They don't make 'em like they used to.....

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Only 2674 hours and I have to replace my blower drive belt. All the cogs were stripped off my Tripower Vextra v-belt. .......Only happened when extraneous material caused the blower to seize or I may have got another 2500 hours out of it.

Blower now un-seized - and with a new belt it was luckily a cheap fix :rockon:

roro

roro

Name
Ross Craig
So what exactly caused your blower to seize?
I don't really know. The material was similar in consistency to cork or crumbled rubber, but the mechanic thought that it was a paint. Still puzzled as to what is was and how it got in there as we have 2 filters in the in-line splitter, and then another in the vacuum tank, none of which showed any evidence of contaminant.
We run constant pump-out and my only thought is that there was some back pressure in discharge hose, and that tech had the end of the discharge hose very close to or below the level in the drains.

roro

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Very odd. Did you disassemble the blower? Shouldn't be any back pressure on the pumpout hose, should be open ended. I can only think that there is not enough filtration from the waste tank to the blower. Material in the waste tank bypassing your filter and going directly into your blower

roro

Name
Ross Craig
We have a very fine hydraulic strainer type filter from vac chamber to blower. Mechanic found grub screws in a pulley driving blower and auto pump-out had loosened and were sitting proud which was what chewed the cogs off the belt. Having minimal cogs may have caused belt to slip on pulley for auto pump-out which could have allowed gunge to flow backward up discharge hose

roro

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom