The World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum..

Mikey P

Administrator
So with four pages of hundreds and hundreds of threads having taken place while I was having the time of my life in the Eastern Sierras I would appreciate it if my good buddy Martin Sutley would give me one of his famous abbreviated cliff notes of the last four days.

Thanks Porky.

Mikey P

Administrator
spent an hour or so here not thinking up lies about ***.

Gull-Lake-Pan-5945.gif

joe harper

Name
joe harper
We would LOVE to...But we don't own a bOaRd...We are all out here trying to scrape up

$5.00 a month...So you can vAcAtIoN every WEEK... :wink: :p

Mikey P

Administrator
Spent a good 6 hours here soaking in natural hot springs enjoying the scenery, sucking suds and getting sun burned.

Buckeye-Hot-Springs-crop.jpg

Water ranged between 110º and 80º and 35º in the creek where we would chiLLax for a minute or two..

hot_springs_06.1156486980.pict0537.jpg

n17820507_35451012_7459.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I get leary of hot springs ever since I watched the movie Dante's Peak. I imagine being cooked alive might put damper on a vaction and with my luck. It would happen the first time I tried to enjoy it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
It was my understanding that those springs were heated from the "SEWER GASES"

(methane)...From the San Francisco sewer system... :shock:

But i am sure you will be fine....Just encapp the towels you are using... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
I rode hwy 108 there which once you get into the mountains is (no way not to sound chad here), simply breath taking while also being extremely exhilarating, some would say extremely life threatening, views of granite walls 11,000 feet high make it hard to focus on the road.

Our day trip to Twin Lakes, Tioga Pass and June Lake Loop produced more "Jesus H Christs" than a Danny Strickland sermon.

2946422-Sawtooth-Range-Bridgeport-0.jpg

The ride home took me over HWY 4, when I stopped at Mosquito Lake a picnicker came up to me and said "I know you, you clean my carpet in Santa Cruz!! (some 230 miles away from home) The eastern side of 4 is like riding up a giant Slinky.

3096803506_d804e1d578.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mike:

My Dad, brother and I rode our bikes all over that country over several motocycle trips in the 70's and early 80's. I miss those day so much. It was beautiful country and as a teenage boy, camping out and riding in that country was heaven to me. I will do it again some day, before I die, I hope.

As for the brief synopsis of what you missed:

Bob was absolutely unbearable once you were gone, thinking he had the run of the place.

Greenie was PM'ing me telling me you were making his life hell. (Why does he think he should be treated differently than the rest of us?)

Ed Valentine showed up, posting under the name "Rightie Tightie."

We had several complaints about Les not returning phone calls during Odin's stay with him.

There were no UFO reports from Duane, but Phred told a few whoppers regarding the size of his penis.

The rubber room is dead from lack of Bob sightings.

Jimmy is jealous of the friendly relationship I have developed with Island Boy, and has been whining about it non-stop.

Billly Lewis came to visit me on Saturday. He's a really nice guy and you should see the scar on his leg from his V wreck. He's back at it, with a new V and going strong.

Jim Pemberton is talking down at me now. He's sucking up to Harold for some reason.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Marty, Harold may talk down to you, but I am instead trying to reach your inner James Dickey. I know you have the soul of a poet or novelist in there somewhere.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'll save you the time Marty

Dickey wrote "Deliverance", but he also wrote several other novels and poems about life in the south. The nature of that story is not reflected in his other works.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
(Heavy sigh)

Richard, you need to read other works of James Dickey to really understand what I was trying to tell Marty.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm sorry Jim, didn't intentionally mean to ruin your post. :oops:

You got caught in a little friendly fire, while I was trying to poke a pig! :mrgreen:

NOO not that way, "not that there's anything wrong with it", but NO!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Aside from the fact that your synopsis was pure fiction, it was pretty good, Marty.

No-one tries to suck up to me..... except several "industry leaders" that you wouldn't want to know and wouldn't give you the time of day.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Which proves my point that this guy has writer's skills, though he still thinks I'm picking on him.

I bet he can write better articles for trade journals than some others have.

Why not start there Marty?

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Every year we take our horses and go on a horse back riding trip for a week or so. We've been to Yosemite, Moumoth, Big Bear and a few other places. We're thinking of going to Utah or Wyoming next year. It makes us a closer family and reminds us why we work and toil.

Great Pic's Mikey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom