THE MARKETING GURU'S WEB SITES

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Your just jealous

do a search for “how to make millions” pages & pages of willing gurus pop up all basically the same

http://www.realestatewealth101.info/
http://www.duncanwierman.com/
http://www.overnight-millionaire.com/
http://www.thesystemseminar.com/
http://www.howyoumakemillions.com/

Here’s one for plumbers
http://www.qualityplumber.com/salesLetter.php

and landscapers
http://www.greenindustrysuccess.com/system/order.htm

and dentists
http://www.dentistprofits.com/

and chiropractors
http://chiropracticmarketing.com/

and Lawyer….something ironic about this one..LOL
http://www.lawyermarketingpodcast.com/

Greg Loe

They all copy one another. But I think Dan Kennedy may be the first. Not sure, does anyone know?

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I wonder who's smart enough to figure out why so many are using the emotional direct response template?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I wonder who’s smart enough to realize this is carpet cleaning and you don’t really need to use cheesy cookie cutter marketing to make money

Hey Ken Snow did you guys build your business with this marketing ?

Scott

Greg Loe said:
They all copy one another. But I think Dan Kennedy may be the first. Not sure, does anyone know?

I've seen emotional response ads from the early 1900's in America. Crest toothpaste is one. Lemme see if I can dig up the site.

Fred Homan

S-H-Y-S-T-E-R-S?? :shock: They get people spinning and the people are willing to give their 401K to them. :shock:

Name
Bill Soukoreff
What's with the all BIG FONTS on those websites?

After looking at those web pages, who can disagree with the fact that they prey on DUMB people?

ALL you need is to read one of the E-myth variations, use some common sense and go make some money.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Dumb people are the ones that need the help most, eh? A college business course or work with your local small business administration might be more helpful, but most in this industry are accustomed to becoming cleaning experts in two days, so why should they spend more time becoming a marketing expert?

Cameron1

Yes, the nerve of some people. Hell, I bet the next scam will be electric truckmounts or some kind of national training center for idiots.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
"..most in this industry are accustomed to becoming cleaning experts in two days, so why should they spend more time becoming a marketing expert?"

I'll be quoting you on that one for years to come Brian.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Jim, You catch me when I'm being an ass trying to be funny and then I have to explain. :oops:

The short, or sarcastic, answer is not complete. I'm not sure any of us should even take the time to try and become a marketing expert. There are people in every municipality that understand the local market and have the contacts to put you in touch with the best people to get your message across.

There is something to be gained from marketing guys, and most are selling compacted, directed information with the idea that someone will pay for time saved. There may be a value to the ideas presented or the re-packaging of ideas to get points across more easily. Self-promotion is a necessary part of the game and exaggerating accomplishments and forgetting mistakes is common for successful sales professional. (We can still make fun of them though.)

Many companies reach a point where they can afford to work with a professional mentor, but for most guys in the cleaning biz the choice is between SBA and college courses that are time consuming but inexpensive and quick-hitting courses that may provide the half-step boost to stay in buisness.

Bryan Irvin

You would think with all the money these jackasses make, they would pay someone to make them some really kick ass websites, but they all look the same.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Save your money here is a Short course on emotional response advertising.

Emotions are one of the most powerful influences we have. Think back for a minute and try to think of anything that you've purchased where your emotions haven't played a major part in the decision process. We use our emotions to help visualize ourselves benefiting from the purchase of a particular product or service. When was the last time you bought something that there weren't any emotions attached to the purchase? I don't think you'll find even one instance!

So let's look at emotions from the marketers perspective. What's the main reason why we advertise? To get a response from prospective customers and produce a sale. Pretty basic stuff so far. But, think for a moment, do you use Emotional Response Marketing techniques in your advertising right now? If you're not, then you're losing possible sales and profits! The next time you see a television commercial, stop and look at it from an advertisers stand point. I think you'll begin to see what I'm talking about. These companies are paying millions of dollars for their advertising and are not just throwing this money down the drain, they're paying for advertising that works because it relates to their target markets by appealing to their emotions and helping them visualize themselves owning that particular product or service.

So, in order to achieve our primary goal, to get a response from prospective customers and produce a sale, when we advertise, we need to...

"Produce A Buying Desire Through The Prospect's Emotions"

Throughout your entire advertising your underlying goal is to produce a buying desire through the prospect's emotions. Every one of your prospects have one thing in common: "They're all human beings!" There are many other tools and techniques will help you in achieving this goal, however, to produce this desire, you'll need to make an emotional contact with our prospect.

If you forget everything else, remember this:
"The Buying Decision Is ALWAYS Based On An Emotional Response!"

This is so very important and the number one reason why so many advertisements and sales letters fail in producing results. It's a proven fact the human beings make buying decisions on an emotional basis. After the buying decision is made, we begin the process of using the analytical part of our brain to reassure ourselves we made the right choice, but the fact still remains, "We all make emotional buying decisions!"

When was the last time you made a purchase that you didn't have an emotional state involved in the decision process? You haven't! Sure, you might think back and remember the reasons why you made the purchase, but that's your analytical mind working to make sure you feel good about the buying decision. But the simple fact remains, we all make buying decisions based on our emotional needs and wants.

Why did you buy the particular house your living in or car you're currently driving? A house is a house as it provides shelter. The same holds true for your car, its purpose is to provide transportation. Now you can get the very same shelter when you buy a house for $50,000 or $100,000, or you can get the very same transportation need filled if you purchase a car for $15,000 or $30,000. So why would you spend twice as much to buy a particular house or car when the lower priced version would fill the need? You can bet it's because of the emotional benefits you receive when you buy the $100,000 house or the $30,000 car! Advertisers know this and that's why the luxury business is booming, it appeals to your emotions!

I think an example is in order about now. So let's look at buying groceries, a very common practice that we all do at one point or another, and I'm sure you wouldn't believe your emotions are being used to do this. Well you just might want to think again....

You're in the supermarket buying groceries. When you select a certain food to purchase, what exactly are you thinking about? I'll bet you're saying that you selected the particular food because you like it, right? Well why do you like it? You like it because it produces emotions. When you select the food, you're probably thinking about how good that food tastes and maybe you're even remembering the last time you ate this particular food, along with the emotions that were attached to eating it. Now you might not be thinking about this consciously, but you can be sure your subconscious mind is! Haven't you ever said, "I love this food!"? That's a pretty strong statement based on pure emotion. You see, even subconsciously, we're always making buying decisions based on emotions.

So with that in mind, you need to make your advertisements and sales letters produce those very emotions in order to get your prospect to make a buying decision. Knowing this is only part of the equation, now let's get to the hard part: How do we do this in an advertisement and sales letter?

Putting Emotions In Your Advertisements:

Emotions are brought to the surface by taking the benefits of your product or service and relating each one of them to a particular emotion. If you can do this in your advertisements and sales letters, your sales will skyrocket! Since every product or service fills a particular need, you'll have to find the benefits and emotions of ownership for yours. Here's a simple, three step process to help you define the benefits and emotions for your product or service:

1. List The Benefits Of Your Product Or Service
You want to be able to make a list of the benefits your particular product or service has to offer your target market. This should have already been done when you were doing your market research on your product or service. But if you didn't, take ample time here to know just what benefits your product or service is going to provide your prospective customers.

2. Take Each Benefit And Match The Emotions It Creates
Now take each benefit and match up the emotions that your potential customers are going to experience when they purchase your product or service. Remember not all of the emotions are going to be positive ones. You want to focus on the positive emotions as they are much more powerful. Everyone wants to feel good so I recommend keeping your advertisements and sales letters positive. However, it doesn't hurt to sometimes throw in a negative benefit/emotion to help you get action out of your prospect.

3. Create Exciting Words And Phrases To Relate These Emotions
You want to create phrases and wording in your advertisements and sales letters that will bring out the emotions attached to the benefits in your prospects mind as they're reading your advertisements and sales letters. Remember you're tying to get on a personal basis with your prospect so don't forget to TALK WITH THEM & NOT AT THEM. Think as if you're sitting with your prospect and talking to them when writing your advertisements and sales letters so you'll be able to relate to them on a one to one basis. Use you and your, instead of me, or I in your advertisements and sales letters.

By focusing your efforts in writing your advertisements and sales letters that will get in touch with your target markets emotions, you'll begin to see immediate results in your advertisement's response rates and your sales letters closing ratios. Emotional Response Marketing really works.

What's wrong with the large type on my marketing web site?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Responses I was thinking while reading Dave's post

1 Thanks Dave that was awesome

2 I think I use the emotion thing while advertising

3 Is this why that dude named his company "Happy Carpet Cleaning"?

4 I think I will use the afraid emotion and send death threats to all my potential clients

5 once again awesome post really, I can use alot of what was said but I can't resist the smart ass emotion either.

:mrgreen:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Brian

You needn't have explained yourself. Its normal for any of us to look for "quick fixes" in everything from cleaning technology to marketing ideas. But you made what I still consider to be a terrific point:

You cannot learn all needed cleaning skills in two or three days (yes I remember that I teach such classes for a living!)

You also can't learn how to successfully market your service without investing time and money beyond simply purchasing a packaged program.

Classes and marketing programs surely help, but completing or purchasing either are not enough. They are only a beginning.

So I won't use your name if you don't want me to, but its good advice that even "us trainers" and "those marketing gurus" have to accept.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Almost all marketing programs can help build a business.

You can spend thousands on them or you can get most or the same information free or a low cost from your local library or book store.

The trouble is that well over 80 % of marketing packages and great ideas are never implemented and just collect dust.

So ,

1.dust off that shelf of marketing you already have and or go to your nearest book store or library.

2. Make an action plan with time table and firm dates of how you will put some of the ideas to use.( Just do a few a month or at least 1)

3. Follow the action plan and make it happen.(get off your ass!)

Almost any marketing used consistently will bring more results than wishful thinking and plans in the, "I'm going to, when I get around to it" list.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Dave,

I agree totally that you can learn a tremendous amount from the library or Barnes & Noble. Unfortunately according to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll 82% of our population read 1 book or less annually.

Maybe someone will place a poll on MB asking how many business books everyone read last year. (maybe Tony)

By the way not liking to read is no excuse. Most of the better books are on audio and we spend a lot of time driving.

Dave Yoakum said:
Almost all marketing programs can help build a business.

You can spend thousands on them or you can get most or the same information free or a low cost from your local library or book store.

The trouble is that well over 80 % of marketing packages and great ideas are never implemented and just collect dust.

So ,

1.dust off that shelf of marketing you already have and or go to your nearest book store or library.

2. Make an action plan with time table and firm dates of how you will put some of the ideas to use.( Just do a few a month or at least 1)

3. Follow the action plan and make it happen.(get off your ass!)

Almost any marketing used consistently will bring more results than wishful thinking and plans in the, "I'm going to, when I get around to it" list.

DevilDog

Ya, dumb people are born everyday. I mean, really, look at the carpet cleaning profession. You have guys claiming to be good cleaners that actually believe in using Castrol Superclean to clean carpets. WTF.

DevilDog

Name
Bill Soukoreff
DevilDog said:
Ya, dumb people are born everyday. I mean, really, look at the carpet cleaning profession. You have guys claiming to be good cleaners that actually believe in using Castrol Superclean to clean carpets. WTF.

DevilDog

And what about the laundry soap guys running around charging 10 cents/sq/ft for residential. And we wonder why the mills are backing the CRI? Our professional reputation as Carpet Cleaners as a whole is pretty bad.

One book a month is a good goal. We have the responsibility to educate our customers and change the profession. No one else can do that for us.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Jim, Sound bite sarcasm can be pretty effective for making a point. I'm sure you'll use it well.

Bill, I'm a pretty good reader but find many marketing/management books to be so full of fluff that they become stupifyingly boring. I'll have to get the extra caffiene juice before trying one on tape. The explanation of all of the charts in "Good to Great" on tape would make me drive into a ditch to make it stop. :p

PS: Here's a guru website I can recommend: http://www.90minutemarketing.com

Name
Bill Soukoreff
That's true Brian, I confess, I usually skim allot and just take the away the good stuff. About a 1/4 of a book is practical and the rest as you say is fluff and/or building their own ego.

Back
Top Bottom