The muffler silencer

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a 45 blower with a muffler just like the judsons and wow it's loud. I'm thinking about hooking up another muffler in line and mount it under the truck. I know Duane puts 2 side by side on his machines. What set up would make the least noise? I like my hearing

Thank You

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Also what rpm level you run the blower at will affect how loud it is. there is a big difference in noise with a blower run at 3600rpm vs. 3200rpms. I run my 45 (4MP) blower at 3400rpms most of the time :rockon:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I run my back-up unit with a Roots 45 exactly as Bob has suggested above. Its still louder than I like and its only running at 2700 rpm. I will say that most of the noise is coming from inside the van, very little coming from the down turn. I don't think you can quiet that blower with mufflers running 3400. Why are you running it so fast? Is it choked down somewhere?

Last edited:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
More vacuum at 3400 cfm, mine has a silencer and is plumbed 2.5" all the way thru the silencer. Any blower is quieter at lower rpms. He didnt mention what rpms he is running his at.

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Flowmaster SEEMS to work the best...
and there IS an in an' a out.......if you GOT room underneath for a THREE chamber...you'll be very surprized.....
they last forever too........
the turn down underneath
is the most important part...

RPMs.....? around 1900........my blowers last forever!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Flowmaster SEEMS to work the best...
and there IS an in an' a out.......if you GOT room underneath for a THREE chamber...you'll be very surprized.....
they last forever too........
the turn down underneath
is the most important part...

RPMs.....? around 1900........my blowers last forever!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They last forever, because they are only pulling a litte more air than a portable. Just sayin.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It is running at 2700 under load. Can I run this thing faster with a 22 hp kohler. It sounds like the motor is working hard at 2700.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
belt or direct Drive? I would bump it up to 3000-3400 rpms. air cooled engines run great at that rpm, even in the summer heat of the central valley 100+ degree days. My 20hp runs fine direct drive to my 4MP blower. do run a second muffler if you are bumping up the rpms

Name
Yohance
I have been trying to get my machine very quiet, and it seems really hard. its much quiter from when i didnt have a mufler so i guess it will have to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom