cfm. it probabley doesn't matter much because you roll out two 2.5 inch hoses all the time but if you were doing 400 to 500 foot hose runs then you would need three 2.5 inch hoses for 250 feet then reduce down to two 2.5 hoses the rest of the way.

Or you could run three 2.5 hoses to three zippers and just rip the job up in half the time.

Available lift is the magic number for water extraction from carpet. if the blower has 15" of lift but it takes 8 inches of restriction then when the wand is on the floor there is only 7" of lift being used. if the restriction is knocked down to five inches then 10" is being used...a gain of 40 percent. Physics plays a very big role in carpet cleaning.

and Vlad at AT says that a round tank gains about 15% cfm over a square tank in his opinion. but a round tank takes up more room. Butler should modernize and use a small round tank with Pumpout since their layout takes up so much room anyways. AT was smart not to try to fit everything in a van.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I doubt at the end of the tool it would matter at all. I'd rather have the space. with everything the same switching to a rectangular tank wouldn't be noticed without a gauge

Gene

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
I doubt at the end of the tool it would matter at all. I'd rather have the space. with everything the same switching to a rectangular tank wouldn't be noticed without a gauge

Gene
Oh it matters Gene..

My Vortex which is set up as I discribed out sucks my two port tank AT noticeably when dualing or over 300 feet

Single 150' runs...not so much.

Name
Lee Stockwell
When we were building ETMs 15 years ago we found the cylindrical tanks actually allowed MORE access to things around them than the rectangular tanks..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Space is always at a premium even in a box truck. We rarely dual, generally send multiple trucks when the job is larger. Larger waste tanks would be of more value than one that has a large footprint and doesn't utilize all the space.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Wondering why only Aerotech is the only company that sees the magic of a round tank.

Well, perhaps not the only one...

NEWVTECHNOTANK001.jpg

http://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/index.php?threads/something-new-again-technoviking-v-tank.250916/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom