The official expiration date thread!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Chris M's suggestion fo putting an expiration on my flyer (which I agree with, I just forgot) go me thinking. What's he perfect range for an expiration date. We've always done a month. You guys?

Name
Bruce
We always do one month , we always get most of the calls in the first 2 weeks of that month. I'm tempted to put a 2 week expiration to see if we can get a better response .

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
1 month, this allows those ho don't get it or read it as quickly to take advantage. 3rd class mail can take up to a week or so to arrive and some people take a week to go through mail that isn't critical.

we generally use the phrase "limited time offer" and take into account the month, season, weather, current volume of work scheduled. we pay attention to holidays too - for instance, our next flyer will hit 2weeks before easter, figuring we'll be catching prospects at a good time. any feedback on doing it this way?

krissy.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
We do the same thing with "limited time offer" because we order postcards by the thousands and send out a few hundred at a time to selected homes.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you mail in june it always expires July 31.
It may be more than 30 days but you have to have some breathing room on when they might get mailed.

What if you mail june 1st but it doesn't get sent till june 14th? Not a good Idea to have it expire june 30th.

and "Expires in 30 days" really can't be tracked that well.

Name
Nate W.
Brian Robison said:
If you mail in june it always expires July 31.
It may be more than 30 days but you have to have some breathing room on when they might get mailed.

What if you mail june 1st but it doesn't get sent till june 14th? Not a good Idea to have it expire june 30th.

Unless it's a post card not in a bundle like RSVP. It could say offer expires 30 days from postmark. Just trying to think outside the box. "Limited time offer" is a good one.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Brian Robison":26l5dnx0]If you mail in june it always expires July 31.

Unless it's a post card not in a bundle like RSVP. It could say offer expires 30 days from postmark. Just trying to think outside the box. "Limited time offer" is a good one.[/quote:26l5dnx0]

Or you could even put "For the month of June only"
Or July or whatever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom