"There is something about....mArY....aka....Brian Robison..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian,

You say you get most of your work from the internet.

I searched, carpet cleaning Dallas and I couldn't see your business.

Even after going through several pages.

Dalworth had the top spot.

Where are you hiding at and how does a prospect know what rock to turn over to discover your compamy?

What am I missing?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lisa,
The gettin costs more than the keepin

It's costs me so much because I am trying to grow as much as possible..even with repeats and referrals being as good as it is.

If I was content on doing a few jobs a day, I could have stopped working on new clients years ago.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
All my early marketing was free or very low cost....basically wrapped my van, printed business cards and did some calls to realtors offices. Never needed more. For me it is hard to comprehend why someone would want to take on such a high stress, complex business....when you can make a good living just doing a couple a day.

Maybe I just lack ambition....but my work is NOT my life.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think we've had this discussion before right?

The one thing I've learned is no one thinks like me....as I am sure no one thinks like you...Makes for an interesting world.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I wish Brian was in my area, I would absolutely do his work.

A large percentage of our business are presettlement and model home cleaning for builders. That requires manpower. With the market slowing as it has, we have had to downsize. This causes a problem because we have busy weeks when we cant keep up. I would rather keep more guys on and keep them busy. Then if we had very busy cleaning weeks. I would get back on the truck and do the carpets. If we have a slow week, I back off and keep the guys working, even if the profits arent through the roof, we are still moving.
Our biggest problem has been breaking into the residential carpet cleaning market. Brian obviously knows how to market well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm not that great of a marketer..I just work all day at it. It's slow building, but the quality work brings them back and hopefully their friends and family.

I've been doing work in Dallas well over a year and I am just now starting to get it moving.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I still can't find your company with a google carpet cleaning Tx search.

Is your website in hiding or do you mainly depend on Service Magic, pay per click?

Also, Can your guys make a living on your 3 rooms for $89.00?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dave Yoakum said:
I still can't find your company with a google carpet cleaning Tx search.
Yeah I screwed up my listings and they won't show for another 2 weeks or so...that's the chance you take when you are always screwing with your ads

Is your website in hiding or do you mainly depend on Service Magic, pay per click?
Right now I am depending more on my Sacramento area. lol. There are tons of ad on the internet. Did you try looking up my name in Dallas? Then you will see where I am listed. Lots of local ads you will see.

Also, Can your guys make a living on your 3 rooms for $89.00?
Hell no. Unless he does 10 of those a day....so maybe.
The idea is to make more than that while in the home...doesn't always happen.

Spurling

Subs doing 3 rooms for $45 subtracting their expense dosent leave much for profit .. does it .. or do they have to clean super fast and hope the customer dosent notice .. I dont see time for quality workmanship for that price .. and I also see subs possibly keeping customer info for future reference .. the minute a higher paying job requires that time slot, guess whos getting bumped .

The 50-50 thing sounds like a great plan (for Brian).. it would very profitable for Brian to collect on high volume in as many places possible .. but I think it would be very difficult to keep these customers .. it will show on the subs face .. "I gotta get this shit done .. move bitch , Im only getting $45 gross." Good Luck Brian!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Spurling said:
Subs doing 3 rooms for $45 subtracting their expense dosent leave much for profit .. does it .. or do they have to clean super fast and hope the customer dosent notice .. I dont see time for quality workmanship for that price .. and I also see subs possibly keeping customer info for future reference .. the minute a higher paying job requires that time slot, guess whos getting bumped .

The 50-50 thing sounds like a great plan (for Brian).. it would very profitable for Brian to collect on high volume in as many places possible .. but I think it would be very difficult to keep these customers .. it will show on the subs face .. "I gotta get this shit done .. move bitch , Im only getting $45 gross." Good Luck Brian!

Good lord...are you this down on everything? I dont know how many times I have to explain it.
Quality work, everyone gets paid, everyone is happy...except for you I guess.

Spurling

No Im pretty happy .. and no Im not down .. Im just looking at it in another way .. I have had a similar idea for a while now .. except for the state to state thing .. I have 2 fully equipped trucks and only have enough work to use 1 truck 3-4 days a week .. I was thinking of using my 2nd truck to start a new business and hire a sub to operate it .. then I thought , hey what if I could do that and then get another truck and start hiring technitions as owner operators (who dont have a truck) for a 50/50 split on jobs they bring in .. maybe 30% on jobs I get them .. so and so on .. I dont have it all figured out yet ..

So Ive been thinking of something similar to what youre doing .. Im not knocking you or doubting your sucess .. Im just picking your brain for all of youre positives so I can run with the ideas and become a more sucessful company..

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
truckmount girl said:
Why does it cost all of you so much to get and keep clients??? My advertising/marketing expenses were nil, even in the first few years. I paid way more for my chems. My largest expense was gas. My repeat/referal rate was nearly 100% by the end of my first year.

Of course I wasn't trying to support anyone but myself and my kids, so I didn't need to do 5-6 jobs a day either, I was happy with two and home in time for the kids to get back from school.

Much less stress and worry and complication.

Take care,
Lisa

The only thing that matters is the "Return to Owner". Everything else is mental masturbation

Chris A

Name
Chris
Absofookinglutely I would do it. After starting from scratch in many ways two years ago, there were times I would have killed to make 4-500 a day in between my regular work. Now, I probably would not sub, maybe on commercial if the money was right, but 2 years ago, no question.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom