The SEO Flow Chart

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@FredC and a few others, I know you're going to have fun with this. Even through Google constantly changes its algorithms, it's still good. I'm actually going through this with my SEO girl making sure were somewhat within the margins.

local-seo.jpg.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

FredC

Village Idiot
ok

and its an ok chart

seo spammer signup attempts will increase.......that is sometimes fun

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You would do better to do:

Website - easy to navigate, fast, multiple CTAs to give people options, set up conversion tracking to lower your bounce rate.
Offsite - GMB set up, directories and data aggregators submission

Focus on getting people to visit your site multiple times or routinely every 6 months or yearly. Easiest way is to have some sort of online booking which would lower admin costs because it does the work for you. Or at least have a form they can book from. Why spend that much time booking repeats, the form or online booking will offer other services for you.

Do a lot of videos add them to your website where it makes sense. Do case studies and content people care about, hard to do with carpet cleaning but create How To videos and blog posts. "How To Remove Wine From Carpet", "How to Remove Pet Urine From Carpet" "How To Remove Koolaid From Carpet" "How to Successfully Remove Pet Urine Odor In Carpet" "How To Remove Paint From Carpet" and so on. Link to your GMB page, website, FB page, and Yelp page on your videos in the description on Youtube. If you're going to do voice over transcribe the voice over on the blog post and in your video description. Create a summary of what is in the video in the blog post so there is still text there. Link to the services that applicable in your blog post content. Make sure you show relevant blog posts below that one so people can find similar topics easily. Post all of this on social media to drive traffic to your website.

I'm sure there's some overlap between what I said and the flowchart but it is hard to read.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My SEO person is working away for me behind the scenes. Here is where we’re at so far.

3135B77F-B8EF-4AA6-9929-096B6A14D39A.jpeg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Dump/get rid of that self hosted video on the homepage and upload it to Youtube then embed it. You could easily put that caption in the video itself instead.

I'd start here first. All that other stuff won't matter much if this sucks.

Don't pay much attention to the letter grade but rather the fully loaded time. Sometimes a better letter grade can slow down the load time.

the site is gtmetrix dot com to run the test.

damon gtmetrix.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Dump/get rid of that self hosted video on the homepage and upload it to Youtube then embed it. You could easily put that caption in the video itself instead.

I'd start here first. All that other stuff won't matter much if this sucks.

Don't pay much attention to the letter grade but rather the fully loaded time. Sometimes a better letter grade can slow down the load time.

the site is gtmetrix dot com to run the test.

View attachment 93097
If I do that will the video still auto play?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If I do that will the video still auto play?

Yes but you have to add some parameters to the embed URL. New versions of Chrome block autoplay if the mute video parameter isn't called/activated in the embed code.

I'd still edit the video with some captions explaining what you're doing. Spend less time showing off your machine and more on you carefully setting up so Mrs. Piff knows you're not going to knock over her knickknacks. Even though she lets Fluffy use her house as a toilet.

Use the homepage to talk more about why they should choose you, add awards, certifications, other trust factors, and make the reviews more noticeable. The homepage needs to draw them in and win them right there, or make them want to learn more about whatever service(s) they want to hire you for.

Then put that video with added captions on the carpet cleaning page at the top.

Edit: I hate autoplay videos and so do most people, especially any video with sound. Give the user the control of what they want to view instead of forcing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom