Clutch plate
Doesn't polish or buff worth shit
Watch out for the bloom with aggressive pads or brushes

Name
Lee Stockwell
Clutch plate
Doesn't polish or buff worth shit
Watch out for the bloom with aggressive pads or brushes
In the 1970's I buffed a bunch of grocery and department stores with 175s and "hi-speed" 320 rpm machines. Took a different technique and gave good results.

If you could master "spray buffing" with a red pad and had a strong back it was good.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It would be near useless to me without the tank, and as you noted in the video, weight is valuable, I can add 40# if needed, even if not for solution.

Water is cheap and plentiful in KY. Just dump it after the job.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Gotta agree with Lee on this one. My 175 is used mainly in the shop for rugs. The solution tank is used for scrubbing in prespray, shampoo, deodorizer, etc. Much more effective than spraying then scrubbing. I used to bring it on the truck for nasty jobs. Put the prespray in the solution tank and go to town on the traffic areas. Nothing better in my opinion. The crbs and rotovacs have stuck the 175 in the shop except for vct cleaning

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I tossed my 175 in a dumpster right after my one and only restaurant got rid of their carpet. A glorious day it was.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
No thank you please! Heavy and awkward but it was a great prescrubber. I was into crb before it became fashionable. What colour brushes?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
No thank you please! Heavy and awkward but it was a great prescrubber. I was into crb before it became fashionable. What colour brushes?
Black. I like the way it scrubs. Nice thing, unlike a regular CRB that spits debris everywhere, you can turn on the vacuum and pick everything up. The machine itself is not so big, its that damn transport tray. Would have been better to have wheels on the machine instead.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Has anyone ever considered operating a floor machine in both clock/counter-clockwise directions? That would be really versatile!
One Cimex feature, reverses directions each time it starts to make brushes last longer.

On a 175 the operator has to make a pattern adjustment to clean all sides somewhat equally.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
No, I am suggesting that you could have machine with the motor able to run in the conventional counterclockwise direction with the ability to also run in clockwise direction at the flip of a switch.
This would even out the heel/toe function.

Name
Lee Stockwell
40 some years ago my snot-nosed new 18yo brother-in-law(I was all of 23) came with me on a convenience store strip/wax. After bragging about his extensive experience, he grabbed the handle and proceeded to wrap himself up while breaking glass on BOTH sides of the aisle.

"Your machine spins backwards" he told everyone.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom