the Savannah Express conundrum

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Yes, the shortage is taking it's toll. My Chevy dealer, who usually bends over backwards to help me, is not willing to come off the price one cent on new vans. I'm beginning to think it's not meant for me to purchase new right now.

Anybody got a low mileage used to sell?
I have an 08 Chevy 6.0 3500 with 136, miles. Selling for $7000

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No but I'd like to. Where do you buy those amazing ad on's at? :oldrolleyes:

smileys-cowboy-871719.gif

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep I get it all the time.

Two weeks ago they nearly ripped the door off one of the Spartan trucks. Someone backed it out with the side doors open and the guy that closed up at the end of the just whipped it in and the door swung out and against a bumper pole. Its a bit sprung, but closes and amazingly shows little damage. :errf:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Try and find a new GMC cargo van right now...

Industries alot larger than ours that are built around that van platform are gobbling them up as fast as they come off the production line.

The times are a changing...

I have my (5) 2015 GMC Savanas coming Butler. They should be in next week or so. We sure scoured the nation for them this year!! Then all of a sudden, they popped up. According to my source, someone high up at GM made them available for us. Maybe it was luck or maybe that higher up at GM is a customer... I do know we have done work fora few of the GM CEOs over the years!

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
The Chevy van issue is real and very frustrating. We work with the 9th largest fleet dealer in the nation and they had 1,000's of vans taken away from them. I have 2 3500 6.0L vans at my store for sale, and after that there won't be anything but 2500 4.8L vans available and those won't be available until the end of July.

If you're interested in one, let me know. We are quite competitive on pricing.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I guess I'll find out if it's really that bad. Going to put some feelers out on a new 6.0 3500.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have seen some nice vans at www.seewhatsin.com which is located in Vegas but they are expensive. I actually went to The Experience last year with the intentions of going to look at his vans and hopefully bring one home. I didn't make it and that's a great thing.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Joe, if you haven't sold it I would crank that price up and sit on it if you can. Congratulations on the new truck, let's do lunch some day.

I'm still running it while the build of the Transit is is progress. It should be on the actual market in a few weeks. I'm going to list the 3500 at current bluebook as a gauge for price. The van is in almost perfect condition. I don't mind sitting on it until I get a buyer who has a realistic offer.

I agree with having some lunch, or hit up the shooting range together.

Reactions: Dan
J

JS41035

I'm still running it while the build of the Transit is is progress. It should be on the actual market in a few weeks. I'm going to list the 3500 at current bluebook as a gauge for price. The van is in almost perfect condition. I don't mind sitting on it until I get a buyer who has a realistic offer.

I sold my 2008 Gmc. Had over 30 calls in a few days. The guy who bought it drove 4 hours. Definitely a market for them.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan

Sounds good. Get your truck up and running then give me a call and we can do some lunch.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Just confirmed that a 2015 that will work for me is non existent in my region, unless it is sitting in a fleet pool some where.

Can't order 16s for a month or so either.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
That would be the plan. Things look good but waiting on them to come together.

If I have to go 2016 it'll be at least a few months from now realistically.

Did you have a video of the 1200 running? I thought I saw one but can't find it now.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom