The ultimate tech or new OO training scenario..

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I had both vans running today.

FC5DB866-0500-44F7-8970-836870681202.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Are you going to put Mr. Pudgy on your other van?
Looking to hire another guy. But we'll see how we get through this winter season first. So far we are booking jobs pretty steadily. All my marketing stuff is paying off. Sent him to two jobs by himself today while I got office work done and cleaned a rug. Then we met up for a flood job. It was a busy day. This entire week is hell.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Best solution is to hopefully have a business serving really clean higher end homes where endless spotting techniques etc arent needed.

Maybe the homes are so clean you can VLM, build a system thats trainable in a week. Our industry is a revolving door of employment unless you have family to run the truck... you can find some lifers out there but they probably are pretty rough looking (old boots, beer drinking, beer belly blue collar type) and even they have more opportunity in other industries.

I prefer the country club younger dude who wont stay forever but youll hopefully get 3 years out of him... that means training cant take 9 months

FredC

Village Idiot
I could just paint the bumper red.

After finding @Old Coastie Stephen's van again and making it potd it does have a certain marketability.............perhaps rivaling that of more well known brands..............a catchy slogan surrounding it escapes me however

"Expect the Red Bumper" just doesn't have that "it"

Reactions: Nomad74

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
Looking to hire another guy. But we'll see how we get through this winter season first. So far we are booking jobs pretty steadily. All my marketing stuff is paying off. Sent him to two jobs by himself today while I got office work done and cleaned a rug. Then we met up for a flood job. It was a busy day. This entire week is hell.
What form of marketing do you have in play?

JHK

Name
John
well here is my take...actually it comes from Mack Clark (kinda like Jeff Bishop on steroids)

Training should only take 15 business days. There should be a written, step by step training procedure followed by end of day tests which are signed off by the tech and person doing the training. First 10 business days learning, last 5 doing the work by themselves. then monthly training meetings to fine tune. Surprise inspections thrown in to keep them honest.

How I developed my training system was to put into writing everything (yes everything) I did from the time I got to the shop to the time I left the shop. Yes it took TIME to develop, but it saved TIME when getting techs trained. Plus it provided that the tech understood what was taught. If there was any problem down the road, we just pulled out the training manual and addressed what went wrong and could be improved (either by further training or adding to the system)
That is the way I've always done it! writing my own tech training manuals is the only way! and now I video "how to" everything and have a tech training website. Its not hard, it just takes time to create. You will be thrilled you did it!

JHK

Name
John
That is the way I've always done it! writing my own tech training manuals is the only way! and now I video "how to" everything and have a tech training website. Its not hard, it just takes time to create. You will be thrilled you did it!
You have to get off that Van! and in the office! the only way to success! in this business!

Reactions: Numero Uno

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
What form of marketing do you have in play?
Here's the deal. I really don't want to lay it all out here. Too many local lurkers. But I am honestly hitting things on all fronts. I had enough business to keep just myself busy, but as my customer list keeps growing, I just seem to keep getting busier. So I reached the point of critical mass. Now that I have a guy to support, I ramped up everything.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
I will train him to perfection...
I was always a technician,even as lead...
Love the outfield, Coach...
Best of luck ,they are out there...
Man,I sure miss it.
Applied at a local resto firm.
Fingers Crossed...
Stewball coming out of the stables...

Reactions: Hack Attack

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom