Thermal curtain for the Transit..

Name
Jeff T
My guys are requesting a fabric devider to help with the can temperature as well as safty from flying tools..

We want something that can be taken down to do maintenance on the Everest...

@scottw is this available?

https://interlinksupply.com/?item_num=AX04
Mike, if you can’t find what your looking for, look into welding fabric. You can have something custom made, and it can have snaps, or quick release type fittings.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Jeff T
Another option is going to a custom tarp place. I had my local one make me up a rug pit out of heavy duty material. They can do anything you need, including putting a clear vinyl window in if needed. That way, you’ll get exactly what your looking for.

Reactions: Mikey P

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
They are not currently available anywhere that I know of.

There was one small garage company that made all the van dividers. They were sold by Interlink Supply, by American Van and several other companies. He retired and no more were being made.

A former Interlink Supply employee started a sewing company called Custom Bags that began making the van dividers in what was the most popular size at that time. Making a quality pattern for the fabric and where all the snaps goes has a start-up cost for each model. Right now, our product managers do not see enough sales to justify the investment in new patterns for the larger taller vans. I keep suggesting it. They want to be sure we would sell at least 100 a year to get back the initial investment.

If enough people wanted to order, I could get them. Similar to the ones we do sell for the older style vans but a perfect fit for Transit or whatever other van it was made for. If you want one for Transit, let me know. More names of potential customers would give me some ammunition when I go back and prose the additional sizes again.

FredC

Village Idiot
All I see premade are from Van-X in the UK....they ship here

but it look like they would only be useful as a pattern to make something more heavy duty..............and you still have to do measuring, cutting, and riveting

https://van-x.co.uk/media/import/pdf/Van-X-Cab-Divider-Curtains-Instruction.pdf

they don't seem to be tailored in any way so you are really paying for the track system...not even a pattern

I thought there would be more aftermarket in the RV/stealth camping world but it seems to be all DIY or overseas

Last edited:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Yacht canvas and upholstery people can do it. Should be a few of those around the Bay area... usually mobile so they will come to you. They can add the window as well like on the seal a door.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
What about buying the factory ford hardwall divider? If there are areas you need to access on truckmount a local fabricator could make removable access panels for it

Name
Jeff T
Happy employees make MORE MONEY.... just GET IT DONE... I DONT WANT TO HEAR EXCUSES, I JUST WANT TO SEE RESULTS.... that’s what my old boss used to say...

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I built a wall with a removable center section. I attached it at the door openings which worked well for me but it did reduce the distance the seats will move back. Not a problem for me cuz I'm only 5'7".
2004 Chev van 002.jpg

MerCrewser

We stopped at Home Depot this past winter and bought:

A curtain rod (fits in the styrofoam side airbag actuator cover)
Black moving blanket
Clamps

Works and looks awesome.

Taz3rfac3

Name
Blake Jackson
My guys are requesting a fabric devider to help with the cab temperature as well as safty from flying tools..

We want something that can be taken down to do maintenance on the Everest...

@scottw is this available?

https://interlinksupply.com/?item_num=AX04
For the heat put off by the truck mount after a job?
I went to harbor freight tools and got a thermal blanket to pin up works perfectly for me

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom