Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Zee said:
Steve Toburen said:
www.SFS.JonDon.com[/url]

PS I guess it is an actual application of the old principle "throw your bread on the waters and over the course of many days it will come back to you" or something like that. We can debate all day on how to do it/ whether it will work but instead I would encourage people to do a test mailing/followup of say 50 accounts. (My hat is off to Jeremy for actually DOING SOMETHING.) If the concept doesn't work what have you lost?

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you knew anything about marketing, you'd be teaching the "marketing" part of SFS instead of Bill.

Of course, if Bill knew anything about marketing, he's be here answering these questions instead of you.

So, in light of all that ... carry on.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Taco:

I was concerned with what it was in my DAP that you found to be inaccurate. After looking at it for a bit ... I see my error.

I should have left out the "carry on" ...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: The Snake Oil Marketing Budget ~ $1k

Kenny C. said:
This is the one we tried several years ago, it bombed so bad at the time, we never tired it again.

HolidaySpecialLandscape.jpg
Richard it may have been more due to the picture in the piece being so dominant and the message being lost in the small print and "Holiday Offer". A less overpowering image and Free Cleaning headline might have netted a better response. Also not sure if you made follow up calls or visits but those are also key imo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're probably right Ken.

It was some of the crap I produce, I should had Wayne Miller do it for us but it was such a small target group. I think we mailed 35-of them.

No we half assed it, sent the cards no follow up. It was one of those last minute ideas.

We actually did much better just calling on them throughout the year offering a demo and if they were happy with their current cleaner we went restoration pushing Emergency Prepardness Program.

Name
Lee Stockwell
As I suggested to Jeremy on the phone he has a big advantage that he should use. Him.

He should just dress up and go knocking on doors, without worrying about printed handouts.

Clean simple card, name rank serial number, big smile and a can-do attitude.

F

FB7777

JHC.

Lee is only repeating what I said

For an ex-marine you sure are a timid little thing

History would have been a little different if instead of storming Normandy, we dropped 1000 Nasty fliers from a US Postal Air Carrier

Go take the business !!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fred is brutal.....but he is honest. You'll be far more successful with the rubber hitting the road that mailing.

So Fred would we all be speaking German? :p

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You're probably right Ken.

It was some of the crap I produce,

I don't know sheeit about marketing .
I only know what gets my attention when i see it

That looks like a SYMPATHY card :shock: :lol:

..l.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i am sure Jeremy knows this from experience, but the follow up is the key. mailing 100 fliers/letters with a free offer might get you 1 new client...maybe.

repeated follow up calls to the decision maker can get you 5 new clients...maybe. depends on how good of notes you take and how persistent you are.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Maybe they were just targeted wrong Richard. Try sending that card to funeral homes. :p

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My opinion is that those SHAMPOOERS are a shy bunch and KNOW deep down in their psyche that what they are doing is just plain wrong and not cleaning.

Hence flooding the mail with a shot gun approach hoping someone will pick it out of the trash and actually read it.

Doctors say the personality disorder probably is from excessive masturbation.

:shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred Boyle said:
JHC.

Lee is only repeating what I said

For an ex-marine you sure are a timid little thing

History would have been a little different if instead of storming Normandy, we dropped 1000 Nasty fliers from a US Postal Air Carrier

Go take the business !!!!

n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK-XOLU4JuEn]

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have had next to zero response with the Free Room Cleaning Offer. I also had no request for my free demo offer cuz they suspect a high pressure sale pitch is coming with it. My advice is to drop off the flyers in person. You will get a much better response rate than mailing them. Drop them off early afternoon when people a looking for any distraction not to work. If you wanted to mail them, Use clicktoprint.com they will print, mail and address them to a commercial mailing list dirt cheap.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom