The new RX-20????

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We’ve settled on the idea that all cleaning is a matter of degree and that there’s no single carpet cleaning tool that can clean quite like a rotary extractor.

I used the 360i for years before buying the XL. My XL always seemed a bit chinsey and under built for its weight. I got mine early in the brush head days so mine came with a brush head that couldn’t be pushed by the motor that was on it. Rotovac sent me a big motor that would drive the brush head. It sure does but I hate taking the XL out of the truck. It’s really heavy and really burns through expensive Teflon now.

I want better. I want more sturdy and professional looking. I’m very open to leaving behind the brushes and Teflon for a more reliable and professional machine.

What do you guys think? Do I need to try myself, like I have with so many things, to see what is best? My closest disty is @ 2.5 hours away. I don’t exactly have them throwing equipment at me to try for a week and bring back. Real investment happens around here when we change directions.

scotty747

I have both. The RX is a tank. Psi is usually just cracking the valve open to flush. I stand there with one hand doing dry passes and it leaves the carpet dryer than my wand. Even though its heavy the big wheels make it manageable up stairs. Not enough improvements to spend the money on a new one. A few good deals around seattle on craigs list.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have used RX-20's both in commercial and residential settings and haven't been as impressed as I have with the 360i and xl. I know some guys that just swear by them but it just hasn't worked for me. I find it awkward and leaving the carpet to wet unless you are doing multiple dry passes. I do multiple dry passes with the rotovacs also but it seems so easy with the light weight. Try before you buy.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I have used RX-20's both in commercial and residential settings and haven't been as impressed as I have with the 360i and xl. I know some guys that just swear by them but it just hasn't worked for me. I find it awkward and leaving the carpet to wet unless you are doing multiple dry passes. I do multiple dry passes with the rotovacs also but it seems so easy with the light weight. Try before you buy.
Typical of a poorly maintained RX.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Look on craigslist for a used RX20. There isn't that much of an improvement from the old to the new.
They should have addressed the weight and make it lighter. Doubt it will do that well against the newer, lighter machines. But it is a great cleaning tool--if you use it. I have a few hi speed RX's that are over 30 years old!

Name
Matt Middleton
I have owned the RX 20, RV powerwands, Rv360i, but I really appreciate the Mytee Trex Jr. It is a joy to clean with. Built very well, cleans fantastic and quickest dry times in my 36+ years of cleaning. 😊

Name
jack zerkie

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Bought a used rx20 a couple of years back. Used it once on my living room. Been sitting in my shop ever since. Cleans well but I like rotovac better. That’s just me.

Haven’t made an effort to sell it. Anyone interested reach out.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
going up stairs with the nice big wheels.... hows going down when you finish the top level lol

I would stick with your 360, I want the XL at some point but the 360i I can carry in one hand... thats hard to beat for a rotary

Name
jack zerkie
The RX works well and I don't think it's heavy. I used it on very dirty carpets. A few times on flood work removed a ton of water . I purchased the zipper because of no power cord. Each tool has it's positive side so you need the correct tool for each job. The RX makes contact with the carpet. The zipper uses spinning pressure on the carpets. Each works well for each job. Then theirs the 175 roto. With all the right tools carpet cleaning is a joy getting the job done and then $$$$ yea. jz

Brian H

Name
Brian H

Thanks for the heads up on this Coastie!! I picked the one in Flint up yesterday. This one though is a Hydramaster model rotary Drimaster. Still, quite a pickup for $400.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We have a company here that has been using the drimasters for quite some time as their USP. Never used one myself. How does it compare to other rotaries?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I sold my rx20 did all kinds of pimping to it.

It streaked carpets was heavy to pull on and off the truck.

I use my hoss as much it’s alot easier.

And my 360i is my preference.

Light and ease of use!

But if you want the Grand Daddy of them all by all means buy it!

You’ll either say heck ya or heck no!

That’s the bitch about this industry. There is no magic bullet!

It’s all work.

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I sold my rx20 did all kinds of pimping to it.

It streaked carpets was heavy to pull on and off the truck.

I use my hoss as much it’s alot easier.

And my 360i is my preference.

Light and ease of use!

But if you want the Grand Daddy of them all by all means buy it!

You’ll either say heck ya or heck no!

That’s the bitch about this industry. There is no magic bullet!

It’s all work.
I’ve figured that I almost need to try everything (within reason) in order to see how it fits for us.

I need to try it for about 2 weeks because EVERYTHING I try for the first time, I HATE.

I’m still trying to love our Zipper but my helper suffers from the same condition I do. He tried it for about 2 minutes and now doesn’t even want to look at it.

I’m that way too but I’m trying to FIGHT it!

Reactions: Matt B

Mikey P

Administrator
I’ve figured that I almost need to try everything (within reason) in order to see how it fits for us.

I need to try it for about 2 weeks because EVERYTHING I try for the first time, I HATE.

I’m still trying to love our Zipper but my helper suffers from the same condition I do. He tried it for about 2 minutes and now doesn’t even want to look at it.

How long did it take you to learn to love the Swivel?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I think a lot of people find it difficult to adapt to the Zipper at first. It takes a while to learn to clean in the right direction and manage the hose at the same time. I use my Zipper on commercial only and find it very easy now in wide open areas. I was using it with a helper this summer pulling hose on some apartment hallways and it was incredible. It does use more cleaning solution so you might want an apo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom