The Truth about the Rotary Drimaster

Alexarz

Joe, the RDM must shoot the water at a more downward angle on at least one water slot in order to clean at the highest level.

When comparing the three Rotary machines, I would rate them as so, with scores (100 being highest) in parenthesis;

Handling - 1. RV360 (100) 2. RDM (93) 3. RX20 (75)
Weight - 1. RV360 (100) 2. RDM (98) 3. RX20 (65)
Cleaning ability - 1. RDM (100), RV360 (95) 3. RX20 (78-HE version, 90-5 jet version)
Water Recovery - 1. RDM (100) 2. RV360 (92) 3. RX20 (85)
Durability - 1. RX20 (100) 2. RDM (85) 3. RV360 (80)
Maintenance - 1. RX20 (100) 2. RV360 (95) 3. RDM (70)
Ability to access more areas - 1. RDM (100) 2. RV360 (90) 3. RX20 (75)
Price/Value - 1. RV360 (100) 2. RDM (discontinued) 3. RX20 (65)

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Gentlemen...

Other than Alex being the STANDARD...arrogant foul-mouthed New Yorker.... :shock:

He is SPOT-ON...in his analysis of the RDM.."and other rotary equipment"... :!:

Perhaps we could overlook his POMPASS personality & pay more attention to his POSTs.

I have NO IDEA....what he said about Lisa W..."But if I was NOT under the GaG OrDeR"...
I am sure that "I" would have been just as bad.. :shock: Taking into consideration that I
am an IgNoRaNt,HillBiLLy,WhiTe-TrAsH,SouThErnEr... :oops: :oops: :oops: blowme

I have NO idea who the f@ck...he is either...HOWEVER...his info on the RDM is CORRECT.. :!:

Alex...There is NO need to ApOlIgIzE to anyone here... :idea: "There will eAt YoU AlivE"..
If they smell weakness.. :!: You seem to have some valuable experiance in this INDUSTRY.
Soooo...carry on.. :mrgreen:

You have PISSED OFF all of the bIg-BoyS here... :twisted: But they won't SUCKER PUNCH you
and If you cleanit up a TAD...you might even EARN their respect...."YOU WANT THESE GUY'S
IN THE FOXHOLE WITH YOU...WHEN THE TIME COME"... :!:

Ps...Most of the people in FL...are the LOOSER yankee's that couldn't make a go of it in
New York or Jersey... :shock: "Alittle TIP for YOU"...Loose the ATTITUDE...WHen they here
you accent & fast talking sales pitch... :oops: They want you OUT-OF THEIR HOME... :idea:

We are one of the HIGHEST priced cleaners in FL...for over 30 years... :shock: EASE-UP.. !gotcha!

Shit Happens.... :evil:
S4011014.jpg

HARPER said:
Gentlemen...

Other than Alex being the STANDARD...arrogant foul-mouthed New Yorker.... :shock:

He is SPOT-ON...in his analysis of the RDM.."and other rotary equipment"... :!:

Perhaps we could overlook his POMPASS personality & pay more attention to his POSTs.

I have NO IDEA....what he said about Lisa W..."But if I was NOT under the GaG OrDeR"...
I am sure that "I" would have been just as bad.. :shock: Taking into consideration that I
am an IgNoRaNt,HillBiLLy,WhiTe-TrAsH,SouThErnEr... :oops: :oops: :oops: blowme

I have NO idea who the f@ck...he is either...HOWEVER...his info on the RDM is CORRECT.. :!:

Alex...There is NO need to ApOlIgIzE to anyone here... :idea: "There will eAt YoU AlivE"..
If they smell weakness.. :!: You seem to have some valuable experiance in this INDUSTRY.
Soooo...carry on.. :mrgreen:

You have PISSED OFF all of the bIg-BoyS here... :twisted: But they won't SUCKER PUNCH you
and If you cleanit up a TAD...you might even EARN their respect...."YOU WANT THESE GUY'S
IN THE FOXHOLE WITH YOU...WHEN THE TIME COME"... :!:

Ps...Most of the people in FL...are the LOOSER yankee's that couldn't make a go of it in
New York or Jersey... :shock: "Alittle TIP for YOU"...Loose the ATTITUDE...WHen they here
you accent & fast talking sales pitch... :oops: They want you OUT-OF THEIR HOME... :idea:

We are one of the HIGHEST priced cleaners in FL...for over 30 years... :shock: EASE-UP.. !gotcha!

Shit Happens.... :evil:
S4011014.jpg

THIS ^^^^

Alexarz

Curtis, I have seen some RDM's broken at the same place so it is definitely a weak spot. However, it can be welded quite easily so it's nothing to panic over. I never said the machine was perfect but it is exceptionally good in many ways.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Alexarz said:
Curtis, I have seen some RDM's broken at the same place so it is definitely a weak spot. However, it can be welded quite easily so it's nothing to panic over. I never said the machine was perfect but it is exceptionally good in many ways.

If you look closely....you ca see the fatigue in the casting..!

S4011016.jpg

We use the RDM...to clean Large Rugs..."in-place".They do a great job.:!: "$3.00sf " :shock:

Ps..I see you have a 650 HP...Have you ever used the RDM @ 700 PSI..? It is amazing..!!!

Alexarz

HARPER said:
Alexarz said:

S4011016.jpg

We use the RDM...to clean Large Rugs..."in-place".They do a great job.:!: "$3.00sf " :shock:

Ps..I see you have a 650 HP...Have you ever used the RDM @ 700 PSI..? It is amazing..!!!
Yes I think I tried it once but most of the time, 500 psi tm style is fine. It's amazing that Hydramaster didn't realize the potential of the machine at higher PSI.

HARPER said:
Alexarz said:

S4011016.jpg

That is precisely the reason I want a drimaster (on location rug cleaning exclusively).

Joe Bristor

highest shear setting works well with my shear kits.
Here's a cleaner testifying to that on his GH he just upgraded:

"The highest shear is great for wool area rugs on hardwood, but I also like it on any short nap or berber style."

Alexarz

I have already done a RDM vs RX20 shootout and it was a blowout in favor of the RDM. The RDM is out of production and the RV360i is so good, that there's no use getting upset about it.

Alexarz

Mikey P said:
Well Alex, is it OK if us idiots still do one just so we can feel special?
Just make sure that the bottom water slots are completely clean. You can use a very thin feeler gauge to clean them out if you don't want to remove them. Also, make sure, if there is an inline filter. it is also clean. Get it shooting like a tsunami and then you will have an accurate evaluation.

Name
jack zerkie
I do my own test with my Roto vac, RX 20 , Roatry dri and now my Zipper, except I forget the results. Each unit has it plus and minus depending on the job. The Roto vac is the original model and think I will be selling it soon.The others work well, the RX 20 is used for emergency water extraction, I always remove the star base when not in use and in transport. I, m waiting to try the Zipper for water extraction, nice no power cord needed .Not having employees I can buy the toys I want and they last a long time. The Roatry dri is good on special jobs and nice to have, jz.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I've got a RDM and lately I've noticed the deck that rests on the carpet (don't know the proper name) seems to have become a little loose and not rotating smoothly, seems to catch a little when I change directions from side to side.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Is there a way I can tighten this back up or is this a more serious problem?

Thanks for any help!!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
WJMorgan3 said:
I've got a RDM and lately I've noticed the deck that rests on the carpet (don't know the proper name) seems to have become a little loose and not rotating smoothly, seems to catch a little when I change directions from side to side.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Is there a way I can tighten this back up or is this a more serious problem?

Thanks for any help!!

Bill
Pull the bottom plastic cover plates off...inspect that all the screws are tight...
"They can work loose"....This could also be from BELT wear...! There is an IDLER
arm adjustment for the belt... :idea: Tighten the tension on the belt... :!:
Also check the BELT for missing COGS..!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom