The Reappearing Stains

MMLe1997

Name
Minh
Hi,

I need some help with how to proceed with this problem. Recent stains have shown up on Fresca Limestone Pavers after heavy rain of browning/orange color (see pics). The only thing that is around these areas that have similar color is the cooper gutter. I tried to use rust remover and cleaners from several compagnies including Klenztone #1, and Prosoco restorer and all did not even touch those stains. I tried to sandblast a small area but stains seem to be deeply penetrated. The only thing that seem to get rid of the stains is a poultice of baking soda and Hydrogen Peroxide. After 24hrs of poultice, all those stains have disappeared (see 2nd pic). However, as soon as the pavers got wet with water, all those stains reappear again like before with the same patterns within a couple hours. I am assuming water reverted the process that Hydrogen peroxide did. Are there anything I can do to prevent that or completely get rid of what is absorbed in the limestone. Thanks. MM

IMG_3111.jpg IMG_3139.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm not fully edumakated in natural stone cleaning, but from where the staining is, between each stone, seems to be wicking up from underneath the stones. If you're not able to remove each tile, and clean underneath, then it'll just keep happening every time it gets wet.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I suppose there should have been some sort of barrier laid down before they were installed.

Reactions: Cleanworks

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
The setting material material used for the "sand set" is staining the limestone through capilary action. seen it many times

Reactions: Hack Attack

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm not fully edumakated in natural stone cleaning, but from where the staining is, between each stone, seems to be wicking up from underneath the stones. If you're not able to remove each tile, and clean underneath, then it'll just keep happening every time it gets wet.

You appear to have a better understanding of gravity than your fellow tmfr pal Damon.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom