The real carpet cleaning Kings

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
We’re just harassing you. im just jealous that you’re rocking in that sweet corporation setup vs me working out of my house bro.

Mainly just jealous that we weren’t smart enough to market that side of our business first

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
CJ no disrespect intended. It's more frustration with the situation than with you or SS. We have heard for decades we should be pushing Cleaning for Health. Dr Berry informed us of the need to "Empty the Sink" yet here we are, out marketed by a franchise.
For years I have been marketing my services as a healthy thing to do. I educate my customers on the importance of vacuuming either with a HEPA filter or a built-in. I market my procyon for the same reason. It does make the case for venting portables outside.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dr. Michael Berry of the EPA has this to say about carpet cleaning.. .. ..

“I have reached the conclusion that carpeting and fabrics not cleaned and properly maintained have the potential to cause a variety of health problems inside the building environment.”

“….every time carpets and fabrics are emptied of their pollution build-up through professional cleaning methods, there is a health benefit.”

“We are also finding that typical vacuuming does not reduce fine particle levels indoors. Fine particles of less than 7 microns pass on through vacuum cleaning bags. These particles tend to build up over time and have the greatest potential to cause harm as they penetrate deep into the human lung.” (This is why we recommend sub-micron bags or HEPA filters on your vac.)

“From a public health perspective I would find it impossible to justify the installation of carpets indoors without the existence of effective cleaning methods using environmentally-sound cleaning technology by individuals properly trained in the application of those methods and technology.”

“Until such time as the fibres are cleaned the potential for human exposure and health risk remains high.”

“….the benefit of extracting is the overall reduction of reparable particles which cause most health effects, reduced cases of biogradically induced illnesses, reduced lifetime cancer risks, and reduced complaints and liability for building owners and managers.”

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I remember when came out with those statements. However, the same can be said for hard surfaces. Carpets and fabrics don't create dust. They form effective traps or filters that hold it out of the air you breathe but need to be cleaned or emptied regularly. You can visibly see the dust on hard surfaces more easily and it is more easily disturbed by even small air currents created by opening a door or window or turning on a fan. How many times have you seen the dust motes floating in a ray of sunshine. Carpets or hard floors, both need regular maintenance.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
No one wins... That why it just appearance management. Want good air quality, build a good HVAC system and seal the house..install central vacuum so it remain out of home. Otherwise, enjoy what air ya got.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doc Berry's essay sounds more like a commercial for hard surfaces than CC'ing

sounds like a great idea...lets tell 'em they're going to get sick and die of cancer if they don't spend $300-$500 two-three times a year so we can "empty" their cesspool "sink" :headscratch::icon_rolleyes:

You can visibly see the dust on hard surface...
. Carpets or hard floors, both need regular maintenance

one's a whole lot easier for the homeowner to maintain

..L.T.A.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Maybe Mikey’s next vacuum will be a Rainbow

1542512090180.png

I’ve bought 18 of these in the past 2-3 months... they are by far my favorite yet... cheap, light weight and very nice bags that do a much better job at not stinking up the place like the canister models we previously relied on.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Dr. Berry was right when he was saying that you need to think of the maintenance before you install carpet. I had a call from a person in a new townhouse who wanted their carpets cleaned. Zero access with a truck mount and I am not hauling a portable up 2 flights of stairs just to clean 2 bedrooms and a hall.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
View attachment 86383
I’ve bought 18 of these in the past 2-3 months... they are by far my favorite yet... cheap, light weight and very nice bags that do a much better job at not stinking up the place like the canister models we previously relied on.
The Oreck’s @Mikey P suggedted were complete garbage... didn’t last a month...

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
many of us already knew that.
The pack following majoons would be smoking dog turds if Mike said they were great

..L.T.A.
It’s the old saying about telling your kid not to touch a hot stove.... sometimes buying a sh**ty vacuum is the only way he’ll learn 😏

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
My apologies CJ, I assumed that because you have your crews use an upright, pre spray, CRB scrub followed by a fancy wand rinse and dry strokes, that you discounted the dry-wet-dry Anti Allergen Certified method..

Or do you let your techs decide which steps to take based on their pre cleaning conversations with the client, who may have respiratory issues of some sort and if so, use the DWD method?

Personally, unless someone asks some trigger questions when I arrive or brings up their issues over the phone, I never ask if they have concerns about indoor air quality

Mikey P

Administrator
many of us already knew that.
The pack following majoons would be smoking dog turds if Mike said they were great

..L.T.A.

I love my Oreck.

It's not for techs who just go through the motions and suck up hair pins, nails, coins etc.

Same as the Royals that CJ also gave up on.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
My apologies CJ, I assumed that because you have your crews use an upright, pre spray, CRB scrub followed by a fancy wand rinse and dry strokes, that you discounted the dry-wet-dry Anti Allergen Certified method..

Or do you let your techs decide which steps to take based on their pre cleaning conversations with the client, who may have respiratory issues of some sort and if so, use the DWD method?

Personally, unless someone asks some trigger questions when I arrive or brings up their issues over the phone, I never ask if they have concerns about indoor air quality
Pretty much..... dirty houses get vacuumed. Clean,well maintained houses don’t. As I look through trucks each morning I sbserve vacuums that don’t appear to be used frequently enough (I date the bags with a sharpie) and harass guys not using them... if they can’t be coached up, they’re coached out... I cannot verify every job but if they vacuum bag is only being changed once a week, it’s not being used. It’s not full proof but it’s Kaizen... (we’re better today than we were yesterday)

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I love my Oreck.

It's not for techs who just go through the motions and suck up hair pins, nails, coins etc.

Same as the Royals that CJ also gave up on.
Yea I melted a beater bar path into some poly with that damn Royal. 😒

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Oreck really is a good vacuum...i love the brushroll. Its perfect for janitorial cleaning as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom