THE WORLDS OLDEST PRODUCTION TRUCKMOUNT !!!!!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Les:

It may be the world's oldest production model, but you've spiffed it up to a more modern style nicely, IMO.

Duane

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i am a VLM cleaner, but i still appreciated the vid...tx for sharing. you're pop seems to have accomplished a lot in the industry, you must be proud. somewhat amus

Walt

Nice video Les.

I don't think there are many machines that have lasted that long. I think it still looks pretty good after all the years. That's a machine you can have confidence in.

The sharp looking machine in the video is mine. On my request Les has gone out of his way to make a stock TNT quieter by adding additional silencers.

I seriously looked at machines by Prochem, Sapphire and Masterblend before I decided on a Judson. Stainless steel, simple design, huge waste tank, and low emissions won out. Another factor was knowing that Judson machines have been running for many, many years. And from what I can tell, Les is a man of his word. I get the feeling that he cares about how that machine is running - not just today, but ten years from now. I've learned to trust my feelings in this regard.

Can't wait to install it. I'll post pictures.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
les, thanks for the video I found it interesting and watched all of it. I think the machine does have alot of appeal, with a simple machine goes simple operation. so training idiot techs has to be alot easier. looks like a great machine for doing water damage. its too bad that HX adds such complexity to a machine however one has to realize that the fuel consumption with propane heat is nearly twice that of my HX machine. if the life of the machine is say 4000 hours, or at least thats how long a guy plans to use it before upgrading and trading it off. one has to figure that you are burning an extra 3-4000 gallons of fuel. if propane is 3/gal thats an extra $10000 or more. is the simplicity of the machine and being able to indefinitely rebuild it worth that much for say 10000 hours, maybe, maybe not I say.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
$3 a gallon???? quit buying it at the KOA.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: $2.30, I still get it for their wed special of $2.09...

And belive you me, id rather runn propane anyday of the week.....soon as i found out the exchangers where clogged on that everest, and i took them out....zoooooooom, That machine runs sooooo much smoother, with a straight through exhaust...

And to say its difficult or more dangerous, then you better step away from your bar-b-q grill

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Great video Les Keep it running. may make some book of records!

Walt said:
Nice video Les.

I don't think there are many machines that have lasted that long. I think it still looks pretty good after all the years. That's a machine you can have confidence in.

The sharp looking machine in the video is mine. On my request Les has gone out of his way to make a stock TNT quieter by adding additional silencers.

I seriously looked at machines by Prochem, Sapphire and Masterblend before I decided on a Judson. Stainless steel, simple design, huge waste tank, and low emissions won out. Another factor was knowing that Judson machines have been running for many, many years. And from what I can tell, Les is a man of his word. I get the feeling that he cares about how that machine is running - not just today, but ten years from now. I've learned to trust my feelings in this regard.

Can't wait to install it. I'll post pictures.

THANKS Walt

Is on the way !!!

067.jpg

steve g said:
les, thanks for the video I found it interesting and watched all of it. I think the machine does have alot of appeal, with a simple machine goes simple operation. so training idiot techs has to be alot easier. looks like a great machine for doing water damage. its too bad that HX adds such complexity to a machine however one has to realize that the fuel consumption with propane heat is nearly twice that of my HX machine. if the life of the machine is say 4000 hours, or at least thats how long a guy plans to use it before upgrading and trading it off. one has to figure that you are burning an extra 3-4000 gallons of fuel. if propane is 3/gal thats an extra $10000 or more. is the simplicity of the machine and being able to indefinitely rebuild it worth that much for say 10000 hours, maybe, maybe not I say.

The main difference between a Judson unit and your Prochem units is that all the 10,000 hours are spent cleaning carpets.

By the time your Prochem has reached 10,000 hours your blower preheating boxes will have rusted out, because the base of the Prochems are made of carbon steel. The blower produces moist heat in the exhaust, which accelerates rusting on carbon steel.

A Judson is made out of heavy gauge stainless steel that will last forever. Way beyond 10,000 hours. Actually, a Judson can last an indefinate amount of time. I see a lot of aluminum recovery tanks barely making it 10 years, due to electrolysis.

As I had mentioned, all 10,000 hours are used to clean carpets.

With a heat exchange unit you must preheat before cleaning, and if you want your unit to sustain good temperature, you must do this. The preheat time on average is about 15 minutes.

If you clean carpets for 10,000 hours and the average job is 2 hours. By the time that you got to 10,000 hours, you would have put 1,250 hours on the unit. Just the fuel cost for this preheat time $3,750 at $3.00 per gallon.

You have put 1,250 hours on the unit, not cleaning carpets, and if you were cleaning carpets during this time,and you were making $100 per hour, you would have made and extra $125,000.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
anthrax decontaminator????

:lol: I bet you make some serious cash off them stainless steel hepa vacs. You probably relabeled the quatalot and sell it to the USPS for $500.00 a gallon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom