The Proper Use Of 30 or 40 vol Peroxide

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Ok... Since most of you guys seem to use the stuff, And I have never used it on a carpet, What is the proper way to use it? Can you use it on darker colored carpet? What stains is it the most effective on? How long would you leave it on the spot before rinsing? Do you ever add it to your prespray? Have you ever had any problems such as discoloring when you've used it?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
danielc said:
Anywhere you would use stain magic or an oxidizer.

That's a good answer. And like stain magic don't use it on a wool or you will create a new reality. I use it for organic stains, coffee, wine, urine, feces, blood, vomit etc. I wouldn't advocate it's use for a general prespray additive as it is reactive and will fade colors.

Jonee

I use peroxide weekly for spots & stains and have for years. I buy mine from Sally Janes Beauty Shop and back in October I needed some and stopped in at a local store and was told I now would need a "cosmetology license " to purchase peroxide from them (Some new federal law) I just went to a non franchise supply and they sold me a gallon with no issue. Has anyone else had this happen?

-Jon

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Order your gallons of what ever strength you want from ,

Beauty Mart 1-800-228-2885 ask for Joe.

It's the same stuff you get at Sally's.

They make it here locally but I have to get it from Joe.

I pay around $8.50 a gallon.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
using to much hydrogen peroxide will cause lung damage.. just so everyone knows..

Long term exposure to low ppm concentrations is also hazardous and can result in permanent lung damage and OSHAOccupational Safety and Health Administration has established a permissible exposure limit of 1.0 ppm calculated as an eight hour time weighted average (29 CFR 1910.1000, Table Z-1) and hydrogen peroxide has also been classified by the ACGIH American Conference of Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) as a "known animal carcinogen, with unknown relevance on humans.[2008 Threshold Limit Values for Chemical Substances and Physical Agents & Biological Exposure Indices, ACGIH] In applications where high concentrations of hydrogen peroxide are used, suitable personal protective equipment should be worn and it is prudent in situations where the vapor is likely to be generated, such as hydrogen peroxide gas or vapor sterilization, to ensure that there is adequate ventilation and the vapor concentration monitored with a continuous gas monitor for hydrogen peroxide. Continuous gas monitors for hydrogen peroxide are available from several suppliers. Further information on the hazards of hydrogen peroxide is available from OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Guideline for Hydrogen Peroxide and from the ATSDR. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry

Mike Draper

hmmmm, so dont go into your beauticians place while they are coloring some girls hair blond.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Proper use? As long as you don't kill anyone or anything right?

Good for blood and pet urine. Heat it up to take out coolaid (that's when you can ruin the color of a carpet).
Never had an issue with damaging a carpet by just spraying it on the stain.

Some mix it half and half with Ammonia...or so I've heard. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom