the wrong gear, but the right way?!

Name
eric schulz
has anyone ever tried putting the center punch outs from a floor pad on a 4" angle grinder/polisher to get into tight spots (like around a toilet) while top scrubbing or stripping? ive been thinking about it for awhile, and i just finished a job that made me think dropping $40 on a cheap harbor freight guy to have for those pain in the rear spots wouldn't be the worst investment id ever make. i normally just get down on all fours( like a dog-trump voice) and get surgical with a scraper and doodle bug, but thats where gouges happen and nobody got time for that- and i assume continuing to use a pad would look much more consistent than a sudden transition to a different mechanism. feel free to tee off with your opinions- im here for it!

Name
eric schulz
i got a polishing adapter for my drill... didn't work too great. i think i will try with a buffer/grinder down the road. maybe my drill just sucks... 18v skil xdrive? perhaps a 24v would be better...QUOTE="scotty747, post: 4866956, member: 40274"]
i'll be doing this this morning. I use a drill with the center of the pad. Get a drill brush and cut the brush down to a good pad holder.
[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom