think of the stupidest person you know...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Then think of someone stupider. I'm thinking safety around my truck when its running, plus security when I'm cleaning late at night down town. Don't want someone sticking their hand where it shouldn't be or taking something that isn't theirs. I have a screen that's going to go in front of the pulleys and diverter, just in case some idiot decides to put their hand through the gate.

20140731_105315_zpsacb2984f.jpg

20140731_105247_zpsa85a5e62.jpg

I can close one side to block off the TM and still be able to get in the truck. Sort of half security if in a residential area. Keeps people away from the working parts.
20140731_105127_zps3f21b6e8.jpg

Then I can close it all off and keep everyone out. Esp when I'm cleaning Chinese restaurants downtown where people with few morals hang out.
20140731_105050_zpscc9d32cc.jpg

and then just so no one trips over the hoses I got me one of these hose bridges
20140730_111024_zps3bb32ff0.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
That gate is a very elegant solution to your security concerns Ron. Running my D/D TM I can just put my hoses through the security access gate on my door and close it and lock it, which is a nice feature, What do you do about the other security issue when working a commercial job, that is, can you secure and lock the front door of the place you are working?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I only clean a couple restaurants that take me till about midnight. Can't really secure the doors on these places. The condos I clean I have to leave the doors open but I clean those in daylight.

What I would love for them, or ALL commercial places, to install is like a trap door beside the access doors, about 6in square, large enough to run the hose through but not large enough for anyone to gain access. Run the hoses through and go inside, the building is secure.

On my other truck I had my hoses such that I could connect outside the box. Challenge is I need to keep the door open for ventilation to keep the engine cool, so how to secure the truck with the door open. I have a few other mods in mind for winter time so I can close the door partially but still give the engine lots of cold air for cooling. That keeps enough heat in the box to prevent anything from freezing.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its a great idea.......if you put it on the inside of the roll up door then you can use it to also help secure your truck at night or when you are away on vacation..........pull and lock gates then drop the door and lock it...

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Looks great and professional too! I not to sure about the bridge idea.

Mike Draper

What if I was in my wheelchair and I catch air off your bridge? Major lawsuit!!!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the security aspect of it and it still allows good air flow in there plus it matches you company colors too! :icon_cool:

The speed bump well....I image you can get some good air pulling an Ollie off of it. :p

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
pretty darn unique there Ron.

but I never imagined you for a late night work type guy.

First I wanted to make sure my name wasn't already mentioned in this thread.........

Second, All I can think of is the time you wuz driving down the road with your Azz end hangin wide open.
Then things will look awful funny swingin back n forth in the mirrors : )

Put some straps on em when they are not in use!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

First I wanted to make sure my name wasn't already mentioned in this thread.........

Why would you think that? :p

GCCLee
*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*
GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*GCCLee*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GCCLee

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you KNOW there is a eulogy thread in the RR.....wher you can tell people what you think of them.......
before they die...

it's a hoot!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
well, if someone steps AROUND the ramp or rolls off the side, I've done my best. Stupid is as stupid does. And yes, the first person by that ramp walked around it!! :oldrolleyes:
That ramp is almost foot and half wider than a wheelchair and even more so for a scooter. AND they would have a hec of lot harder time getting over the hoses without the ramp. Its no different than a ramp you would see at a construction area.
If someone sues me, I'll say to the judge "Your honour, I thought of the stupidest person I could, then I planned for someone stupider. I guess I just could not plan for someone THAT stupid!" I'm not going to build an over pass to get over the hoses. This is what that ramp was built for.

Already thought of the swing, if you look close on the bottom corners you'll see some latches; those are for bungies to hold the gate in place while I'm driving.

When I'm away, I can lock the pull down door, then I can lock the gate in two spots. Of course, if they have a screw driver they can disassemble the whole thing, but then they still have to cut the lock on the door. I can basically triple lock that gate, one on the outside, one on the inside, and one at the bottom. A lock only keeps an honest person out. The gate will keep some idiots and kids out. It'll keep those nosey cats out too!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like that ramp it would be great for side walks but I do believe a good share will go around it and still have your hoses as obstacles.

I would. "Stupid is as stupid does." :redface:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
th

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom