The World's Greatest Inline Filter video!

Mikey P

Administrator
http://youtu.be/jjI6Uqohc6g

20130307_121903_zps3da7e263.jpg

NO leaks, what so ever

http://youtu.be/K3Zxfift5pQ

Soon you'll be able to order Tom's awesome filters directly from Mikey's Board. :rockon:

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Thanks Mike...these types of reviews where people actually things up to a truckmount and use them are my favorite

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I ordered one today. I got the large 2 2 inch in and out. Kinda second guessing myself on if I should of done the small. Looking forward to getting it regardless.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Hey Thanks I'm glad you like it. I really didn't know what to expect, You all over here are a little a little harder of a group and I mean it in a good way, A lot of vet cleaners over here, stand up or shut up. So I was a little nervous when I saw the post.
Kinda like back in school when you had to get up in front of the class and do your speech, I never was good at that.
I like the video's and I do believe Joe will get his filter perfected he is just going through the same things I did.
I did laugh but I also know it could have easily been the other way around if my filter didn't perform.:eekk:
Nice video awesome that you left the extra liners in there too that was perfect.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
In all fairness Joes rc99 only leaks when You turn of the vacuum.

I like Toms design where the connection is lower it helps to remove more standing water that way

I usually leave my rc99 in driveway pick it up level and shake it in the dirt to remove excess water.

Mike You need a cfm tester, I used a Y and a rc99 and You dont lose but maybe 3 to 5 cfm out of 300 cfm on a 75 ft run. Im sure the devastator is about the same very little loss if any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mikey P

Administrator
I know it only leaks when you turn off the vacuum Sam..

But that happens at least one time per job, right?

Just one more head ache I don't need from a hundred dollar gadget.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I ordered one today. I got the large 2 2 inch in and out. Kinda second guessing myself on if I should of done the small. Looking forward to getting it regardless.

Dan you can change if you want. Just let me know it's no problem.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I know it only leaks when you turn off the vacuum Sam..

But that happens at least one time per job, right?

Just one more head ache I don't need from a hundred dollar gadget.

uhhh except the ones that have a trough, like the pool filter or the mytee one, where the water can pool...

THEY ALL LEAK....when the machine is off....

Every farving tool, gadget and what ever else is used has issues....just like cell phone providers, tv, cars etc....

it just depends on what you want to put up with...

Right after a job...i think i only tipped it a second or 2...to "clear" it
20130221_130244-1.jpg

after sitting in the trailer...either going to the next job....or the next day...
20130222_094514-1.jpg

I have talked to a few people, and some of them told me I shouldnt post the pics????

Told them Mike even said give it a whirl against the RC99....

I will post some vid (dunno how good it will be, cuz something ALWAYS goes wrong when you try to do testing hahaha)

and a review on the 2 of them.....1st off....they are super close in 50% of ways, not so close in the other 50%...

in the end..its what you feel like you want to deal with....

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Out of the back it is going to drain if you have a lot of debris from last job it is like a sponge, so if you don't stand it up and let it drain while you role up hoses and put you stuff away it will leak out PAST THE CUFF on the back.
Thats why I tell guys let it sit and make the Dev be the last thing you put away for sure if you have several jobs of debris in it.
As far as front leak looks like maybe adjust clip to put a little more pressure on gasket, You can just give it a little bend with your hand to push the clip down a tiny bit.
The smaller DEV has o oring and as long as the oring is clean when putting lid back on it may be even a BETTER seal than the BIG DEV.
I am perfectly fine with the pictures you posted. And I'm not going to blow a gasket, cut you off, tell you to go screw yourself, call you at 3:00 am in the morning over and over, or fix your filter if you need it to be done down the road, and you don't have to join a so called club to have it either.
I honestly think you can fix the leak in the front very easily with what I described above, as the gaskets get older they compress so the clips can be adjusted for this reason, and when they do wear down all you have to do is call and I will send you a new gasket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Rogers

Mike Draper

Out of the back it is going to drain if you have a lot of debris from last job it is like a sponge, so if you don't stand it up and let it drain while you role up hoses and put you stuff away it will leak out PAST THE CUFF on the back.
Thats why I tell guys let it sit and make the Dev be the last thing you put away for sure if you have several jobs of debris in it.
As far as front leak looks like maybe adjust clip to put a little more pressure on gasket, You can just give it a little bend with your hand to push the clip down a tiny bit.
The smaller DEV has o oring and as long as the oring is clean when putting lid back on it may be even a BETTER seal than the BIG DEV.
I am perfectly fine with the pictures you posted. And I'm not going to blow a gasket, cut you off, tell you to go screw yourself, call you at 3:00 am in the morning over and over, or fix your filter if you need it to be done down the road, and you don't have to join a so called club to have it either.
I honestly think you can fix the leak in the front very easily with what I described above, as the gaskets get older they compress so the clips can be adjusted for this reason, and when they do wear down all you have to do is call and I will send you a new gasket.

MADE IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Draper

When I'm done with each job I generally disconnect the filter first and then let the filter sit up while I put hose away and clean things up. I have never had the filter leak in my truck.

Mikey P

Administrator
Since this filter is 2.5 on each end I'll be moving it to eight feet from the truck mount so if it ever did start to leak, it won't be such an issue, until I get a new .37 vent gasket..

What I like best about it compares to the stainless RC99 I have is the fact it ain't...

Stainless.

The pvc abs p out what ever out its will out look and out last the RC for years.

Im thinking this black bag may be the answer to my screen tubes falling apart every six months as well.time will tell.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
This is for Jim I know he likes his pantyhose you can run them but you really have to work at getting it over the ring.
photobucket-28837-1363725441370_zps1043b9cc.jpg

2013-03-18_15-36-52_190_zps0faa89bf.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom