There's at least two reasons to always keep distilled water on your working vehicle

they live

Name
Steve
Yeah I don't have a backup right now. Been thinking of getting something newer.
Point is you can hear these things early if you listen.
The Butler has been very dependable for me. It was a great buy.
I've never owned a slide in and probably never will.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Mikey P

Administrator
So the dealership is saying the fan doesn't work ...wouldn't it be overheating constantly if that were the case? Screenshot_20240725-145220.png

FredC

Village Idiot
So th ...wouldn't it be overheating constantly if that were the case?

not necessarily. IDK exactly how it works on the transit but there are two fans. Not sure if both always run or if one comes on as "high". Both may also be low and high. High in either drawing the excessive amps and blowing fuses.

but once the fuses are blown it would seem like it would overheat all the time without constant air/coolant flow

again just a guess because i don't know anything about these

Reactions: Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So the dealership is saying the fan doesn't work ...wouldn't it be overheating constantly if that were the case?

no

told you in post #25
I'll try it this way this time,

depending on load, conditions and movement, it can run cool enough to not the need the fan.
They don't run continuous like belt driven

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Nate W.
Electric fans are subject to failure more than clutch-driven fans.. I'd still burp the system to know that all the air is out of it.. Then change out the fans if it's still a problem.. My .02 cents..

Hell, that's only 7 glides out the she-shed or 5 AW29.. Change it..

Mikey P

Administrator
Electric fans are subject to failure more than clutch-driven fans.. I'd still burp the system to know that all the air is out of it.. Then change out the fans if it's still a problem.. My .02 cents..

Hell, that's only 7 glides out the she-shed or 5 AW29.. Change it..
yup, hopefully they finish today and can pick me up or deliver it, otherwise the van has to sit there untill next Thursday.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Oober unavailable?

Uber has freed me from asking for rides back from dealerships, pick ups when a vehicle breaks down, or medical appointments where I can't drive.

50.00-100.00 is well worth it not to be indebted to anyone

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom