The mother of all saltillio jobs

Name
Ron lippold
This house is 30 years old. It had a distressed finish initally applied, plus 30 years of mop and glowor spick and span.
before..
IMAG0382.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

IMAG0384.jpg

during
IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0390.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

after
IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

This was 9 days of stripping 15 pails of stripper 2 cases of aresol stripper, blue, black, pads and nila grit brush. finished off with 120 grit screens. all the way down to mudd 15 gallons of finish platiunm of course. And a big pile of cash. Now we are booked two weeks out solid.. I love this business.

Attachments

• IMAG0404.jpg
    IMAG0404.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0404.jpg
    IMAG0404.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 106
Name
Ron lippold
I told them the walls where going to have to be painted they come in friday to paint the house, plus we moved no furniture they had it all done, Mikey this was not my first rodeo...

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
nice work.....did u use foam risers with the screens? curious because I've yet to use screens on saltillo.

Name
Ron lippold
for the screens, they were 120 grit and we used a green pad, no weight and a little water, they dont go to far.

S

sam miller

I'am supposed to est one tomorrow I'am guessing I might pass if its that much work. stripping rinsing stripping rinsing waxing would a hild 13 inch be of any help? and could I use a sx12 for rinsing?

S

sam miller

for 12 grand was or is there any thing that would stay on the wall to protect for splash?

Mikey P

Administrator
ron

correct me if I'm wrong but the tiles in the bottom left corner look like the still have parts of the original coating on them, yes?

IMAG0410.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
sam miller said:
for 12 grand was or is there any thing that would stay on the wall to protect for splash?

screw that for 12k i could think of LOTs of things to put on that floor....

people and their money :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Name
Ron lippold
as for the walls they were told that they would need to be painted as the walls were adobe, which is mudd bricks. We had a skirt on the 175 but its pretty much useless when you are dealing with un finished tiles.... and yes the walls were protected with painters tape but after a day or two of stripping it is worthless.

Yes there are some areas where all the finish would not release from the floor. And yes the customer was ok with that. They did not even know there was any color to the floor to speak of. We call that patina.

The first finish that was put down in1987 was applied to make the floor look vintage. They love it now. All their neighbors have the same floor, and most have already seen the finished product. Sure its alot of work but very rewarding.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
getting 100% of the coating off saltillo rarely happens Mike. I've been told if you get 95% out, your doing very good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom