The Sapphire 370 got a great review today

lance

from a cleaner in Arizona. I talked to him yesterday for about 45 minutes.

He had sold a Prochem 405 and had only 25 hours on the 370 but was very happy about buying it. He could have reconditioned the 405 if he had wanted to but chose instead to sell it and pay cash for the Sapphire. He got it from Allen Equipment and was very happy with the guys there.

He had fixed the problems that had come up with his old machine and he still uses another 405 right now. But he thought it was better to buy the new TM.....he said that he will actually save money having a new machine and his tech loves cleaning with too.

He told me he thinks the 370 has just as much vac power as the old TM. But what he really liked was that the 370 was half as loud as the 405. His tech agreed with that opinion too. And he couldn't believe how compact it is and how much more room is in the van now compared to when the Prochem was in there. He even said that when he visited a job the tech was doing he thought that they were running the new machine at half speed because it was so quiet.....but he checked and the TM was running at full speed.

He is happy with the heat for CC'ing but for tile cleaning at 1200 psi he told me the temp. goes down to about 160 ATM if he tries to do a big section of T&G with the trigger held down for awhile. He also compared it to a Peak that he ran during a CAD and said that the Peak was louder and the water pressure wasn't as strong as the 370. He was going to buy a Peak but changed his mind. He really wanted a very quiet machine and the 370 is making him very happy.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Thanks for the feedback and comparison. Must be the hardest damn product ever to try and find info/feedback on. Any idea what he paid for the machine?

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I've put 200 hours on mine. I love it, it's quiet compared to my 427, but the side panels rattle a little. I think maybe some rubber bushing thingys should be used there somehow. We used to bake in the van after a job, not anymore. It's simple to operate, doesn't take up much room, and I can see out the back window now. So far, it's a thumbs up for me.

lance

Heath he told me but I don't know if I should say anything.

He did get a good deal on it because he paid in cash. He bought it at Allen Equipment in arizona and he said he was very happy about the deal and really worked them down as low as he could.

I think the list is $16500 but I'm not sure. I will check for you if you want me to. Even with this economy I don't think that they will have to give a big discount because the machine runs so well. It really sales itself.

This guy could buy any machine he wanted to, and he said he researched the different models for about two months (yes, he's one of those guys just like me) and I don't know if he will ever buy another brand again.

He is ecstatic about his choice and that's only after 25 to 30 hours. He just kept saying how quiet it is and how good it feels for him to not have a machine that screams at the whole neighborhood.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
He is ecstatic about his choice and that's only after 25 to 30 hours.

he should be, It's called the "honeymoon" period, Lance
Unless it's total POS, everyone loves a new TM in the first 25-30 hours .

Having said that, I don't know anything about the 370, but really like the concept of the small footprint .
floor space in a van is always in short supply .

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
He is ecstatic about his choice and that's only after 25 to 30 hours.

he should be, It's called the "honeymoon" period, Lance
Unless it's total POS, everyone loves a new TM in the first 25-30 hours .

Having said that, I don't know anything about the 370, but really like the concept of the small footprint .
floor space in a van is always in short supply .

..L.T.A.

Ya I bet, specially since you have the worlds largest single wand tm :mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Adkins said:
Ya I bet, specially since you have the worlds largest single wand tm :mrgreen:

You better watch that chit, Boy...
I got a new toy this week

010-11.jpg

them "bubbles" on that wrap of yours might make fun targets :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Forget all the mood-uplifting stuff I said in your sunshine thread...

lance

Glock .40 rules.

I knew somebody would bring in the "honeymoon" phase. But he was running a 405 before so he could compare them against each other right away. The lower noise level was what made him really happy. That and he said the vac and pressure were as good as the 405.

I report, you decide.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the 405 isn't a loud machine, in fact its the quietest slide in I have ever used, its considerably quieter than the various air cooled slide ins I have used. if the SS is alot more quite it must be really quiet, which is surprising because it uses the same kohler 20 hp engine out of a prochem legend. I wonder if the hose to the vac silencer was bad on that guys 405.

the specs say 317 CFM vs 405 of the prochem. its probably a nice machine, but if I want power give me the water cooled nissan and the 405 over any truckmount that uses a 20 hp engine. I have heard alot of guys talk about how their 405 didn't have enough power or heat. the 4 I have ran would keep the temp gauge pegged at 230 degrees while cleaning a house and run about 220 on commercial this is on LOW setting not high. I wonder if all the parts are working on some of these guys machines, there is up keep to do to make a 405 run like it should. one thing I will say the 405 is not a duel wand machine, simply all a guy can possibly need in a single wand machine.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
I agree Steve - mine has heat to waste on most jobs. It was noisy as hell for a long time till I discovered the rubber pipe from the blower to the silencer wasn't quite long enough to bridge the gap. Fixing that made it quiet as any smaller machine. The 405 is the most reliable piece of equipment I've ever owned - period.

The Sapphire would surely be a step down in power, but the size would allow me to go to a smaller van - over here we need a special heavy licence to drive anything with a laden possible weight over 3.5 tonne (3500kg), which can be quite limiting when hiring people to drive it. My whole setup with the 405 is a whisker under 4 tonne with the waste tank full.

So far the feedback I've seen on the 370 is all good, but there's no distributor down here unfortunately.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
You do realize that there is Sapphire units already running in NZ Heath !gotcha! We supply gear to clients in NZ on a weekly basis.

We have supplied and looked after machines into New Caledonia, New Zealand, obviously all over Australia (your closer to us that other clients in WA - and we have HEAPS of TM's over there) and I am currently working with clients in China and South Africa. NZ is nice and close 8)

We have two staff over in NZ right now. They have been there since the start of the week, and will be there until mid next week too.

Jim

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Jim I had no idea that there were units here. Does that mean you have the supply rights for new machines in NZ? I once saw a man from Noosa write that we should NEVER buy machines from overseas suppliers 8)

Does that mean the price for one of those here would be more than if I imported one from the US direct, once we add costs from a second time zone? Do you have a network here for repairs/maintenance or would it just go to the Prochem/Hydramaster dealers?

Sorry not trying to bust ya chops mate, these are genuine questions - I'd also be interested in viewing one here and would love to know what it would cost to get my hands on a new one.

I'll email you with some questions..
Cheers

S

sam miller

Ya I have a 405 and I get how quite it is from customers all the time in 2nd gear it get's louder not unbearable.

I would consider a 454 preferably 870'ss, Still a Ford transit and a 370 is a good gas savings and small single operator unit

The 405 could clean carpet and upholstery at the sametime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom