thermalwave has me banging my head againest the wall..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sure, glad I could help. How's your Mom? Have you gone to see her?

Mom seems to be healing up OK....she has to go back in on the 20th and they are going to remove the shunt and check on the area that they could not finish because she was doing pretty bad during the operation.....

they think that they should be able to take care of everything threw her mouth..... (amazing what they can do now days )..if not then she is facing a reconstructive surgery...

Thanks for asking...and your help..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I don't know......the guy there is pretty smart....he could of told me that I had 10 things wrong with the machine and charged me for it and at this point I would of paid it and walked away..........to be honest..he could of told me I needed a new machine and I would of probably ran the fork lift for him and pulled it out......he had no intrest in this and was not going to even charge me for his time because there was nothing wrong...nothing needed to be fixed.....he spent an hour going threw and testing it so the very least I could do was make sure he got paid for his time so I found out what they get an hour and made sure they charged me..............everything I did check out fine and everything he did check out fine.......I don't know...I don't have an answer.....but I am not going to find out unless I put it back on the street and see what she will do.............

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Hi Jim glad to hear you mom is doing better. is your TW have the GM or NIssan engine? mine has the GM and I havnt had that problem, yet. Besides the elec. issues and fan fix you helped with it has been a dream. thanks again for the pump clutch. I ended up buying a new one 250.00 but I have the old ones for backups. give me a call when you get a chance.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I don't know the guy so if I sounded like I thought he didn't know what he was doing ill apologies but I've known you a long time and if you say it ain't right then it won't right. I have one here right now that runs 45 minutes and shuts off. I'm sure it is the brain but we had to test everything once the customer had been fiddling with everything and pissing it off. When it came in it ran 15 minutes and shut off. We fixed his fixes and then it ran 30 minutes and final gave some codes. We replaced the temp sensor and the air sensor and now it runs 45 minutes to the dot and shuts down. I wanted to switch the brain yesterday but we had to fix the codes first because that's what your supposed to do. I won't tell you what he was told before he came in. Long story they can be a bugger some times but if you feel it isn't right then your right. They arn't supposed to run funny or shut off or dump water. That wasn't how they came out the box and wasn't how it was running before you starting tearing your hair out right? That's all im getting at. Not all mechanics are willing or able to get into figuring out the "ghost"
Issues we have spent 3 weeks more then once on a Blueline. The good thing is it isn't comman or any more comman then any other machine but when it is yours it feels like everyone one ever made has to be a POS too

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't know......the guy there is pretty smart....he could of told me that I had 10 things wrong with the machine and charged me for it and at this point I would of paid it and walked away..........to be honest..he could of told me I needed a new machine and I would of probably ran the fork lift for him and pulled it out......he had no intrest in this and was not going to even charge me for his time because there was nothing wrong...nothing needed to be fixed.....he spent an hour going threw and testing it so the very least I could do was make sure he got paid for his time so I found out what they get an hour and made sure they charged me..............everything I did check out fine and everything he did check out fine.......I don't know...I don't have an answer.....but I am not going to find out unless I put it back on the street and see what she will do.............

Any update?

Jim,

this actually makes sense to me because the temperature sensor/sender for your unit is immediately BEFORE the solution outlet.

This of course would make it AFTER all pressure and temp bypass measures.

I guess one way to check is to hook the temp gauge to the sensor at the hx which normally serves as a shutdown............

anyway....I'm still not sure what increasing the PSI may do other than increase the amount bypassed resulting in less heat transfer to what amounts to a dead end road at the sensor point......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Any update?

Jim,

this actually makes sense to me because the temperature sensor/sender for your unit is immediately BEFORE the solution outlet.

This of course would make it AFTER all pressure and temp bypass measures.

I guess one way to check is to hook the temp gauge to the sensor at the hx which normally serves as a shutdown............

anyway....I'm still not sure what increasing the PSI may do other than increase the amount bypassed resulting in less heat transfer to what amounts to a dead end road at the sensor point......

I think so...

day before yesterday I took it out for the 5 cleanings....it still was working backwards to me but I was getting good heat and it was cleaning "normal"...( not normal for me but normal ).....

but..

Every job the EM light would come on and it would shut down....

I checked everything...fan....circulation...everything I could think of......everything seemed fine...I fought it all day long...
brought it home and checked everything again....everything seemed fine....

Called the guy that works part time for me and asked him to work yesterday....4 jobs...I want to take both trucks to each job in case the thermalwave breaks down...
He can do the cleanings and I am going to stand there and baby sit the machine and watch everything it does.......

Long story short....I am standing there listening to the machine and watching everything it is doing...half way threw a pretty good size job.....it started to sound different....pulled the top cover off...and noticed the radiator fan had slowed way down..then it picked back up to full speed...then it just stopped....then it picked up and ran really slow....then took off........OK..that explained EM light and the shut down......

On the way home I stopped and got another fan...put it on last night...when I pulled the old one I broke it apart to see what was wrong with it..............( got to know the hows and whys )....from what I could see when the radiator hose let go and threw antifreeze every where it got in the fan motor and shorted the windings and was making it cut in and out...there was still anti freeze in there......but every time I check it it was fine...so probably when it got really hot was when it started to act up.....but I was always in a house cleaning...........so that problem is solved......

as for the new normal...the machine is working fine...but it is backwards from what I am use to...in other words..from what I can see...both of us are correct.......

IMG_5111-2.jpg

that little blue line that is coming off of that "T"....goes straight to my manifold where the solution lines hook up......and from what I am understanding..it whole purpose is for my temp gauge.....it by-passes back for the temp sensor..........there is a little hidden orifice in there that is worn out and is by-passing way to much water....
according to the guy who looked at it from interlink.....he has never seen one hooked up like that before...he does not even show it in his service manual or have a part number for it.....so because this thing is shot it is making it work normal for what he is used to seeing and abnormal for what I am use to seeing........

I wanted to take the computer out of the engine compartment and get it away from all that heat...I was told that you could buy a longer cable to do this.....but from what I understand it is only for the Nissan engines...not the GM ones......while I was replacing the fan last night...I noticed that there is already about 4 foot of cable twisted up and wire tied in there....so while I had it all apart...I made a stand and pulled the computer and mounted behind the filter box..away from the heat and water.......there is nothing wrong with it but...when all hell broke loose and antifreeze went every where........the computer got flooded........and after the fan problem...I don't want to take that chance again...you only get lucky once...........

so it appears I had a chain of events all at once....

radiator hose.....
thermostat...
coolant pump..
orifice...
fan.....

but for what it is worth...I learned a lot more about the machine.....electrical...flow...heat...and a whole lot of new cuss words...............

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The joys of being an O/O and a DIY guy. good job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
and would you buy another one?

I would........its a good machine..........for what seems over complicated for some..is not that way for everyone.......this was more my own fault then anything....with everything going on...just did not have my head where it needed to be.....that..... and the book is way off on parts that I don't have that are listed...and parts that I do have that are not in service manuals.......

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I remember Les showing us a pic of a thermalwave all torn apart and tossing all the sensors and other crap.
That convinced me all we need is a simple machine that squirts and sucks.
Other things in life are more to worry about.

Reactions: Scott Rogers

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I remember Les showing us a pic of a thermalwave all torn apart and tossing all the sensors and other crap.
That convinced me all we need is a simple machine that squirts and sucks.
Other things in life are more to worry about.

But with out all that stuff that he raped off that machine........instead of the machine shutting itself down........it would of toasted everything and would of cost me more then a few parts and a huge headache........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
But with out all that stuff that he raped off that machine........instead of the machine shutting itself down........it would of toasted everything and would of cost me more then a few parts and a huge headache........

ehhh how so???

if you strip it all out, and just have the motor turn the blower and pump......

remember he took all the exchange garbage out to... Which yes i get some dont like secondary heat source.....

BUT you dont have to dick with it...

love my everest just spinning the blower and pump......

but i would still keep the heli-coil....helps cool the machine, and works great for preheating and when doing upholstery

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The stuff or junk les pulled off are not problematic. The helicoil is like an extra radiator , just makes the engine last longer. The sensors are there to protect the engine and pump . You can pull them but why. The heat exchanger is problem free and has one 270 deg. sensor.
your cars has similar sensors and we don't pull them. Recently my machine was causing me grief. It would just shut off. It was usually at the beginning of the day. It would run 5-10 minutes then shut off. Then It would start and run the rest of the day. It happened for weeks. Almost always at the beginning. I didn't take the time since I was so busy and it was a minor inconvenience.

It was very low on anti-freeze. Still don't know where it went, but it hasn't lost a drop in months. I'm guessing the last time I changed it I didn't burp it properly and have been low al this time with no problem until the electric fan died and summer hit. The sensor saved me.

Love my machine but I am tired of looking at it. I would like to see Les's new diesel hx . Perfect fit for my diesel truck

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom