The New Rig - PICS

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Just up your flow on your wand to 6 or 8 like Jeff said and it should dump less into the waste tank. The temp will drop but you will get more heat at the wand.

Name
Nate W.
CanYouHemiNow said:
captaincarpet said:
Nice looking unit! Let us know how it works out for you...I haven't heard much about the Amtex line either...
I hope you get thousands of highly productive hours from it!!!

Thanks man, so far so good. I have had it home for a week now and have done 3 houses and a 10k foot commercial today. So far so good but damn, somebody should have told me how hard it is to clean 10k feet of Berber! :lol:

I think if I hadn't slapped a glide on the wand yesterday I would still be down there!

Dry clean it. :D

Greg Cole on Nate The Great's computer.......

CanYouHemiNow

Jay DeLaughter said:
Just up your flow on your wand to 6 or 8 like Jeff said and it should dump less into the waste tank. The temp will drop but you will get more heat at the wand.

Thanks Jay. I may not look very smart but I catch on quick if struck up side the head often enough! :lol:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I am surprised greenie didn't say it all ready but you committed the cardinal vac hose sin, that being taking 2" vac hose down to 1.5" before it goes to the wand, I have cleaned for 15 years by running 2" all the way to the wand, much better vac flow, and another benefit is not having a connector or step in the hose in the part of the hose you are working with the MOST in that first 50 feet of hose.

G

why don't you show us picturs cleaning with your rig you tube with you starting that bad boy up

randy

Name
Randy
I hope you have a great mechanic very close by. Buy him lunch once a week, get him a $50 Outback gift card for his birthday every year and stock spare parts. Listen to Greenie's warnings next time around.

Ryan

randy said:
I hope you have a great mechanic very close by. Buy him lunch once a week, get him a $50 Outback gift card for his birthday every year and stock spare parts. Listen to Greenie's warnings next time around.

What causes these machines to break down so much? They use the same brand components (pump, engine, and blower) as many other TM manufactors. Are their HX's and frames crap?

randy

Name
Randy
Ryan said:
randy said:

What causes these machines to break down so much? They use the same brand components (pump, engine, and blower) as many other TM manufactors. Are their HX's and frames crap?

Unfortunately the component parts have zero to do with the reliability, durability and even performance of the unit. It's more a matter of the design, engineering and how and who puts it together. One of the worst units I ever owned had a Kohler engine, roots blower and cat pump. It also had a horrible design, too long of belt run, lousy heat exchanger, horrible silencer and was a vibration nightmare. Junk truck mount makers use the same components but never get it quite right. Right now for the same investment you can get a great, low hour unit. Tons of repos and carpet cleaning companies closing up / liquidating . Used truck mounts will be 30 cents on the dollar before this recession is over.

CanYouHemiNow

steve g said:
I am surprised greenie didn't say it all ready but you committed the cardinal vac hose sin, that being taking 2" vac hose down to 1.5" before it goes to the wand, I have cleaned for 15 years by running 2" all the way to the wand, much better vac flow, and another benefit is not having a connector or step in the hose in the part of the hose you are working with the MOST in that first 50 feet of hose.

Thanks for the heads-up. That is what is known as a 'whip' isn't it? I would think that this intentional constriction would increase lift... but at the expense of airflow. Is that the basic idea behind it? I will give your method a go side by side with the whip and see if I can tell the results apart.

As for not having a step in the hose near the working end, is the idea to prevent decoupling, clogs or what?

Name
Nate W.
CanYouHemiNow said:
steve g said:

Thanks for the heads-up. That is what is known as a 'whip' isn't it? I would think that this intentional constriction would increase lift... but at the expense of airflow. Is that the basic idea behind it? I will give your method a go side by side with the whip and see if I can tell the results apart.

As for not having a step in the hose near the working end, is the idea to prevent decoupling, clogs or what?

When you reduce your airflow, you Increase your drying time. Cfm speeds up dry time, Lift helps with long hose runs and water damage. They both go hand in hand.

Edit: for not proof reading. :|

CanYouHemiNow

randy said:

Luckily, I do have a great mechanic in the family but I hope I don't have to call on him too often. And I did not discount Greenies advice easily. I had to weigh it against all other factors and the score was very close.

I made the call and so far I do not regret it. If I do, I have already personally given Greenie permission to say "I told you so!" :p

CanYouHemiNow

Nate The Great said:
When you reduce your airflow, you reduce your drying time. Cfm speeds up dry time, Lift helps with long hose runs and water damage. They both go hand in hand.

I think you meant "increase" not "reduce"... right?

Name
Nate W.
CanYouHemiNow said:
Nate The Great said:
When you reduce your airflow, you reduce your drying time. Cfm speeds up dry time, Lift helps with long hose runs and water damage. They both go hand in hand.

I think you meant "increase" not "reduce"... right?

Oh snap. Yes, thank you for correcting me... I had to pee bad. :lol:

CanYouHemiNow

davegill said:
congrats..you should be proud that is a nice looking unit..just stay on top of it and you will
be fine.

Thanks Dave. Coming from one of the truly successful guys on this board, that means something.

CanYouHemiNow

Nate The Great said:

If I had to listen to those warm Hawaiian waves crashing day and night I'd have to pee bad too! :p

Actually, I'm jealous as hell.

Name
Nate W.
CanYouHemiNow said:
Nate The Great said:

If I had to listen to those warm Hawaiian waves crashing day and night I'd have to pee bad too! :p

Actually, I'm jealous as hell.

It's not all that it's cracked up to be. It's really, all I know.... :shock: I've been to afew states, but Hawaii is where I call home and hang my hat. I guess the grass will always be greener on the other side. :D

Greenie

The man bought what he felt was right for him.

I will help any way I can.

We can at least fix a couple of little things and point him in the right direction. Like if all you have is that 1.5" tubed wand, I have a vac hose called a Cobra, it tapers slowly from 2" to 1.5" it's very cool for optimizing vacuum to a 1.5" tool with no cuff or connector 5' behind you.

Name
Nate W.
When you can, I'd upgrade the wand asap. I went from a 1.5" to 2" wand. The 1.5" is a toy in your hand. I tried the 1.5" wand and stood there wondering why it took me so long to get a real wand. :lol:

steve g

Name
steve garrett

the reason I don't like it is that is the part of the hose you are moving around corners, up stairs, its easier for the solution hose to get wrapped around it and it also tends to get caught on corners, another suggestion is make sure you are using the correct 2" hose, 2" hose like flexhaust is way too stiff and sucks to work with, I could see how running it down to 1.5" would be nice in that case, however greenie sells the right 2" vac hose that is durable ie it aint the carwash stuff, but its just as easy to work with.

CanYouHemiNow

steve g said:

the reason I don't like it is that is the part of the hose you are moving around corners, up stairs, its easier for the solution hose to get wrapped around it and it also tends to get caught on corners, another suggestion is make sure you are using the correct 2" hose, 2" hose like flexhaust is way too stiff and sucks to work with, I could see how running it down to 1.5" would be nice in that case, however greenie sells the right 2" vac hose that is durable ie it aint the carwash stuff, but its just as easy to work with.

Good info, thanks.

RandyHilburn

Hey Tommy,

How about an update on your new AmTex Inferno? How's is working for you?

We've been using AmTex equipment for several years and have found our purchases to be a strong value. Have you seen the new AmTex "stack" machines? The design has the fresh water tank stored underneath the system, better use of the truck's vertical space.

Our overall AmTex experience has been positive. Customer Service can't be beat anywhere. We got almost three years out of our heat exchangers, before the left one (preheater) went out and have had no other major component failures. Now with that said, we take very good care of our equipment.

I'd be interested in your hearing experiences, now that you've had time to put a few hours on it.

Thanks, Randy

Greenies advice is not always right....he would his push his products and downplay the competition. He got mad at me when I bought some of Cobbs wands not Greenhorns. He also gave me a hard time when ( bought some Ninja warriors portys instead of the Mytee porty(I think the M5) he designed. BTW Im very happy with my purchases I bought.

randy

Name
Randy
He actually emailed me from his other account, Freddie V and is supposedly in Billings. I don't think he liked getting outed as a shill. Not the first and won't be the last. I think some people actually enjoy posting under bogus profiles. Seems like a lot of work to me with little chance of success. It would be like Mike dressing up like a woman, showing up at Connections and introducing himself as Ruth Travis.

Then again Connections is only four months away so I better not give him any ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom