The Zerorez Difference

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We all run a lopsided business, in one way or another.

Some focus so hard on one aspect of the business as other important parts suffer.

Until ZR addresses some issues on the product it REALLY delivers, then I’m hardly afraid.

ZR is a marketing company, first.

We should learn from their GREAT marketing.

If only s franchise could DELIVER a PRODUCT and SERVICE, like ZR claims to...

They can’t.

Their reputation is suffering because of it, at least here in central IA.

Until they address serious issues on the operation end of things (product delivery), they shouldn’t scare those of us delivering a SUPERIOR product and service every day.

Cool commercial though. I’m imagining it on their website because a 5 minute spot on TV isn’t happening.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
They ARE good at cleaning up reviews on Google.

Homeowners are less thrilled than they appear (imagine that).

We have a 2 session pro picture fest next week (great photographer who shot our wedding). She’s staging the first shooting in a customers home. We’ve gone a LONG way to get ready for it.

All new custom hoses, yard sticks, shirts and hats just redone, new floor covers...I even ordered some SWEET projection headlights for my Butler.

I LOVE to square off with Goliath.

(In a small way, of course)

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Chemdry and SS were the same way so this is not new news.
They hire the same mcdonald's type of employees.

I just shared the same thought with a cleaner I know well. This ad is very similar to both Stanley Steemer and Chemdry, and in a way a mix of both.

What you can take from this though is that they are selling fear, and sadly some of those fears are legitimate things created by careless or uncaring cleaners.

Chemdry helped to change the HWE industry to where airmovers became a part of the carpet cleaning process, and no matter how you feel about empowered water, issues of cleaning agent residue are important to address, and most of you do.

Reactions: SamIam and Nomad74

John Olson

Name
John Olson
YOu can lie all you want in advertising as long as you don't make medical claims your pretty much allowed to say whatever the hell you want. Maxium is the worlds best protector, says so right on the bottle...had a customer tell me that yesterday as we discussed protectors...he was blown away that it wasn't true...he literally said it says so right on the bottle how can they say that if its not true!:hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless::hopeless:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
All you need is febreeze right?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So John in your opinion what is the best protector? And furniture protector?

J

JS41035

soap
sōp/
noun
  1. 1.
    a substance used with water for washing and cleaning, made of a compound of natural oils or fats with sodium hydroxide or another strong alkali, and typically having perfume and coloring added.
    "a bar of soap"
1997 Joe polish scare tactics with some good editing and funny dialogue . No soap or chemicals.....except when needed. goofy stuff.
I've seen zero rez trucks in person that look like they have been soaking in a chemical bath after 4 years. The dirty 1.5 wand blasting 900 psi through carpet backing was a nice touch. And im not even gonna mention the 175. DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND EMULSIFICATION? Its nice to see the crb agitation though.Staying with the late 90s theme.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
After all the Zerorez and Chemdry scare tactics have been blasted all over the web and tv, I don't dislike Stanley. They just use the classic old 3room deal and put a good mental picture of a professional service. I used to be negative about how they always advertised the 3 for $99 in the past, but that's every major corporation's way of reeling in new customers. Just healthy competition is all that is. Unlike the first two I mentioned above

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So John in your opinion what is the best protector? And furniture protector?
The one you like that has the best cost per sq ft and is made by a company you support. One that protects against soils, oils, spills and stains... as for Furniture protector solvent fabric protectors are illegal here in Utah, yes even that one don't care what he tells people it is, so we are stuck with water base which isn't the best for furniture just what we have..

Reactions: Foothills Phil

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
The 3 room ads ive noticed in our area lately are getting lower on the total sqft... they used to be 150-200sq ft per area.

now they say 150 "cleanable" sqft total
and then some say .38c/sqft for additional. Which seems really cheap initially but that will add up decently on larger jobs.
Its not a great rate to get but its not horrible like the groupon idiots

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So how is it that Scott McKay is buying FPA there?

Because its Isopropyl based?
I assume I don't know, don't know if it has been sent to the state for testing. I know Prochem and CTI and Steam Way and Bridgepoint Solvent Protectors, as well as many other solvents, and paint such as Aftershock went away. I know Auto Painters got hit hard too

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
So how is it that Scott McKay is buying FPA there?

Because its Isopropyl based?
Odorless Mineral Spirits are banned for use in protection spray in 18 States (Bridgepoint, Masterblend etc..). It all started with California. T-butyl acetate is approved but smells real nice. According to that "other brand" L.C. claims it is isoparifin and that it is safe for all states.

Tom Forsythe

There is no such thing as the best protector. Features of a protector are soil resistance, stain resistance, oil repellency and water repellency. You can test all you want and no protector will win all categories. However, different fibers and fabrics have different needs. The need of the fibers and fabrics should determine its best protector.

Regulations do impact the best choice for some states. Recently, I have received a solvent based C6 sample approved by the EPA that can be mixed with OMS instead of t-butyl acetate. This will minimize the odor issue for the states with no VOC laws, but will still not be legal in the 18 low VOC states.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom