The Mikeysfest El diablo demo, or a new Saphire?

Ryan

Joey suppliers either lie or are just dumb for the most part.

When you go to buy a machine ask what model of blower it has and ask what speed it is being turned, then go to the blower manufactures website and look at their chart showing the CFM it pulls at that speed. Don't fall for the used car salesman talk.

It really used to chap my hide on *** when everyone kept saying that the El Diablo and Judson C4 were equal in performance. The C4 has almost TWICE as much air flow.

Scott Rogers

Research a bit more Joey. quite a few complaints about the ElDiablo on other carpet cleaning boards.

I would seriously consider a Judson or sticking with another TCS unit. With these simple units you will not be at the mercy of a supplier to try and get you up and going again. They are more reliable, easy to fix and maintain. And will perform as well or better then the Eldiablo or 370

Posted: 27/January/2008 at 11:16pm
I have a masterblend el diablo tm. It has had lot of things go wrong since i got it. It was not aligned up right motor to blower it blew out the rubber coupler. It has been thru thermostats. I have been thru 5 power inverter's it keeps overheating now they want me to cut wires on the inside of the inverter to bypass the heat sensors but now they offer some kind of generator instead of the inverter but i was not offered that. I have had gas shooting out the top of he carb. The vac gauge keeps getting sprung but they are going to send me one when they get a new vendor. I had to replace the electronics on the heat system. Most of the connections were loose and leaking. The man i got it from has been great, Don at the cleaners solution. My machine has 240hrs right now all this started from day one. At about 170hrs my roots blower started leaking at the blower shaft seal and face plate. I noticed the bolts were backed out on the face plate i was able to tighten them up by my fingers. When i called about it i was told that there was a problem with the manufacturer not getting all the bolts tight. My guy Don said he has another one doing the same as mine he changed seals twice on one machine and it is still leaking. So i call masterblend they told me i had to go to roots 3 hours away and i had to take it out of machine. I called roots in Houston Texas and asked about it ad the man i spoke to told me that if it was leaking already that it was ran improper so it probably would not be covered. When i bought this machine i bought a masterblend not a roots i feel masterblend should cover this with a new blower sent to me or the place i bought it from. I wish i would have got a machine from a company that stands behind there products i will not be getting another el diablo. I just wanted to share this with everyone in case you were thinking about getting one.

Thank you
Chuck Riley

treysiebert3 : 25/February/2010 at 4:52pm

I just bought an El Diablo here in san antonio nothing but problems from day 1. Support to fix the machine is awful.

EricaBens Posted: 19/July/2010 at 10:42am
We also had a masterblend el diablo tm, bought it for our Seattle house cleaning
and soon we had problems with that.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Daniel, Like I have said before. I am asking for everyones opinion........ Thats what this forum is for.. If I spoke with you about something private....... then its private... I may have recently got a new TM, But I am looking for a TM for this location... Anyways....... I am a very indecisive person.. I make very educated and researched purchases.. If I spoke with you in private and then asked you to keep it private you should have right? But your not. So thats the end of this discussion back to the topic..........

Able 1

Name
Keith
joeynbgky said:
Daniel, Like I have said before. I am asking for everyones opinion........ Thats what this forum is for.. If I spoke with you about something private....... then its private... I may have recently got a new TM, But I am looking for a TM for this location... Anyways....... I am a very indecisive person.. I make very educated and researched purchases.. If I spoke with you in private and then asked you to keep it private you should have right? But your not. So thats the end of this discussion back to the topic..........

LOL

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
It could also be that the local shop prefers working on those machines over the judson since the judson has a reputation of being almost indestructible....aka no $ for fixing the machine @ their shop. :mrgreen:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
They like Judson, i just feel obligated to buy from them.. But thats just me...... when a disty, fixes small problems for free when you buy chems, or you have a break down they fix it right then.. That is why.. But they are slow getting my quotes together. its been 2 days. heard from them twice. they asked questions and said they would call back today and didnt.. so we will see

Name
Jesse
Considering creating opportunities to require repairs from your distributor shows you like them alot. Do you buy used vehicles to support your local mechanic or have you not found one you like that much yet? :mrgreen:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
lol............ umm i bought aa 1997 saturn from my mechanic 6 months ago. and gave it to my sister. i also gavemy mechanic for 200 bucks my old dodge capet van.. for trade , im a sucker

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Out Of Character said:
Considering creating opportunities to require repairs from your distributor shows you like them alot. Do you buy used vehicles to support your local mechanic or have you not found one you like that much yet? :mrgreen:

:lol:

woodsey

Get the Judson and you can stop your worries about a machine and concentrate on YOUR business instead of the suppliers business. Woodsey , Been there done that.

BillC

joeynbgky said:
They like Judson, i just feel obligated to buy from them.. But thats just me...... when a disty, fixes small problems for free when you buy chems, or you have a break down they fix it right then.. That is why.. But they are slow getting my quotes together. its been 2 days. heard from them twice. they asked questions and said they would call back today and didnt.. so we will see
Hey Joey, just out of curiousity what distributor do you buy from?

CarpetKING

Joey you asked me if l had a auto pump out - l do not. The only drawback l have found IS the small waste tank on the Diablo. But it is a relatively small machine with a small footprint. The small recovery tank is a small price to pay for the performance and reliability of the El Diablo. Wouldn't trade mine for anything - and l've used/demoed several different machines. l know what you mean about pissing off your local distributor by buying a unit they don't sell. Do what feels right and what you can get the best bang for the buck. I paid 11k for my Diablo - it was a demo with 42 hrs (came with about 3-4k of accessories) - it has the Honda - l would prefer the Kohler - although haven't really had any problems with the Honda 24hp.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I buy from the cleaners depot in Nashville.. They are great.. But its thursday. I still dont have a complete price yet. He will call and give me a price, and ill ask questions and he says ill call you right back.. i talked to them on Monday.. Its thursday.. I am not sure why it is taking so long. I tried to buy from them before and this happened.. I thought it was just cause they were busy.. I drove to Atlanta and had one put in by TCS before i got the price from them... But the demo price on the eldiablo is $14,300 only 1700 buck cheaper than list. so with instalation and the machine the total is $16,900. doesnt include shelves or anything.. So I am a little upset about the pricing. Still they havnt gotten back tome today.. Thats the price before goodies.. it includes hoses and reels though. I guess no one does free installs any more if you buy from them. TCS did.. That price doesnt include the 8% sales tax

CarpetKING

Joey mine was bolted on a piece of plywood when l bought it - had it forklifted in the van - me and a buddy installed it in 4-5 hours...All you need is a good drill and some bolts/nuts - no sense in paying someone to do something you can easily do yourself unless you have the money to burn - if you do still do the install yourself and use the money you save to buy some new toys for your biz...

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
I buy from the cleaners depot in Nashville.. They are great.. But its thursday. I still dont have a complete price yet. He will call and give me a price, and ill ask questions and he says ill call you right back.. i talked to them on Monday.. Its thursday.. I am not sure why it is taking so long. I tried to buy from them before and this happened.. I thought it was just cause they were busy.. I drove to Atlanta and had one put in by TCS before i got the price from them... But the demo price on the eldiablo is $14,300 only 1700 buck cheaper than list. so with instalation and the machine the total is $16,900. doesnt include shelves or anything.. So I am a little upset about the pricing. Still they havnt gotten back tome today.. Thats the price before goodies.. it includes hoses and reels though. I guess no one does free installs any more if you buy from them. TCS did.. That price doesnt include the 8% sales tax

This is no different than cleaners that charge for Fuel, setup, etc because in reality bith the distribuyors & the cleaners are just juggling numbers in hopes of making the price seam cheaper. Some manufactures wont even warranty (or at least I was told this before) your equipment unless installed by a authorized distributor

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Joey I do agree with some of the guys here you shouldn't buy a Truck Mount based on a distributor since things & people do change with distributors. Now I am not under no certain terms telling you your local distributors are bad especially since I also purchase from both local distributors.

You should look for a machine that fits your companies image, needs, future plans etc. I personally know Less & he does have a good easy to work on machine IMO, I just prefer HE machines & everyone has different reasons for what they like that is why there are so many.

Now I know you are talking about loyalty but you also need to realize Chris Pond says he can work on anything out there pretty much so that alone isn't the only factor. Also If you want a particular Truck Mount what ever distributor you prefer may be able to get it as long (as it isn't a manufacture sold unit) if you talk with them although it may not be at the as good of a price as a unit they normally sell.

Also a good distributor will understand & want to work with you on your other business even if you don't purchase a TM from them. IMO if a distributor treats you bad because you don't buy everything from them they don't need your business.

I know when I started getting serious I also looked at my local distributors equipment that was available at the time but in the end I chose a Truck made half way across the country after weighing all factors out. Locals weren't happy this is for sure. But I still buy other stuff.

I have never once regretted my decision either although when I have a repair or service it hurts more than with my old Van. Example: 6 Michelin Tires a week or so ago $1592.00

Again I buy from both local distributors & definitely not telling you not to purchase from either one.

Good Luck on what ever you decide on.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks Billy.. I will just keep taking my time, and decide when I decide I guess. No hurry. Winter is coming up. But I would like to make a decision soon.

Billy

Name
BH
joeynbgky said:
Thanks Billy.. I will just keep taking my time, and decide when I decide I guess. No hurry. Winter is coming up. But I would like to make a decision soon.

I looked seriously for 2.5 yrs so IMO nothing wrong with taking your time on a bigger decision. Also the longer you take with a decision you will truly see who sticks with you & deserves your business. Aero Tech never once made me feel like they was tired of my questions or to come see them when I was serious like some did.

For now our future plans include more Aero Tech's for sure & if you wait long enough you may be able to buy mine with extremely low hrs :lol: :mrgreen:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
CarpetKING said:
Joey you asked me if l had a auto pump out - l do not. The only drawback l have found IS the small waste tank on the Diablo. But it is a relatively small machine with a small footprint. The small recovery tank is a small price to pay for the performance and reliability of the El Diablo. Wouldn't trade mine for anything - and l've used/demoed several different machines. l know what you mean about pissing off your local distributor by buying a unit they don't sell. Do what feels right and what you can get the best bang for the buck. I paid 11k for my Diablo - it was a demo with 42 hrs (came with about 3-4k of accessories) - it has the Honda - l would prefer the Kohler - although haven't really had any problems with the Honda 24hp.

:shock: Man thats a great deal!! Do you have the diesel burner? I was thinking about the EL diablo for my next machine either that or the new Steamway.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
El Diablo,

I would vote NO. It is a good machine for High Flow Single Wanding. IF you want to dual wand, stick to two AW29s period. I used one for 2 years (it was just picked up two days ago by its new owner). Great Vac and heat period. Accessing some areas of the machine, no so good. We had a Blueline APO and I would recommend one with such a small waste tank.

With what cucu had to say about the Saphire, I probably wouldn't want one.

If I were spending my money, I would have a Judson C4, period.

But, I am not the boss, yet and he has a thing against propane. So I have a Dynachem 2045. Its a good machine, but again, not my first choice.

Scott

Bob Foster

Loan-Shark.jpg

Billy

Name
BH
Bob Foster said:

I like that Bob :mrgreen:

Sorry Guys I said if he waits long enough, The BIG BEAR TRUCK wont be for sale for awhile I really need to put a few more hrs on it first so it will qualify as used LOL ROFL LOL ROFL

CarpetKING

everfresh1 said:
CarpetKING said:

:shock: Man thats a great deal!! Do you have the diesel burner? I was thinking about the EL diablo for my next machine either that or the new Steamway.

Yes its the Diesel - couldnt pay me to use a propane unit - pain in the ass imo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom