The Next girl in my life might be a cleanco

thefalcon38

Name
sam
Hey all!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm in the market for a new machine. Did a lot of looking into what I call the Big three (Cleanco, sapphire, Butler) and have pretty much come down to the conclusion that a Cleanco is the way I'm gonna go. Now the Question I got that I hope someone could answer for me is, Not that I don't trust or like my local Cleanco distributor here, But I heard for a few extra bucks, Cleanco will send down there guy to do the install. Has anyone done this? Is he good? is it worth the extra bucks? I heard through the grapevine that it was, but I thought Id throw it out there to see if anyone else has had it done that way..

Cheers!

Reactions: Russ T.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I will say that my distributor had not installed a SS570 before mine and they did an excellent job. So maybe that answered your question?

hogjowl

Idiot™
My distributor had the Cleanco guy fly in to install mine. I didn't know this until I went to pick it up and they introduced me to him. I never asked them why they just didn't install it themselves, but I suspect it was either because they don't install enough of them to feel completely comfortable, or they know me well enough to pass the bitch ball off to someone else.

Either way, I'm cool with it.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So there you go. Ask Cleanco (or your supplier) if Sutley had to pay for the expert to install his TM.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mine was flown in to for the install................. 13 years ago.
I believe I was the very first one in the united states or my area to own one.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Out local disty installed ours. We love the machine but hindsight being what it is, we'd would have had the cleanco installer do it.

We no longer have that distributor service it now that it's out of warranty. Had a issue with sound/rattle for ever (since wer for it and just thought it was how this machine was) and when we too to a different distributor they fixed it.

If your local distributor hadn't done many cleanco installs, then have cleanco do it.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'd pay the extra $ because I'm picky.

I wish I had pork holes.

I'd set it up with hoses coming out the back and fresh water centered in the van.

I was told that most Cleancos that are sold in the Midwest are installed at Full Circle in KC. No idea if this is true, only what I've been told.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
FWIW I haven't had to go any further than my little town to have any service done to the Cleanco.

There's a Master mechanic that works at the auto repair shop that's a wiz.

He said he grew up tinkering with farm/ag equipment and he can help me maintain it.

One plus about living in IA.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
A Cleanco tech will definitely have some good knowledge on the install process compared to a newb doing his first install. Of particular importance is the clutch, shaft, pulley alignment. If it wasn't too much extra I'd want to fly in the pro.

J

JS41035

You start to see the wisdom in the Sapphire Scientific pro1200. Using the seat bolts as a template.
Do any of the major manufacturers offer an installation class? I would think a week long class would be worth it for both the manufacturer and the shop installing it.

Reactions: Chris A

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
It depends on the distributor. But I think I would fly them in. Good info I din not know that was an option.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I'd pay the difference and have a Cleanco Tech do the install. Then if there are any warranty issues there is nobody to blame and point the finger at.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I'm pretty sure Nate at Northeast Truck Mount and Supply in New Hampshire, is an authorized tech. He sells Cleanco units and is a total gear head. He did an install at his place for a cleaner in Michigan or Indiana a couple years ago if I recall. I can PM his number to you if you want to talk with him about Cleanco units. And I know a friendly competitor who went with a Cleanco from Nate about 3-4 years ago and has been happy with it.
Good Luck with your decision and let me know if I can help you get connected to get your questions answered.
Cheers,
Captain Morgan

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom