The new chevy city express vans!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Well, they need a small, fuel efficient van at GM. That one looks good. You say they are replacing the full sized Express? Well it is 10 years old and not fuel efficient. What will they replace it with?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Yeah some piece of junk from overseas. Actually that is a very nice van and has been used in Europe for decades. I was able to see European vans up close a little over a year ago and even drove one. They are much better for commercial uses and hold up for longer duration. The Americans have basically used the same design for vans for decades. Its about time they change it up with a much better design. Gm had to do something. Ford has already released its new version of the European vans.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The bottom line with this 4-cyl. engine van is . . .

you need lighter & smaller TM's.

Aluminum tanks and frame is a good start.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
I wouldn't mind one of those TM's, Taco, but I am afraid I might find myself in Jim Martin's shoes with it sometime soon after the sale.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:eekk:

I'd say the vast majority of the so called "over engineered" units don't have issues. However we always hear about the ones that do.

For us it was just great to get away from propane, not the safety although that was always a concern but the monitoring to make sure we didn't run out and the time to go fetch it and the time it took for the moron to come fill it. Not to mention dealing with damaged regulators because the moron over filled it.
Thank gawwwwwd that is times past.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I fill my own, for myself, at the propane place. They even gave me the code to the combination lock for after hours. However, there is NO WAY I would let an employee do that, so filling would be an issue running crews. Big hassle. Plus, the heater takes up way too much space in the van ... not to mention the massive HEAT is creates in the van! I wouldn't mind getting away from propane, but if my experience with my first Prochem TM is any guide, I don't want another rocket science TM.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No Prochem or Sapphire and one with some miles with H.E. is the way to go but it still gets hot in the van. Even the butlers get hot in the van. Box truck and it amazingly stays cool in the cab. :winky:

Slide in unit in a Spartan van, that's the direction I'd like for our carpet/water trucks. Unfortunately it will be years switching them all out.

Chevy GMC
http://www.supremecorp.com/supreme.php?page=product&body=service&product=66

Ford
http://www.supremecorp.com/supreme.php?page=product&body=service&product=67

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm sure this is a quick and dirty answer for Chevy dealers that want something to fill the hole left by the demise of the Astro and compete with the Ford Transit Connect.
It isn't meant to replace a full-sized cargo van.

It would seem odd though, if GM decides to replace the full-size van with a Euro-turbo like Ford is doing. The entire PTO market would be left to Nissan.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The NV Cargo?

Gawwd that's an ugly van, I'm so glad my leasing agent talked me out of it. I really wanted one but he told me it was built on their pickup frame and it had poor MPG's and the pickup had had some tranny issues. Parked next to one at Lowes yesterday, looked like an armored car or personnel vehicle. Fugly!

Oh but yours looks good Bryan. :eekk:

:winky:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
View attachment 2134
Compared to a Ford the Nissan looks elegantly understated. :p
We be pretty as long as we can still get this van.

View attachment 2135
This is the back of a new GMC with a CDS installed. Once we get shelves, portable, hose reel, rotaries put in there will still be room to pick up a couple armchairs or rugs. Miniature PTOs might be the only answer for tiny vans.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Impressive! I like the clean looks plus your colors are nice too. Good looking vans!

You guys are a class act!!!:icon_cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Yohance
nice vans
View attachment 2134
Compared to a Ford the Nissan looks elegantly understated. :p
We be pretty as long as we can still get this van.

View attachment 2135
This is the back of a new GMC with a CDS installed. Once we get shelves, portable, hose reel, rotaries put in there will still be room to pick up a couple armchairs or rugs. Miniature PTOs might be the only answer for tiny vans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom