The New Hoser

FredC

Village Idiot
Ron...don't take this the wrong way..............

Isn't the idea overall a "joke"...... I realize there are certain folks of the anal retentive persuasion, like yourself, that may see this as a necessity...........Maybe marty since everybody in Al lives on a dirt road

and then there are folks like me that benefit from forum ads and probably shouldn't say shit...............

ANYWAY........

There was a time when I saw the "Pros" to this contraption.................I believe it is what they now define as naive........

If my hoses do get dirty it isn't any problem at all to pull them through a saturated cloth held in one hand...BOOM....clean hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hit me up on the tweeters and faceyspace when its integrated into a reel...............

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If my hoses do get dirty it isn't any problem at all to pull them through a saturated cloth held in one hand...BOOM....clean hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that works great for the solution line, but you can't get mud out of ribbed vac hose with a towel...it has to be sprayed out...an' a thousand PSI would do it very well

I wouldn't mind having a look at the improved tool..and I'm far from "naive" or a rookie

..L.T.A.

Reactions: J Scott W

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use our car wash gun, lay it out on the drive and hit it with 1500 psi of hot water, its still a slow tedious process. 20-30 minutes. :cry:

So if the hoser worked really well I'd consider one. "If"

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
POint taken Fred, wet cloth works fairly well most of the time, but there are quite a few times when the hose gets pulled through crap I'd rather not touch, or through a LOT of mud (being in a rural area not all driveways are paved). The other guy that thought of this tool was working in the flooded areas of Grand Forks ND several years ago. The hoses were getting pulled through "MUD"! Most cleaners don't carry enough rags to clean that much stuff off.
I'm sure it would really be handy for guys doing septic backups.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ron do you have one or have you tried one? The concept seems plausible but it looked a little awkward for one man to do. I'd trust someone using one vs a sales video too.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought the one that first got marketed. It was pretty good but it needed some tweaking, so I modified it to the way I had thought to design it. The orig uses 4 jets but had them too close to be any good, so I moved them back. I also had to open it up to allow for 2.5" hose.
It works quite well and isn't that difficult to use. The hose pulls through fairly easily on mine so I move it back and forth as I slowly reel up the hose.
I use a small length of hose, 5-6ft, to connect to the truck vacuum. I haven't used it in a while. I like how they have changed to brush bristles and the ring jet. They spent the money on a mold as well to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Ron the opening on the new Hoser is a little under 5 inches and everything on the inside is flexible so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work with the 2.5 inch hose. It is becoming a pretty popular tool around here. I have sold quite a few with no complaints on it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Here is a photo. On sale now for $135. Will be $159 later. View attachment 2086

Works pretty well. Richard, it is a little awkward at first. But I got the hang of it after a few times. If you happen to have an electric reel, you can roll up the hose as it goes through the Hoser very easily.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Is there only on size?

I need to get one of these. I got a chance to actually go work yesterday and I started pouring midway through the job. So the vac hose was all crudy with mud dirt grass and such took a little bit to clean but would of been easier with one of these if it actually works.

Steve Smith

Here is a photo. On sale now for $135. Will be $159 later. View attachment 2086

Works pretty well. Richard, it is a little awkward at first. But I got the hang of it after a few times. If you happen to have an electric reel, you can roll up the hose as it goes through the Hoser very easily.

Scott,

Does it work with 2.5" hose/connectors?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Guys interlink donated one for the L&L raffle and Fred if you ever had to clean up a sewage flood you wouldn't be talking out the side of your neck :) (busting your balls don't take it personal) for guys that care of about cross contamination the hoser with shockwave in your chemical draw set at 6 your cleaning and killing everything. Also if you've drug your hose through a flea invested rat hole don't you want to decontaminate your hose before putting it back on the roll? As smart as you are how in the world could you not get it? Anyone that doesn't have one has a screw loose in my opinion. I have a used one in my office (0riginal) that has to be used on the rental when it comes back in. Stupid not to..

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I had thought to have a mounting on it that would allow you to stand on it, make it in a 45 degree or curved pipe, that frees up both hands, esp if you use a foot control for your reel
Don't see how mounting it under the van would allow the hose to move through it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I need one big time, I put an order in for me, will test it out as soon as I get it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We use our car wash gun, lay it out on the drive and hit it with 1500 psi of hot water

I use a kid's swimming pool and let them soak over night
Only draw back to that is, i have to get up early and get them out of the neighbor's pool before they wake up....

..L.T.A.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I got the original hoser or maybe it was called the hoosuka or something. I used it once and have been meaning to use again but after a working all day I say forget.

It did work fairly well and made the hose a lot more clean/brighter. Was sort of difficult to get it to work and was hard to get the cuffs to make it through but worth it overall.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We used the first originals when they came out...not too often though...sometimes it is easuer to just pressure wash them..

FredC

Village Idiot

and if you had any idea of my background you wouldn't be talking out of yours........

that informercialesque product is no way to properly decontaminate hoses used on a sewage loss

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Well then please share how you decon your hose before rolling them up on the reel after your done sucking shit or flea infested homes or just plane rat nasty homes. Please don't say you just wipe them with a wet towel while you roll them up.
a biocide then high heat and high pressure and vacuum is how you take care of it inside the home why would you not do the same with your hose?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom