The van up top..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Jay, you have no imagination mate.

I have an '86 Toyota Hi Ace van.

It has a HydraVac truck mount in it that I bought from Gary Bethel many years ago.

Friday just gone, I removed all my gear from the van bar the truck mount, air water seperator, waste filter and shelving.

I loaded in 2 x snail air movers, 1 x 2400 dehum, an inject-it-in, 2 x large fans, each 3' x 3' x 13", pluse a stack of other geat and chemicals.

I also hooked up my 8 x 5 trailer with 2 x 2000 dehums, 8 x fans (as above), box with carpet repair tool, mini tubo vents, large ducting & a couple of large containers that both hold 2 x 5 gallon drums.

I then drove 655 miles in 15 hours with several stops for meals and fuel.

The first two hundred miles it rained non stop, and we were into a strong headwind nearly all the way of the trip.

Turned around a drove home again.

The trip home empty took 12.5 hours.

The first five hours we were in fog, with a fairly strong cross wind, which later turned into another damn headwind.

This in a little FOUR CYLINDER TOYOTA van.

Ooroo :roll:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Did you beef up the springs? I remember one time when I had 7 men in my toyota and I pulled into a gas station. The attendant looked at the van with it riding really low in the back and he said "do you want me to put air in those tires?" :shock: :lol: Anyway I imagine The hi ace may not be the same as what was imported here. They were great vans and I regretted selling them but we bought a newer chevy astro van. I had almost zero problems with the toyotas and I wish I could say the same about the astro. Have a great day.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Yeah, had an extra leaf put in the back about twenty years ago :lol:

The old girls due to be retired soon, she's nearly done 208,000 miles, just replaced the head for the first time but she's starting to burn a bit of oil and blow smoke. :(

Probably time to replace the liquid ring truck mount also. :shock:

Have a good one mate.

Ooroo :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom