There ought to be a place for service guys to post on dirtbags!

Name
Steve Lawrence
I saw Dave Atell at a comedy show last uear

he lived next to hedberg and he told the bit about how a guy wasbanging on Mitch’s wall cause he was playing his music too loud

Mitxh replies through the wall “go around, I don’t know if there’s a door on your side but my wall is just flat”

deadpan comedy at its best
Mitch has so many funny jokes he deadpans (with his eyes closed). I really like the "oscillating fan that looks like it is saying "no" and the one where he talk about a banana being the opposite of a traffic light. "Green means hold-on, yellow means go, and red means where the f did you get that banana?"

Name
Steve Lawrence
Bob, I'm so glad you didn't sell it! Check this out.

Wow, over 44K for a guitar. Shoulda got a few. Ha. My 1970 B3 is only worth about 9K.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Yes, Bob. Hammond B3 and one Leslie 122. Just serviced--had a tone replaced that went out. Plus I needed new Leslie power tubes. It's a monster again!

My fave B3 player lately is Joey Defrancesco with Cory Henry up there, too.
There is no sound like a B3 and Leslie cutting thru the air!

Joey and Van Morrison are quite a team.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The B3 is my favorite My friend & I played over 45 yrs together old 50's R&R and blues . He past last year . Unable to find another person. A REAL talent to play the B3 good luck with yours. jz
Awesome!

I played in a rock band (front man) in the 60's before I was drafted and went to Vietnam.

Sat in with a band in Colorado Springs, and Manila (R&R from Nam), while in the service!

Name
Steve Lawrence
The B3 is my favorite My friend & I played over 45 yrs together old 50's R&R and blues . He past last year . Unable to find another person. A REAL talent to play the B3 good luck with yours. jz
Hey JZ, if I am ever in FL I am looking you up!!! (B3 is too heavy to bring--but I may have a much lighter POS. BTW If you are ever in Michigan please look me up!!! I have very crappy drums and cymbals, good enuf for grandkids for a while, so you may want to bring your own. )

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I still have my original 1960 Gibson ES-335 blonde guitar (no starburst- bought it new in 1960).

It is a sweet sounding guitar through my 1964 Fender all tube Bandmaster amp and separate Fender reverb.
My buddy has a 335 from his Dad, Probably from the same year or older.

Name
jack zerkie
Hey JZ, if I am ever in FL I am looking you up!!! (B3 is too heavy to bring--but I may have a much lighter POS. BTW If you are ever in Michigan please look me up!!! I have very crappy drums and cymbals, good enuf for grandkids for a while, so you may want to bring your own. )
The main thing is to have fun. I say I'm a much better carpet cleaner than a drummer .Just turned 78 the other day and believe that both things keep me going. I really enjoy doing both. jz.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The main thing is to have fun. I say I'm a much better carpet cleaner than a drummer .Just turned 78 the other day and believe that both things keep me going. I really enjoy doing both. jz.

You inspire me Jack. I'm just a young punk of 63 that's looking at retirement but I'd be bored senseless.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had a guild 1966 starfire I sold to my cousin.
I sold my Gibson black beauty 1976 to a friend in a band.

I still have a fender strat 25 year anniversary edition neck needs work.

I also have a Ovation.

this guy visits are old church yearly.

i just stopped playing lol

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
i just stopped playing lol

I play bass. I'm okay-ish. I only jammed with my dad mostly and occasionally played a set with his band. When he died I got all his band stuff but I blew the amp(I think) back in October and haven't gotten it looked at yet. Just haven't had the time but hoping to do that this month.

This recording sucks and it's only partial but here ya go.

Name
Bruce
I play bass. I'm okay-ish. I only jammed with my dad mostly and occasionally played a set with his band. When he died I got all his band stuff but I blew the amp(I think) back in October and haven't gotten it looked at yet. Just haven't had the time but hoping to do that this month.

This recording sucks and it's only partial but here ya go.

Awesome Steven!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom