The vOrtex Slide In

Mikey P

Administrator
As I understand it Shawn had plans for a super sexy looking unit that dealt with the two biggest issue in crappy slide in design.
Over heating and vibration.
It was to be encased in stainless and loaded with fancy switches and gauges ala' the Big V.

I never paid much attention to Shawn's detail on this unit because I never had a desire for a slide in nor did had I ever owned one.

Now I have a question.

Was or is this unit designed to compete with the Everest, Genesis and other 60 hp machines or is it a 4 series blower out to slay the bulk of the crowded Slide In market?

I do remember hearing it was to be in the $30 grand price point.

Unless a 30 thousand dollar carpet cleaning machine can dual wand like a real V/AT I cant see spending anymore than 17 grand on Slide In

Tons of quality, dependable machines in that range that will clean a carpet with one wand perfectly.

Greenie

Hey, that is my beloved blower!

No matter what People will say about $17K machines, there will always be the Sexy crowd that will pay $30K for that bling, it has a market, might be a slim market this year, but it's there.

And "dual wand" is a subjective term anyways, you could do what everyone else does and claim dual wand, most will never use it as such.

Ryan

So basicly a heat exchange judson with pretty guages a fan and some limbsavers slapped on it?

And the price will be around 40k sounds like? :shock: ........ can I invest if you ever own vortex again? :D

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shawn York said:
[quote="Mikey P":2jvg9pd6]As I understand it Shawn had plans for a super sexy looking unit that dealt with the two biggest issue in crappy slide in design.
Over heating and vibration.
It was to be encased in stainless and loaded with fancy switches and gauges ala' the Big V.

I never paid much attention to Shawn's detail on this unit because I never had a desire for a slide in nor did had I ever owned one.

Now I have a question.

Was or is this unit designed to compete with the Everest, Genesis and other 60 hp machines or is it a 4 series blower out to slay the bulk of the crowded Slide In market?

I do remember hearing it was to be in the $30 grand price point.

Unless a 30 thousand dollar carpet cleaning machine can dual wand like a real V/AT I cant see spending anymore than 17 grand on Slide In

Tons of quality, dependable machines in that range that will clean a carpet with one wand perfectly.

The designs I documented in 2005 of the 4007si (now called the 4000si) was for a little #4 single wand machine - and if it gets built someday (place crossing my fingers/smiley emiticon here) ..... :D ......it will have most likely have a price tag higher than the most expensive #5 machines on the market if the design is adhered to. I really hope it gets adhered to. And I hope it gets built soon.

"Controlled Convection Cooling", a Sutorbilt Heliflow, very sophisticated isolation dampening engineering, and Pure Vortex Mojo are the reasons why it carries such a price tag. Most importantly there would be thirty test machines in the field for 5 months before the first one would be made available to the public. But it's not my decision. Not my company. I'm just dreaming here.[/quote:2jvg9pd6]

"You are Welcome"....... :D ........

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
...there will always be the Sexy crowd that will pay $30K for that bling, it has a market, might be a slim market this year, but it's there.

When you say "Sexy crowd" I think of the guys that wear big 70's era gold jewelry to distract the ladies from their pot belly or receding hairline.

Bling baby!

2009-ford-e150.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Keep in mind being the one and lonely Mikey P, I would get that thing for cost..

Why two slide ins?

What are the chances of two breaking down at the same time?

Lots of fuel savings when only running one wand

Two Lunchpails are still easier to work on and far less complicated than 1 Vortex

No Xentherm to deal with.

Not wearing out the vehicle to clean carpet

Motor and most parts can be bought at Milford's Lawn Mower repair and accessories.

No EDV to worry about

A thousand feet of wire and hoses to NOT maintain.

No $189 buttons

260 waste capacity

240º atw all day long

If I had to do one super long hose run I could Y them together

Did I mention how easy they are to work on?

30 grand for a truck tops, 34 for two lunchboxes another 10 in accouterments= 74 otd

The dual thing does not pan out put one in another truck

Mikey I don't get why you would need two machines in one truck. What are you cleaning? Dual wanding residential homes doesn't make sense unless you have a crew of 3 or more. Sure you may have a house every now and then that would be perfect for dual wanding, but how many do you really encounter. Most of my jobs are 5 rooms and hallway etc with a couch or two. In my experience the larger commercial jobs seem to go the way of the lowest bidder. Not all but definetely not worth the hassel. You can forget about cleaning restaurants, hotels, apartments. So really the big money is in restoration, charging 50 cents per sq/ft for residential, rugs, and all that can be done with one slide in. Today I was talking to another cleaner and he was telling me how busy he was, that he had 14 employees, that they did everything and rarely turned jobs down, and after talking to him for a while I learned he is half broke, can't even afford to pay off a thousand dollar invoice, and works dirt cheap. How would running a box with two Judsons help you make more money? Also my next machine will be a very simple easy to work on machine. No more computers, sensors, fancy switches etc..

Greenie

I don't wanna spend much time on the "to dual or not to" question, but I have notice a VERY common statement on the boards the last few years, and Daniel just reminded me of it in this thread.

What ever your Next machine is, One thing I hear a lot:

"Also my next machine will be a very simple easy to work on machine. No more computes, sensors, fancy switches etc.."

FCC said:
danielc said:
Mikey I don't get why you would need two machines in one truck. What are you cleaning? Dual wanding residential homes doesn't make sense unless you have a crew of 3 or more. Sure you may have a house every now and then that would be perfect for dual wanding, but how many do you really encounter.

I can't speak for Mikey but almost all of the homes I do are 8-10+ rooms and at least two levels. Dual wanding is looking more and more inviting......

Great. You never have a customer call with ten rooms that just wants the living room and master bedroom done? Are you running whole house specials? I can tell you a good cleaner with someone to vacuum, tab furniture, prespray, spray protector, groom, while also helping with hose management is way more productive and professional than a crew of two trying to do everything with twice the hose to set up, manage, and wrap up. Add a third person and your labor costs will cut into your profit too much. I am not a 50 cent cleaner and never will be. I can see dual wanding large empty houses, and an Everest will knock that out in a heartbeat in a regular sized van to boot. Also unless you are doing emties all day long then setting up 75k worth of carpet cleaning equipment is ridiculous imo for a primarily residential cleaner that might run into a couple jobs like that every week. Just spend an extra hour or so and single wand it. Heck I have good friends that work out of their cars (not suv yes car) and make great money. They think I am crazy for spending what I spend but I have a conscience unlike them.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
While Mike is "PonDerInG the PoSSiBiLiTy".... :roll:

We are almost DONE...... :shock:

We have the PERFECT BOX.. :wink:

254.jpg

The Prochem 805 goes in the rear bay....
03-16-09_1057.jpg

The Prochem 405 goes in the front bay...
03-16-09_1058.jpg

With Plenty of room for a "ride-along-nEwBiE"... :D
312.jpg

Dual-feed ...from Freshy tank & Chemical tank...
259.jpg

I am NOT saying it is pRaCtIcAl ....."But YOU don't have this set-up.. :p "

Ryan

Re: The vOrtex Slide

Sweet set up harper!!!

Now I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why not just buy a bigdaddy tm? It has a 6008 blower powered by a v8. Wouldn't that has as much power as a vortex? You could just take it to your local mechanic if you had engine problems. And a new v8 is almost as cheap as a new 30 hp...

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I agree with mike on all the advantages...

My rule of thumb is...If you cannot increase the production time by atleast 1 hour...
There is NO need to Dual wand...
We always have 2 men on the units..many times even 3...YES..including residential jobs.

My men are paid on percentage..They like fast production times...And nobody gets tired...

The PC805 has a 59 blower & is a 3 wand system...
The PC 405 has a #4 blower.BUT runs dual 2 1/2 hose from the tank..the A-12 nissan is pimped

This allows for alot of diversity in how you wish to set-up the job...With a large commercial job....You can dual wand upholstery with the 405...while dual wanding carpet with the 805..

You can Knock-out HUGE amounts of tile with both units SMOKING...3am in the morning and
you blow a hose on one of the units.."or any mechanical problem"...you are still Operational
with the other UNIT..

The only major Down-Side is you are carring the EXTRA weight...However the fuel consumption
is really a PUSH...The differance between running the 805 & the 405...will balance out the
differance... :wink:

We will see how it goes... :) ...The 405 was just sitting in a van costing me insurance.anyway.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Shawn York said:
Mike -

All subliminal tricks and jokes aside - nobody but you and I could give such an interesting debate on this subject. You have some of the most valid points I've heard. I was seriously thinking you should have a "Great Debate" Room where any two people with two different viewpoints could plead their case without interruption from the peanut gallery. :idea:

How about you shut this thread down so that only you and I can finish it up alone? - but without anybody's girlfriends jumping in to save someone. :oops:

Seriously. This is an excellent topic and deserves being debated by two people who know it as well as you and I.

Thats what the PM function is for. :roll:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shawn York said:
Maybe you misunderstood me Mike. I still would want this thread in 100% public view. Just you and me though. Think of the ratings on Mikeysboard.com. Ratings... Mmmmmmmmm. Yummy! :D

You and I are very logical, common sense people. You have created some very valid arguments that have made me think of a few new things. You're an innovator just like me. And we both have the ability to stay on track and debate like Gentlemen. Don't you think?

The ten guys that post here do not represent the viewpoints of the majority of the lurkers who watch. I write my posts for the Lurkers. :wink:[/quote

Jeeeeeez...."Why don't you GuYs...........GET A ROOM...".... :wink: (1 of the 10 guys) :shock:

010.jpg

Who's...on top TODAY.... :roll: ............ :mrgreen:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
you think it wrong for the people who bought your truck and others who are or who maybe thinking of getting one having their say. this aint ics or ***.. thats bullshit.
your not a innovator you just took the first judson and updated it a bit and with some great hype made a few bucks of them

im sure if someone had my sprinter with all the room and comforts that it comes with and a jud lunchbox they really would not care for the uncomfortable ride of the vortex

joe harper

Name
joe harper
cu said:
you think it wrong for the people who bought your truck and others who are or who maybe thinking of getting one having their say. this aint ics or ***.. thats bullshit.
your not a innovator you just took the first judson and updated it a bit and with some great hype made a few bucks of them

im sure if someone had my sprinter with all the room and comforts that it comes with and a jud lunchbox they really would not care for the uncomfortable ride of the vortex

ARE YOU DRUNK TONITE...CU... :?:

That is TWO....post in a row....That "I" understood what you were saying... :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom